Pieces of Us...
What Another Update?!?!? - Friday, February 23, 2007

One of Jonathan's high school buddies sent him this picture. Its of Jonathan way back in high school. Just thought I would share. Jonathan has very few pictures from his younger years. So it was nice to see one. Thanks Richie!

I know, I can’t believe it myself. I’m updating again and its not been six months! I sat back and I thought, “You know, I really miss my blogging.” Blogging on my own personal website was refreshing sometimes. Just getting it out there and talking with other moms and acquaintances about family/child problems. I even started posting most of my (well a trimmed down version) of my posts on my personal myspace page. I miss the girls I used to talk and blog with. I know we all get so busy with work, kids, family, etc. its hard to stay in touch sometimes. Not to mention sometimes you just don’t feel like blogging or listening to your own problems, much less anyone else’s. But sometimes its therapeutic to write things out and get them out of your system. Not to mention its nice to have someone who can relate to what your going through. I think that’s what was so much fun about blogging for me. And when your gone for so long, you kind of lose touch with those girls you kept in touch with before.

But anyway, this has been a pretty crappy week. This week I was fortunate to have the dreaded
Norovirus. Oh the joys of that one, let me tell you. Having your bodily fluids spill out of both ends is not fun, let me tell you. Poor Jonathan just had a whole week of single fatherhood while Sam and I were on our joyous Caribbean “girl’s only” vacation. It started about 4:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. Its funny as Jonathan and I went to bed Tuesday night, we were laying there and I said to him, “I have a feeling of dread.” He was like, “Oh hell, you and your “feelings.” Little did I know that feeling of dread was about to hit me in about 5 ½ hours. Oh the horror of a stomach bug. Nothing can be worse. The bad thing was I had eaten Hummus and some pita bread for dinner. I think I will never ever eat Hummus again. You know how you just can’t get something like that out of your mind. It is not lovely coming back up, let me tell you. Like you want to hear about that.

So I was down for two days. Jonathan just started his new position this week and here he was having to take care of both kids, by himself once again. Speaking of Jonathan’s new position. I know I originally wrote about it on my last post. But I had to go back and remove it. I was so excited about it that I put it up on my blog, but then realized that it hadn’t been announced yet, so I pulled it back down. Nothing like one of his employees reading it on my blog before the district manager had made any announcements or anything yet. Doh! Me and my big mouth. But everyone is in the know now, so we are good to go.

Last weekend Jonathan, the kids and I packed up and headed home to Tennessee to see family. We hadn’t been home since Christmas and Jonathan really wanted to see his grandmother. Not to mention our trips home are the only time Jonathan and I get to have much “alone time” or going out to dinner time or anything. I’m thinking this is where I probably picked up my lovely virus. Mom came down with something Saturday afternoon. So Jonathan and I went out to dinner on Friday night and Saturday night. Sometimes its nice to just get away without the kids. But the funny thing is, we end up talking about work and the kids anyway.

Poor Little Man is still in shock over me leaving him for a whole week with Daddy. He won’t let me out of his sight. Every time I step out of the room he is like, “Mommy pease don’t weave me!” “Momma, where are you going?” I know he loves his Daddy deeply. But he is definitely a “Momma’s Boy” right now. I think it hurts Jonathan’s feelings just a wee bit that he is constantly wanting me. I told Jonathan its just a phase, that eventually it will be Daddy and Son. But he is most definitely a momma’s boy right now. Sometimes he’ll just turn his head and completely ignore Jonathan. He wants “Momma to do it!” I think it all suits Jonathan just the same. Since he is constantly asking me for stuff, its just one less thing Jonathan has to deal with. I will give Jonathan credit, where credit is due. He loves his kids more than anything else on this earth.

We have absolutely no plans for this weekend. I am so far behind on laundry, it isn’t even funny. And the sad thing is I took all of the kids’ laundry home with me to my parents’ house last weekend. How pitiful is that? But since I was gone two weekends in a row with my trip with Sam, I was already so far behind. And then us going home last weekend, it put me even further behind. Laundry. I hate that word. It never ends. I have a never ending laundry pile! I see dirty clothes in my dreams at night! I’ve pretty much given up on ever having a tidy and clean house again. I think sometimes you just have to prioritize. Hmm, playing in the floor with my kids or mopping the kitchen. Why playing with the kids of course comes first!

I’m sorry I don’t have anything more exciting to talk about this week besides stomach bugs and dirty laundry. Its just the ever boring life a working mom and mother. I would update with a bunch of pictures of my trip. But I only took like 4 pictures on our entire trip. So nothing exciting there. I can’t wait until its warm weather again so we can get the kids out and do some stuff. Staying cooped up in the house is for the birds. I hate winter.

So anyway, enough boring stuff for today. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Maybe I’ll have something more exciting to talk about next week.
What Another Update?!?!?
Monica; 2:54 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I don't get bored with it...i just sit and read while nodding in a "I've been there girlfriend" kind of way. It doesn't make a difference what you write about, you have a way of making it sound interesting.

Just a suggestion...butt...If your that far behind on your laundry why not take the clothes to a laundry mat, get it all done in one shot. then all you have to do is fold and put it away. Sure it cost a few dollars but at least you can get caught up and just keep it up there after.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com