Pieces of Us...
Pump It Up Baby! - Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I am really missing the Little Man right now. As I mentioned before, he is spending the week with Mamaw & Papaw. As a matter of a fact, they should be leaving for their camping trip about right now. I hope he isn't a mean little booger while they are camping.

When I talked to mom last night she said he had been awesome. Its like night and day when he and Skyler aren't together. I think siblings must just bring out the worst in each other or something.

We went home over the weekend to drop Chase off at my parents' house. Jonathan and I went out to dinner alone Friday evening. Its always nice when we go home to go out for a bit by ourselves. Its a treat we don't really get to do much of while we are at home. We have friends that would babysit, but sometimes it seems its more trouble than its worth.

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but Jonathan has decided to go on a diet. We both need to diet and I have been trying right along with him, but I haven't had the success he has had so far. We have both stopped drinking sodas all together and we are only drinking water. We have cut out all junk food and sugar and major carbs. Jonathan has been eating lots of grilled chicken and vegetables and snacking frequently on fruits. We started this last Monday and as of yesterday (one week), Jonathan had lost 16 pounds in one week! Me, I've only lost 4 pounds. But I knew Jonathan would lost weight much faster than me anyway.

Please wish us luck. The weight loss is going to help Jonathan's health tremendously. I can tell he is really excited and he is going at it with 100% commitment. Me, I don't have the willpower that Jonathan has. I think I like my food too much. But I am at least going to give it a try.

I had plans of doing some things around the house while Little Man was gone. It seems I can never get anything accomplished with him the house. He is Mr. Destroyer. He pulls out every toy in the house and the house always looks like a cyclone ran through it. When its just Skyler, the house stays clean and neat. She picks up her own toys, puts her dirty clothes away, helps me pick up, etc. I had plans of cleaning out my nasty closet; of getting some of the kids' old clothes together and taking them to the consignment. I had lots of plans. But you know how that goes... Plans just get kicked to the curb sometimes.

Instead I decided that Skyler and I would have a fun filled week of doing new stuff. So our agenda for yesterday was going to a place called Pump it Up. I'd heard about it before. I knew it was a place to holds kids' birthday parties and what not. But they also have open "bounce days." I have just one thing to say about Pump It Up. It was awesome! Skyler and I both had a blast. Its this huge building with a bunch of those blow up bouncy castles, slides, obstacle courses, fighting rings, etc. Skyler had herself a time. I even got involved and slid down the slide a few times, bounced in the HUGE bouncy castle a bit and even bravely did the obstacle course one time. I hate I didn't take my camera.

It was a two hour session. Skyler and I were the first ones in the building at exactly 5:30 when the session began. You had to watch this safety video on things you can and cannot do in the arena and then we were off. We stayed almost the entire time. With about 15 minutes in the session to go, I see Skyler coming down the slide with blood pouring out of her knee and crying like a banshee. I jump up and run over to her and ask her what happened. Now only my child could do this, but she hit her knee on her tooth. Yes her knee on her tooth. Don't ask me how, but that's what happened.

So I took Skyler out to the front of the building and we asked for some band-aids. I then took her in the bathroom and get her cleaned and bandaged up and away she went. No complaining about the knee injury or anything while it was play time. But afterwards when we left, the complaining commenced.

"Oh mommy my knee is killing me. I can't stand it mommy, it hurts sooooo bad!" Sniff, sniff, cry, cry.....

Oh the agony and angst of a four year old girl with a boo-boo. No sir, it didn't bother her a bit while it was play time but when its time to sit down and have a nice dinner, thats when the pain begins. So I politely told her if it hurt that badly then I guess she wouldn't be able to do swimming lessons with her daycare the next day. That shut her up real fast. She was still cranky and what not, but the uncontrollable whining at least ended for a bit.

So today we are going to go to a similar place like Pump It Up. Its a new place that just opened and I don't know anyone that has been there. Its called BounceU. So we will compare the two and see which one is best. I think Little Man will have a blast at one of these places. The only bad thing is when they have "open bounce" they mix the itty bitty kids with the big kids. They have special times and days set aside for preschoolers, but guess what? Of course its on stay at home mommy time. A week day in the morning.

Do companies not realize that working mothers have preschoolers to? Hello people! Not everyone has the pleasure of staying home full time with their child. That was always the problem in trying to find a mother's group. There are no mommy groups that meet in the evenings. Very far and few between anyway. I was finally lucky enough to find a MOPS meeting that met in the evenings very close to where I live. I LOVE it. I wish there were more things like that for working moms.

Anyway, so I have rambled on long enough. Hope everyone is doing well. Its almost hump day! The weekend is just around the corner. Yippee!
Pump It Up Baby!
Monica; 11:09 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Special K said...

I wish you and Jonathan the best of luck! I know it is hard but very rewarding both physically and mentally! (for me anyway..lol) I am doing it for health too and today realized I am under the 190 lb mark, a milestone for me!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Monica,
Good luck on the diet.. dont worry woman always win so you will definitely lose more weight them him! LOL..
Thanks for the tip on the video! It worked. As for the multiple pics just make sure you aren't clikced ont he one picture when you upload another (if that makes sense, hey I am a real estate agent, not a comptuer techie!) LOL..
Take care and hope things are well!

3:20 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I wish you and jonathan the best of luck on your diets..any weight loss is tremendous, so don't get discouraged. I can start a diet..but because i have so much to lose i get bored and quit..hopefully one day i can get it right.

I wish we had kid things like that in Michigan. We did have one place called discovery zone that was totally awesome..but alas...that's gone...
take care

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com