Pieces of Us...
Boring Weekend - Saturday, February 24, 2007

Nothing much going on this weekend. I was so far behind on laundry, I've spent most of today working down the massive piles of it.

The weather was actually pretty nice today. I think its around 56 degrees now. The kids spent about an hour and a half playing in the backyard on their swingset and playhouse. Me, I was still in my pajamas at 3:00 in the afternoon. No reason to get dressed up to do laundry. After walking outside to see what the kids were screaming about and seeing neighbors walk by, I figured it was time to haul my ass back inside and put some clothes on.

The picture on this post is actually a photo of The Caribbean Princess. Its the ship Sam and I cruised on a few weeks ago. Its their newest ship and was quite lovely. But I wasn't as impressed with it as I was Carnival's Liberty.

This photo was taken while we were on Princess Caye. They tendered us in from the ship. Sam and I stayed on the ship until late morning. We didn't want to stand in line to get a tender from the ship. I love the beach, but can't handle more than a few hours of it. The water was ICE cold, so we really didn't swim very much. Of course you couldn't tell it was cold by all the people in the water. But it was definitely too cold for me. Princess Caye is somewhere in the Bahamas.


This is a picture of Megan's Bay in St. Thomas. Its one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Jonathan and I spent 4 days in St. Thomas back in 2005, and we went here almost every day. This photo was taken from the mountaintop. There is a small restaurant and gift shop there that sells "world famous" banana daiquiris. Since neither Sam nor myself are really drinkers. We passed on the alcohol and just enjoyed the view.

The water in Megan's Bay is just gorgeous. Can you imagine having a house up here looking down at the ocean. It would be wonderful.
This is a view of Princess Caye. I thought I had some photos of Coki Beach, in St. Thomas, but I guess I don't.
This is pretty much the extent of my picture taking on our cruise. I do have one additional photo of Sam sunning in her bikini. But I think if I posted it, she would probably disown me as a friend and possibly kick my ass. Therefore, I will refrain from posting it at this time. However, should she ever piss me off.... (jk Sam)

That's pretty sad that I only took like 4 pictures on my trip. I think Sam and I would have a lot better time if there had been a group of us going. Next time we will try and get some other girls to go with us. I know there will be a "next time" because Jonathan is already planning another weekend trip to our friend's beach house with the boys. He takes 3 or 4 weekend trips with his buddies and I add them up to my week long trip with Sam. Of course it may take us another couple of years to save up the money to take another cruise. But we can start pre-planning.

Speaking of pre-planning. Our 16th Anniversary is next month. We usually don't do very much for our anniversary. Reason number one is we don't have any family near to babysit the kids. Reason number 2, well we've been married 16 years and we have pretty much seen and done it all. Reason number 3, Jonathan is pretty slack when it comes to anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, etc.

However, this year, I think we will try and go out of town to celebrate our anniversary. It will be nice to have a couple of alone days away from the kids. Not that we didn't just have an entire alone weekend in January when I won the trip to Charlotte. I guess I didn't blog about that, but I won a 2-night stay at the Hilton in Charlotte and suite tickets to a Bobcats game. It was pretty sweet. We had a great time and it was a lot of fun. However, babysitting for the weekend set us back about $100. If we had family that lived by, we wouldn't have to spend the extra money. But again, that's the price you pay with no family near. Oh well, bitch, moan, groan....

Well anyway, its getting late and I need to get supper started. Its pork chops tonight. How much do you wanna bet that the kids won't take two bites and will ask for hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.





Boring Weekend Monica; 4:02 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I forgot to say on the last post...your hubby is a hotty...no wonder you married him.

Hopefully i will one day get to go on a cruise and see the things you have seen and say this is what monica was talking about.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com