Pieces of Us...
Counting Down the Days.... - Monday, August 07, 2006

I can't believe its just 4 more days until we leave for the beach. Woohoo! This will be our first "Family Vacation" ever. Should be interesting....

The good news is my parents are going with us, so we will at least have some help with Little Man. He is such a little destroyer right now. At what age do boys calm down? Please don't tell me never.

I tried to get caught up on a couple of your blogs over the weekend. Since we are trying to save money for our trip, we have kind of just been hanging out at the house. Saturday was a lazy stay at home day. Jonathan did go out with one of his friends on the boat. He had a couple of things he wanted to get fixed on it. So he was gone most of the morning and part of the afternoon.

Friday Jonathan picked up the kids from daycare and I went to dinner with my friend Sam. We went to my favorite Italian restaurant. As I was eating my dinner I was just savoring the taste. It was so yummy. We even had a couple of glasses of wine with our dinner. On the house, of course. I was home by about 7:30, about the usual time Jonathan comes rolling in from work. Jonathan had fed the kids, given Chase a bath and was putting him to bed when I arrived. He said he didn't have any problems with the kids other than the usual fighting and a bit of arguing with each other. So it gave him some time alone with the kids and gave me a break.

Yesterday we went to the water park. Skyler took swimming lessons at her daycare and she must have learned quite a bit. Maybe too much. She really thinks she can swim on her own now. And don't get me wrong, she is doing very well, but she can only swim about 8 to 10 feet or so. She has no fear and will jump into the deep end willy nilly without thinking about it. Can I just say one thing... Frightening. Neither one of the kids has any fear. Chase is doing the same thing. Fortunately we still keep Chase in his lifejacket. I think one day when he jumps in without it on and realizes he sinks, he will have a problem. We had to be really careful and keep an eye on Skyler. You would turn your back to mess with Chase and Skyler would just jump right on in. Sometimes I think its better if your child has at last a "wee bit" of fear.

Here is an update on Jonathan's weight loss... So far he has lost 25 pounds. Woohoo! Way to go hubby! Me, I've lost 4. Ugh... Of course, I don't think I am motivated like Jonathan. I don't know what my problem is. I guess its kind of like him, you have to be ready, willing and desiring it before you can make it work. I really want it, but I just don't have as much motivation as he has right now. Shoot me please. But I am very proud of Jonathan. He is doing so good. I think he has hit a point where he is going to have to start exercising regularly. He lost 20 pounds like in the first two weeks. But those 5 additional pounds have been really hard to get off. I also know he is getting sick and tired of eating chicken.

I'm really excited to see how things go at his next doctor's appointment this month. I think his doctor is going to be really surprised at the weight he has lost. Hopefully this will also help his liver enzymes to come down.

I'm really looking forward to going on vacation this weekend. But you know the one thing I hate the most is packing. Packing blows. And since we really haven't taken both kids on a vacation before, this is going to be interesting. We go home all the time to visit my parents in Tennessee. But they have a lot of the baby stuff so we don't have to carry everything. They have a baby bed, high chair, stroller, etc. already at their house. So we don't have to pack very much when we go. Basically throw some of his clothes and some diapers in a bag and we are ready to go. She has sassies (pacifiers), the highchair, forks, sippy cups, etc. This time I am going to have to try and remember to bring everything. I guess its times like this that I'm thankful we have a mini van. Because trust me, I'm not thankful all the time. I swore to myself when I was a teenager I would NEVER drive a mini van. But look at me now baby.

Last night I watched a movie from Netflix. It was an older movie called Head Over Heels with Freddie Prinz, Jr. and Monica Potter. It was cute, but not one of my favorites. The bathroom scene where the models were in the shower and Jim was taking a dump on the toilet was pretty hilarious. But it definitely wasn't one of my all time favorites. I still have Fever Pitch to watch.

I tried to get Jonathan to watch it with me last night, but he didn't want to watch a movie. He watched Big Brother instead. I guess I'm glad he did, because the DVR didn't record it for some reason. I had already went online and found out who won HOH and who was nominated. So it kind of spoiled it for me. I was going to watch it, but after the movie went off and I realized it hadn't recorded it. Oh well. It was time for bed anyway.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough for one day. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Take care!

Counting Down the Days....
Monica; 9:49 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Special K said...

Yay on hubby's weight loss! That is great!
Fever Pitch is ok, predictable but I kept thinking of another movie Drew made, Never been kissed.

2:08 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

You should have a blast with the kids on your vacation, we always do. There is so much going on that they don't have time to fight.
Did you do any before pics of your hubby? So you can see there difference.
As for sons calming down, ummm Darin was around 5 when he decided that breaking things was not as fun anymore.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are getting your night off. I know how the packing goes. I hate forgetting something then either suffering or buying another one there. Hope you have a GREAT time! Free accomodations! Congrats to your hubby too!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip. Isn't it always that way? The men lose it and us, it takes forever.

Visiting from CHBM.

9:08 PM  
Blogger simah said...

have a nice vacation!!To have the grandparnts along..woah..that is a blast!!

Pls convey my congrats to jonathan..he must be feeling nice about his weight loss

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com