Pieces of Us...
BounceU, BounceMe, Bounce Everybody! - Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tuesday after work Skyler and I decided to try out the new
BounceU. Its just like Pump It Up, except they have a few more inflatables. The place was PACKED! I'm talking wall-to-wall kids and parents.

The funny thing about this place was the parents were playing almost as much as the kids. They had the tug-o-war where you hook this harness around you and another person and each of you are pulling in opposite directions to try and put a ball in a goal. They had the monster boxing (see side picture).

Skyler decided she would try the boxing. Now mind you, the child has never learned how to punch. No surprise there since she is only 4. But she really wanted to try it. She got in the ring with another little girl who was a bit older than her. That little girl was punching right and left. Skyler took it all in stride, and even went another round with another little girl later.

BounceU was a lot of fun and even though they actually had more things to do there, I still think I enjoyed Pump It Up better. The rooms were much larger at PIU and they played music. Really good music for the kids. It wasn't half as crowded and the place even smelled better. BounceU is only open one evening a week for open bounce, so the crowd was horrendous. And the parents were horrible. So many parents were like practically pushing little kids out of the way to get to the top of a slide. It was pretty bad. You wonder about people sometimes.

So after I spoke with my brother the other night, he decided he wanted to go to Pump It Up. So here we are going again tonight so my 24 year old brother can go play to! Three nights this week at a bounce place has been too much

We are so lucky we have so many fun things for kids to do here. I try and think of fun things for the kids and I to do at least a couple of times a week. I'm a working mother, so sometimes I feel guilty I don't spend enough time with my kids. I'm sure most working moms feel like that at some point or another

Yesterday morning I told Skyler we were staying home for an evening. She was okay with that. We all need to rest and relax sometimes. So I picked her up from daycare and noticed that she had her name on the board for misbehaving. After speaking with the teacher, she informed me that out of the 17 kids in Skyler's class, only 4 didn't get their name put on the board for that day. So evidently it was a bad day all the way around.

So I asked the teacher what had happened and she explained that Skyler and another little girl had been arguing and yelling at each other. So I made Skyler apologize to the teacher and the other little girl. Skyler started to get upset and kept on saying, "Your going to be so made at me." I explained to her that I wasn't angry with her, I was just disappointed. I also made her call her daddy and tell her what had happened. Well when I said that all he-- broke loose. She commenced to crying and whimpering and snot was flying. She was saying, "I'm a bad girl. I'm a baby!!!". I'm thinking, "Where the he-- is this coming from?"

She went on her little tyrade for almost an entire hour! No amount of talking, coaxing or anything would get her to calm down. Finally I started losing it. We got home and I ended up yelling at her. Then I took away her television privileges for the night. I don't know what her problem was. It was the first time she has had a temper tantrum like that in quite some time. But it was a doozy.


Little Man seems to be doing pretty well camping with my parents. I called a couple of times each day to check on him. The only problem they seem to be is the mosquitos are eating him alive. He has my skin and for some reason bugs just think we taste delicious. She said his little legs are covered in bug bites. She is afraid to let him go outside and play because he has so many. Poor little guy, I know he will drive them insane if they keep him cooped up in the camper. He doesn't like to stay at home, much less be cooped up in a small space. He is just like his sister, the first thing he says in the morning when he opens his eyes is, "Bye-bye!"

Well I guess I should end for now. I was trying to post a short video of Skyler at BounceU, but for some reason Youtube is not cooperating! Dang it. I think it is getting as bad as myspace. Geeze. Anyway, the weekend is almost upon us. Hope every is having a great week!

BounceU, BounceMe, Bounce Everybody!
Monica; 11:14 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Sounds like you had so much fun at these bouncy places.
Maybe skyler was overtired?
Amber throws those kind of fits every blue moon...i have to send her to her room and just let her cry it out...eventually she gets calm enough to come back out..
Poor chase sounds like he needs to bathe in off spray to keep the bugs off of him.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

That place looks like it rocks! Sounds like Skyler was just overtired poor baby.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is so funny. It reminds me of those sumo costumes that people get in to "wrestle" each other. Wild to find out what people in the states are doing now. I guess they have to come up with more creative things to make money.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com