Pieces of Us...
Its Been So Long.... - Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ok, I'm not sure what is wrong with blogger, but I can't get the paragraphs to separate. Forgive me for the way this post looks....
I know, I haven't blogged in like 6 months. Things have just been so hectic here in our household that blogging wasn't a priority. I couldn't even begin to catch you up on what has been going on in our household, but I will at least try. I haven't even had much of a chance to read my favorite blogs like Carolyn, Jess, Nance, Robyn, Krista, etc.


But anyway... I do have one good piece of news. Jonathan was promoted yesterday. He is now the General Manager of the entire truck stop. Woohoo! Its been 7 years in the making. I know he is excited about finally being able to make GM. I was excited for him, but was also a bit nervous. In the last year he has got things so nailed down in the shop that he could leave every day at 5:00 or 5:30. No more working the 16 hour shifts. Its been so nice to have him home in time for dinner and to help me with the kids.


Jonathan normally picks up Skyler from school and I pick up Chase. Then we eat together as a family (on the days that I cook) and then its homework time, bath time and bed time. He is such a huge help with the kids. Sometimes I sit back and think of how single parents do it. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be. I think kids are hard and my husband is there to help. So if you are a single parents, more power to you baby. Kudos to you!
I just returned from another cruise a few weeks ago. My girlfriend Sam and I did a "girl's only" cruise to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and the Bahamas. It was so nice and relaxing. But really the whole time I was on the cruise, I was thinking about Jonathan and the kids. Especially Jonathan because he normally always goes with me. I really enjoyed myself with Sam, but I missed Jonathan so much.
I don't have any photos to share with you from my trip. I think after the 3rd or 4th cruise, basically everything was the same and photos just weren't as much fun. I do have a totally awesome tan. Which is great in the middle of January. I'm sure it won't last long though.
This time we took Princess instead of Carnival. I was really disappointed. Not that there is anything wrong with Princess or anything. But the age of the crowd was so much older. Not to mention it was more "refined" and "laid back" than Carnival. Now I know most people say that Carnival is the "Wal-Mart" of cruising and that only rednecks and partiers choose Carnival. Well place me in there with the rednecks and partiers then because I prefer Carnival to Princess any day. I like the hairy chest contest, the busy discos,the wild and crazy shows, and the midnight vulgar comedians. Give me that over Bingo and ballroom dancing any day.
Jonathan and I will be married 16 years next month. Sixteen years people! That's like a lifetime it seems. We were so young when we got married. I see people now who don't marry until their early 30's. We married when we were 20. Just young pups. Sometimes I look back at the photos over the years and wonder where all the time has gone. Before I know it our kids will be in high school and graduating college.... Time really does fly by as you get older.
I've ran into a lot of old friends on myspace here lately to. One of my elementary classmates was telling me how amazed he was that Jonathan and I were still married. He said most people in our graduating class married young, divorced, remarried someone else and have divorced again. So I guess we must be doing fairly well compared to others. He said he thought he had "missed the boat" when it comes to marriage. He wasn't ready for marriage at 19 or 20 and by the time he was mature enough and ready to marry, all of the older women won't have anything to do with him and the younger women are just plain ole dumb. I thought that was pretty funny.
I know I'm just rambling on about nothing in this post. But it has been so long since I have blogged, I don't even know where to begin.
Skyler and Chase are doing great. Chase just started a new daycare this week. We have had the same home baby sitter since Skyler was born. But a few weeks ago she decided she was going to finally retire for good. She keeps her own grandchild now and Chase and that was it. But she felt it was time to retire. So we enrolled Chase in the daycare where I attend MOPS meetings. Its a Presbyterian Church near our home.
The first day was hell. I have tried to take him to MOPS several times. But whenever I left him at the daycare and left, he would run screaming up and down the halls, "Mommy where are you? Mommy come help me!" He is such a momma's boy. Jonathan is really getting upset with this "Momma's Boy" thing to. Ever since I returned from my trip, he has like been attached to my hip. I think its really hurting Jonathan's feelings. I'm sure its a phase and he will get over it soon though.
Jonathan kept both of the kids by himself while we were gone. I was so proud of him. I know some husbands who wouldn't even spend an evening along with the kids, much less an entire week.
Anyway, back to my daycare story... So we took Chase to daycare on the first day and I took him into his classroom. He immediately started screaming bloody murder. He was so upset the Director asked me to bring him into her office for a bit so he wouldn't upset the other children. So we went in there and I finished filling out the final paperwork. He was playing with a little Thomas the Train set and he kept looking back at me and saying, "Momma don't weeve me." "Momma, pease don't weeve me here."
It was finally time for me to leave and so I was trying to sneak out the door without being seen. No such luck. He came screaming out the door. The Director took him back into her office and told me to go on to work. About an hour or so later she gave me a call at my office and told me that he had cried for about 2 minutes and then he was perfectly fine. Go figure.
So that afternoon when I picked him up from daycare I asked his teacher how he had been. She said he was great. The only problem she had from him was when they laid him down for his nap they play music. She said he kept saying, "Turn that off!" "That's too woud!!" "I can't sweep with that music, its too woud!" That cracked me up. We have always put him down with a fan for background noise, but never music or a tv. We learned our lesson in that department with Skyler, that's for sure!
She also said she was amazed at his verbal skills. She said he talked better than most 4 year olds. My reply to that comment was, "Well he has a 5 1/2 year old sister who never shuts up." So I guess he must have learned how to yap his jaws from me and Skyler. :-)
Skyler is doing great in school. Although we did have one little incident out of her last week. Apparently there is this one little girl that Skyler doesn't get along with very well. My personal opinion is they are both dominant and just happen to bump heads over everything. The teacher had mentioned to me in our first conference how they had been sat together in the beginning, but they just couldn't get along. Anyway, Skyler said that the little girl kept "staring" at her during their drama class. Now does this not sound like something from high school or what. Ever since Skyler was a baby if you stared at her, pointed at her or laughed at her she would get really angry. I think she gets the temper thing form Jonathan.
Anyway, so after class I guess Skyler walked over to the other little girl and asked her why she staring at her. I don't know what the little girl said to her, but Skyler said the other little girl pushed her and apparently it ticked Skyler off and she back slapped the little girl. So Sklyer got into deep doo doo over that one. Luckily the teacher didn't tell the principal or anything, but Skyler wasn't allowed to participate in Fun Friday at the school (which is a big deal to her). We had to sit Skyler down and explain to her
that we NEVER hit anyone, no matter what the situation. Oh the joy of children....
Ok, enough rambling. Maybe I will get back in the swing of things with this blogging.
Hoping to catch up on all my blogs I read. I really have read some on occasion, I just haven't had the chance to comment. Back at ya soon!
Its Been So Long....
Monica; 9:18 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhh your back :)
Wow another cruise! Your so lucky, and without hubby. I'm green with envy! New baby sitters are always hard, but kids adapt. I was lucky in that department, my kids had a routine when we had to work and when we went out, the grandparents helped, my friends helped. So thank god i did not have problems with leaving them anywhere. I think your right about skyler and the domination thing. Hopefully the teachers will be able to keep that under control.
We know how life can be so crazy, but hopefully it will get better for you. My life is a flippin nut case. I should be on meds...lol

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com