Pieces of Us...
Here I Go Getting Slack Again.... - Thursday, March 15, 2007


Here I go again getting slack about posting to this blog. I get on a roll for a few days and then it falls to the wayside. And I really wanted to finish my story on Jonathan and I... Alas, I am not inspired to do so at this time. So we will leave it at that for now.

As usual, we have been so busy my head is still spinning. It seems we never get a break around here. The good thing is we are going to have some free time to ourselves next weekend.

Next weekend Jonathan and I will celebrate our 16th anniversary. It is so hard to believe we have been married that long. God we are old. So we asked Jonathan's friend who owns the house at Myrtle Beach if we could use his house and he graciously agreed. (Thanks sooooooo much Steve, your a lifesaver). I've never even met his friend. But I love him dearly for his graciousness.

So tomorrow we are heading back to Kingsport to drop Chase off at my parents' house. I'm sure it won't be much of a restful weekend because my mom just had a shot in her spine and isn't feeling very well. Not to mention Jonathan will most likely be glued to the television most of the weekend watching the college basketball playoffs...yawn, sigh, boring...... I will never understand this man's obsession for sports.

The good news is I have asked (well not really “asked”), we’ll say I have “demanded” that next weekend on our 4 day weekend to Myrtle Beach there will be NO television. Yes, no basketball games, races, golf tournaments, etc. This weekend is all about US. I was surprised when Jonathan was all for it. He wasn’t exactly happy about it, but he graciously agreed. Later on in the week he did whine a bit about it. He informed me that if I fell asleep he was sneaking into the living room to catch up on the games. Geeze

Well enough bitching. Like I said before, we have been so busy these last few weeks. Not just at home, but at work also. My work is in total drama mode. People leaving, quitting, coming. It has just been wild. We went like 3 years with no turnover and then all of a sudden its total chaos.

I have been so busy with work these past few weeks. This is my busiest time of the entire year. All of my forms committees are in full swing and I’m getting ready to travel for most of my programs. I will be gone quite a bit over the next month or so. I actually like traveling for my programs. I enjoy getting out and mingling with the members. I love my instructor. He has been instructing for us for about 6 years. And not to mention that I get to stay at really nice hotels. Its usually long days, but very fulfilling.

Last weekend we took Chase and Skyler to the
Museum of Life & Science in Durham. It is a totally awesome museum. They have this exhibit called Magic Wings Butterfly House. It is so cool. Its this huge building that is about 80 degrees year round and has thousands of butterflies flying around in gorgeous vegetation. The kids absolutely loved it. However, as usual, I can’t get many pictures of Chase. He just doesn’t like having his photo taken. You can view all of our pics here.

When I picked Chase up from daycare today his teacher was very excited to inform me that Chase had pooped in the potty for the very first time!! Woohooo!!! We are well on our way to potty training. He has been peeing in the potty full time now for about 2 months. But not once has he pooped in the potty (don’t you just love hearing about stuff like this). This is quite a breakthrough for us. I commenced to jumping up and down and clapping and making a general fool out of myself. Luckily my only audience was the teacher and a group of about 15 two year olds who commenced to clap and jump up and down with me. Hopefully he is getting the general concept down of crapping in the pot instead of in his pants. Keep your fingers crossed for me please. I think he is doing fairly well to only be 2 ½ and be of the male persuasion. I won’t get too excited though because we still have quite a long road ahead of us.

Well hate to cut it short tonight, but Grey’s Anatomy is on and I must run upstairs and watch it. Its been a rerun for weeks. Oh the things that get you excited when you are my age….
Here I Go Getting Slack Again....
Monica; 9:48 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Mallard said...

Don't stress about your blog! Don't become a 'slave' to it! heh heh. Ya, it sure does sound that life has been very full for you all lately.

And how your children have *grown*! That's great!

On a sad note, it looks as though I'll be closing my blog down. I'll try to let you know if I open another one somewhere else.

Cyalayta
Mal

1:20 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Hope you have fun in Myrtle Beach. I haven't been updating because i got a new computer and i am waiting for cable to come hook me up for internet. I will be posting and back to my old routines this week :)

Good news is Frank started a new job today for more money and benefits and the works....let's cross our fingers eh? see ya soon.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Oh yay! Caroline is back online! [cheers loudly]
Actually, the Mallard is back, this time wearing a Gherkin-Green costume [giggles]. Check me out at team-gherkin.blogspot.com
My security issues have been solved, no worries.
Speak with you again soon.
'Gherkin'

5:52 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Hey Monica, I am working still...but at any moment they can slash my hours...I want to find a small cashier job for a couple hours to make up the difference or if i am working my full time hours it would be for extra money.

I appreciate the nice comment that you could hook me up, i had always wanted to be in a office job. But i can't see leaving Michigan. Don't ask me why other than my mom and dad being here, their really isn't anything here for me.
Someday i would not mind talking to you either.
Hope you and your family had a great Easter!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com