Pieces of Us...
The Puke Parade - Thursday, July 13, 2006

Oh yesterday was a doozy. I'm lucky (knock on wood), I've never had a cavity, root canal, etc. My teeth are still 100% mine. No fillings, etc. Anyway, now that I'm getting older, my teeth like the rest of my family's have started to spread a bit. Once upon a time my front teeth were perfectly shaped with no space between them. But now I have a slight space between them and another tooth is starting to creep behind my front tooth. So after a recent visit to the doctor, I asked about getting a retainer or something I could sleep in to keep my teeth from spreading any further.

So yesterday was my appointment to go back to the dentist to be fitted for my retainer. Now mind you, I am a gagger. And when I say gagger I mean GAGGER. I cannot stand anything in my mouth. It takes forever to get my x-rays because I keep gagging. I know the old rule, "Keep breathing through your nose." But for me, it just doesn't work.

So when I went in for my appointment I warned the technician,

"This is my first time ever having anything done to my teeth. And I want to warn you, I'm a really bad gagger."

She said, "No problem, I'm sure you'll be fine."

I'm like, "No seriously, I have some really bad gag reflexes."

So she shoves this huge piece of metal into mouth and says, "Yes, that should fit." I'm like on no it doesn't! It was huge. Then she commences to applying this nasty paste onto the metal thingy. And then she places it in my mouth and tells me to bite down hard. Oh the agony! That was the nastiest thing I have ever tasted in my life. So I do really good for about 15 seconds and then the gagging begins. Meanwhile I am gagging and the lady has a death grip on my mouth. She will not let me open my mouth for the life of me. I'm humming and hawing and gagging and trying to get her to take it out of my mouth. But she says, "Trust me, you won't want to do this again. It will be over in about 30 seconds." But I can't hack it. Unfortunately, I had a late lunch of vegetable soup and it is not wanting to stay down.

So after a few more seconds and chickie is still not letting me open my mouth, my lunch came up. Yuck! And what does the technician do? Does she release my mouth so I can spew my lunch all over her? Oh heck no! She still keeps my mouth closed in her death-like vice grip! Luckily it was only a teaspoon full and not a full spewing load or anything. But oh the embarrassment.

Chase has been doing the weirdest thing here lately. For some reason Mr. Muscleman thinks its fun to move the couch and play behind it. How many 2 year olds do you know who can move the couch 2 1/2 feet out from the wall? It is driving me absolutely bonkers. He will even try and move the couch with me sitting on it. His cars keep on rolling under the couch and instead of laying down on the floor and trying to reach under the couch, he just pushes the couch out to reach his cars. He is so funny.

Last night was a bad night for Chase. For some reason he woke up at about 12:30 a.m. and thought it was time to get up. He kept hollering at me, "Momma lets go bye-bye!" My son is a go go go boy, just like my daughter is. I went in there 3 times and told him to lay back down, that it was still dark outside and it wasn't time to get up. I have no idea what his problem was. He has been so good about going to bed and sleeping through the night. I really hope he isn't changing his sleeping habits. Skyler was really good about going to bed and sleeping until she hit about 3 years old. After that it was like 1 1/2 years of pure hell. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it was just a one time deal and not going to be a habit.

Tomorrow we are going back to Tennessee to pick up the boat and drop Chase off at my parents' house. They are taking Chase camping with them to Pigeon Forge for a week. I kind of feel bad because they aren't taking Skyler. I know she is going to be upset that we are leaving her "Bubbie" behind. If she knew they were going camping, she would absolutely have a hissy fit. But she has been camping with them several times before and they really can't handle both of them at the same time while they are camping. So she isn't going this time. I promised her we would do lots of girl things like shopping, going to the water park, going to the movies, etc. She seemed to be satisfied with that for now. But I don't know what she will say when it comes Sunday and we are pulling out of the driveway without Bubbie. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Last weekend Jonathan went down to Myrtle Beach with the guy who is going to let us use his beach house. So by the time he came back on Sunday I was ready for a break to get away for the kids for a few moments. So my friend Sam and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest. It was really a great movie, but the ending sucked. It definitely was a "To Be Continued" kind of movie. So much so that it actually kind of ticked me off. The special effects in the movie were mind boggling and the characters were awesome. But it definitely isn't a movie to take the little ones to see. Some of those characters even freaked me out. Skyler wanted to see the movie, but I know she would have nightmares for weeks if she saw it. So no pirates for Punk.

It was great just to get out of the house for awhile. Jonathan bathed and fed the kids that night so Sam and I could go out to dinner and the movies. Its nice to get out and have an adult night out without the kiddies every once in awhile.

Well I guess I should end for now and get a few things done around the house. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
The Puke Parade
Monica; 12:39 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Hopefully you did not have to do the whole procedure over again.
At least you warned her.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com