Pieces of Us...
One More Day! - Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I can't believe I only have one more day of work before vacation! Yippee!! I'm getting excited. Our first "official" family vacation. Should be an experience. Now if I just don't forget the camcorder and digital camera. Gotta get those beach shots of the kiddies.

Wow, I had 7 comments on my last post. That has to be one of my all time records. It makes me feel loved!

Not much has been going on this week. I will say one thing, I've been reading Nance's journal for several years and I've seen her mention a site called craigslist several times. Craigslist is like a Penny Saver or classifieds/eBay like website. The only thing is, its FREE! Yes Free! How cool is that. So I was browsing through some of the listings in my hometown when I came across a Lil Power Wheels Race Car for $15.00! This little race car retailed for over $60.00. It was a couple of years old and they don't make them anymore, but that was a great deal. The ad was a couple of weeks old, so I was sure that it had been sold by now. So I sent an email through craigslist and the next morning the owner emailed me and said she still had the car. So we set up a time and I met her husband that afternoon and bought it. We had originally planned to buy Chase a battery powered motorcycle for his birthday, but they are so expensive (over $100). Now we get him a little race car for 1-3 year olds that fits him perfectly. I'm so happy. I just love a bargain.

So I did a bit of birthday shopping the other day. Does anyone else have problems finding toys for toddler boys? I just can't seem to find anything interesting. Chase has bookoos of cars and trucks. So I was stumped on what to get him for his birthday. He is obsessed with Disney's Cars. He loves the movie and he thinks Lightning McQueen and Mater are the best things ever. But that stuff is sooo expensive. I did find him a pair of Cars light up tennis shoes that are just adorable. The bottoms look like little wheels and they light up. I wish I could find a picture of them to show you.

So I did come across one thing that I thought he would like. It originally retails for $34.99, but was on sale for $14.99. Its a Playskool Cool Crew Talking Tool Bench. Adorable.

Jonathan finally got the suitcase out of the storage building last night. He must really be looking forward to this vacation because he has already packed his clothes. Now this is coming from the man who usually waits until the night before we leave on a cruise to pack. So him packing several days early is unheard of. Heck, I haven't even started packing my own stuff. I'm still in the process of washing up the kids' clothes for the trip. How the heck do kids mess up so many clothes people?!?!

I totally had something I wanted to mention here and as I was typing that last paragraph I completely forgot what the he-- it was. Do you ever do stuff like that? From the moment I hit 30, my mind/memory has gone to sheer pot.

I wish I was talented and could actually write things and make them sound funny like Nance and Jane. Alas, I'm just a country bumpkin from Tennessee with no writing capabilities whatsoever. Oh well. I guess we are all talented at something or another. But writing is definitely not one of my talents.

Speaking of writing and fellow bloggers. Krista's daughter was again featured on Armed Forces Network (AFN). She has such a wonderful story. Go check it out for yourself. You can find it here. I don't know what my problem was, but the other day when I watched the video, I just cried like a baby. Chase was playing beside me in the floor and he looked at me like I was a total mental case.

I know I'm all over the place with this post today. I guess I just don't have very much in the way of excitement going on this week. My life is currently pretty boring. So enough rambling for now. I'm assuming this will be my last post until we get back from vacation. So you won't see me on here for a week or so. Stalker don't get any ideas about an empty house or anything, we have a house/dog sitter coming. So there! Hope you guys have a great week! See you in a week or so!

One More Day!
Monica; 3:14 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I hope you have heeps of fun! make sure you put on your list to bring the kids..lol..since your not used to bringing them..lol
j/k

thanks for your comment on mine
I'm just going thru alot of stress right now..

I wished you wouldn't put yourself down about your writing..i find ya very interesting and funny. I know i can't write that good but i write what i feel and i am happy with that. Take care Monica ..bring me a shell..lol

12:59 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Hope your alright....waiting to here about your family trip.
Your probably swamped at work, hope your back to normal soon..
later..
caroline

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com