Pieces of Us...
Yes We Are Still Alive... - Monday, May 14, 2007

I know, I know.... You have pretty much given up on me ever updating again. I tell you what, our lives have been so hectic, I barely have time to breath. Much less update this blog. I haven't read my friends' blogs in ages.... Work has been hectic, the kids' schedules have been hectic. I think you get the idea.
Yes we are still alive and kicking (although sometimes I think its just barely). I wonder what we are going to do when the kids get more active in sports and school. I will probably just completely keel over from complete exhaustion. I think I'm about to do that now!
Let's see, where shall I begin... Well I will say one good thing. Two weekends ago my friends Lynn, Sam and I had a "Girl's Weekend" at Myrtle Beach. No kids, no husbands, just girls having some fun. We had to be the most BORING of all girls in Myrtle Beach. I guess that's what happens when your a married mom in your 30's. Lynn and I were just glad for the break away from the kids and a chance to sleep in until 9:00 a.m. Ahhh, heaven..... Sam likes to get up "at the butt crack of dawn" as Lynn and I like to say. But she was nice enough to not bother us when she got up. It was wonderful.
The only bad part of the trip is the weather decided not to cooperate. It wasn't real cold or anything, but it definitely wasn't sunny and wonderful either. We didn't even walk out on the beach! We laid out by the pool one afternoon, but not once did our toes touch the sand. Hard to believe, eh? I told you we were boring!
In other news, Skyler has started playing t-ball. Although I'm not sure why they call it "t-ball" because they don't actually use a "tee." They pitch to the kids until they get tired of it and then finally pull out the tee. That's not the way it worked when I was a kid, but whatever. She has practice once a week and two games a week, so that is keeping us busy for now. Luckily its only going to last until the end of June (if we make it that long).
We have been more places and done more things these last two months. But I guess I'm not in the mood to really talk about it today. I did want to just update and let you know we are still alive and kicking!
Hope everyone is having a great spring and I hope to update again before Christmas! Take care.....
Yes We Are Still Alive...
Monica; 9:06 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

The kids are getting so big! If they are this busy at this age i can imagine what's its going to be like when they are in their teens.
I would love to get away from the kids and hubby for awhile...but then i think "then what would you do?" I think it would be pretty uneventful. It's been so long since i was single i can't remember what i did before "them". I know i must have had a life back then. lol

Glad your still all doing well, i hope that it slows down a bit for you and you are able to enjoy yourselves.
I'm still anticipating the ending to the story of how you and your hubby came to be. :)

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com