Pieces of Us...
Now I Know Why I Drive a Honda..... - Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I posted this on my local mommy board today. I just had to share here to.

This is a long story, but I just have to tell you guys about it.

I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey with 103,000 miles on it. I have driven a Honda since 1987. Love em, they usually last us over 200,000 miles.

Last week my drive light started flashing on my Odyssey. We called the Honda dealership in Burlington and they said that normally means something is going on with your transmission. We all know how expensive a transmission can be.

So we take it to the dealership in Burlington and they say the transmission is going out and will need to be replaced/rebuilt. It will be $3200!!!! I just paid the van off in April!!!!

Well I don't want to take only one person's word for it, so we take it to the dealership in Greensboro and they say the same thing. :-(

What are we going to do? We don't have $3500 lying around? I'm upset, crying, etc. So I decided to call my hometown dealership back in TN where I used to buy my Honda and spoke to the service manager there. He was so nice and talked to me for about 20 minutes about the situation.

He said a transmission should not be going out on a Honda at 100,000 miles. He suggested I contact Honda Customer Service and tell them I am a long standing Honda customer, that my Hondas have always lasted over 200,000 miles, that I knew some of the 99-01 Odysseys had problems, etc. (a long list of things I should say). He said sometimes Honda will pay 10-50% to have something like this fixed.

So I called and was super nice and sweet and said all the things he suggested. That was last night at about 7:00 p.m. They opened up a case file and said they looked at these situations on a case-by-case basis. She spent about 45 minutes on the phone with me while I explained everything and she asked dozens of questions.

So this morning I get a call from the dealership in Burlington. Honda is paying to replace our transmission!!!! Now that's what I call customer service!!! Now I remember why I drive a Honda......

IF the guy in TN hadn't told me to do this, then we would have never thought about it. I called him back today to thank him. I asked for his supervisor's name and plan on writing a really nice note about how helpful he was.

I just had to share... sorry it was so long!!!!
Now I Know Why I Drive a Honda.....
Monica; 9:03 PM

9 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

OMG! THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME IN MY LIFETIME..

Now if you tell me your going on a cruise next week i'm going to shoot myself...lol

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

That - is - AWESOME! Whoo hoo! \o/

1:52 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!!!! HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!

10:51 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

patiently waiting for the rest of how you and your hubby got together. I hope your able to do that soon. Plus i would love to hear how your life is going right now.

10:04 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

still missing you girl!

12:05 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

haven't given up on ya girl! Your girl has to be dating by now, and your boy has to have joined football or something..lol
hope your back to blogging soon..miss ya.

11:01 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Merry Xmas!

10:14 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm still hoping that you find some time to catch up....hope all is well with you all...i bet skyler and chase have really grown.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That actually made me tear up. How awesome!!!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com