Pieces of Us...
Taking a Break... - Tuesday, July 11, 2006
I know, I totally blow. I think I just decided to take a small break from blogging for awhile. I'm so bad, I haven't even read any blogs. But summer is always busy for most people. The kids are out of school, there are so many things to do and see. Oh the excuses, the excuses....

Seriously though, things have been going okay. It just seems we have been so busy this summer, it is making my head spin! The good thing is I'm not real busy at work. Now that I only work in the Legal Dept. and not Events, things are pretty slow in the summer. I know, I complain because I am too busy and now I'm complaining because I'm not busy enough. Typical woman, you can never please em.

I am making a promise to try and sit down this week and get caught up on all my blogs. I miss reading them. If I were a "slacker" I'd just read them from work. But you don't want to anger the employer Gods or anything. I'm lucky that I even work at a place that has Internet access and doesn't monitor the heck out of you. I know a lot of people, including my husband, don't have that pleasure. At least I can ocassionally check my personal email and read a bit of news or something in the mornings.

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July. We went home for about 5 days to Tennessee. We took the boat with us and took it out on the lake a couple of times. Some friends of ours came down from Knoxville and went with us. We took Skyler and they have a 3 year old son. We had a great time, but everyone (except the kids) got pretty sunburned. At least I have enough common sense to put sunblock on the kids, but not myself. Other than that, we didn't really do much but sleep in and relax and play for the 4th.

I have some great news on the vacation front though. We are going to take our first official "Family Vacation" next month. We are so bad. We've taken several cruises without the kids, but never officially been on a family vacation. Little Man is just so wild and he is so young he probably doesn't know the difference anyway. But we are lucky that Jonathan has a client who has a 4 bedroom house in North Myrtle Beach and he is going to let us use it FOR FREE!!! You can't beat that can you?

Jonathan actually went down with the guy last weekend so he could show him how to turn on the electricity & water, charge up the golf cart, etc. He doesn't rent his property out, he uses it for business purposes and his family and he is very particular about how it is cleaned. He is going to give Jonathan like a 3 pages of things that needs to be cleaned and straightened before we leave. We are just so excited and appreciative that he is allowing us to use his home. Otherwise, we would never be able to afford to go to the beach. I mean have you looked at the cost of hotels at the beach here lately? Your average American family can't afford to even go. $160 a night to stay at the Days Inn. Are they crazy!

Since its such a huge house, we decided to take my parents along with us. They don't really enjoy the beach very much, but it will be nice to have the whole family together. The kids have never really been to the beach. Skyler has been a couple of times to Atlantic Beach, but it was too cold to swim. And even when we went on the cruise and were in the Bahamas back in February, it was really too cold to swim. So this will be their first real experience at the beach.

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach (other than for a day or so) since Sun Fun Week 1988. God, that really ages me doesn't it? Myrtle Beach was where all the high schoolers went when they graduated. I remember we stayed at a hotel right on the beach for $35 a night. So from $35 a night to $160 a night for a cheap motel. Somebody somewhere is sure as heck getting rich.

I was also just reading the other day that they are closing down the Myrtle Beach Pavilion to build condos! How sad is that. The Pavilion has been there for over 50 years! I remember being a young teenager and going to The Attic. It was a teen club for kids under 18. My cousin and I would go and we thought we were hot stuff! Oh the memories. Its sad to see something like that disappear.

A few weeks ago I finally got permission from my boss to go to the national meeting in New Orleans. We will have 35,000 members going to New Orleans at once. We will be the biggest group to return to New Orleans since Katrina. It should be interesting. I have been trying to talk Jonathan into going with me. All he would have to pay for would be his ticket and his food. New Orleans is such a great city. I know it will be sad to see some of the outlying areas so devestated.

Before I end for the day, I found this on Special K's blog. I thought it was pretty cool. I've pretty much been all over the U.S. thanks to a 3 week road trip I took with my dad, stepsister and stepmom back when I was younger out West. Not to mention all the small trips we have taken since then.




create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.


Well I guess I should end for now. I'm hoping to catch up on some blogs this week. Hope everyone is having a good summer.
Taking a Break...
Monica; 10:13 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to catch up with you! That vacation sounds wonderful. Hope you have a fun time--remember the sun screen this time!

3:37 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm guessing all the red is places you have been.
wow.. my map would almost be all grey especially in the west..i usually travel south and east.

Your finally having a family vacation and i don't know a vacation without the kids with us. lol
Sounds like alot of fun and i hope you enjoy yourselves. If you ever find yourself in Michigan, i hope that we can get together.

take care monica

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com