Pieces of Us...
Another Week Gone By.... - Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fellow blogger Jess suggested that I blog. So Jess, here you go.

I really don't have a whole lot to talk about. Of course the other day I said the same thing to Caroline. She hadn't blogged in quite a few weeks and I missed reading her posts. So she finally blogged and said she didn't have anything to talk about. Seven or eight paragraphs later I think she realized she had more to talk about than she thought. He he he I think I left her a comment that was probably longer than her post!

Anyway, so not much going on this way. Just lots of stress at home. You know what most everyone's problem is nowadays... Money. Daycare is absolutely killing us. And fellow blogger Jane says she hates to hear blogging mommies go on about money, so I'll just keep my mouth mum on the situation for now. I think we all have financial problems at one time or another. Jonathan and I have been through this before. We do really well, then something comes up and things go bad.

I will say one thing though, we are really lucky that Jonathan's client is letting us use his beach house for free, or there would be no vacation for us this summer. I called my parents today and told them that we would have to eat 99% of our meals at the house. We wouldn't be able to go out to dinner every night with them. So I guess we will have to pack lots of groceries! I'll also need to research some "economical" things for us to do while we are at the beach. Does anyone have any ideas on things to do "for free" at Myrtle Beach? Ha, thats a laugh isn't it? I'm sure we'll come up with some things. The beach is free at least and we will be spending lots of time there. But my mother can't really stay out in the sun very much, so I was hoping we could find some other things to maybe do in the evening or even a few things indoor.

We have decided to sell our boat and pay off both of our cars. We don't owe very much on either of them. But the two car payments together are $600 a month. So if we sold the boat, then that would be $600 a month off of our monthly budget. What a relief. I just hope and pray my van lasts us a few more years. Doesn't the old saying go, as soon as you pay something off, something goes wrong with it. I certainly hope not. Its a Honda and they are usually pretty reliable.

Ok, I just said I wasn't going to talk about money, so moving on. We had some passes to go to BounceU the other day, so we decided to take Chase. Jonathan had never been, so he was pretty surprised at how much fun it was. I think we got more exercise that night than we have had in the last 6 months. Chase was fearless. My only regret is I didn't take the camera. I used to keep the camera in the car and would have it ready for just such occasions. But I took it in a few months ago and keep forgetting to put it back out in the car.

I took Chase up the first large slide and slid down with him. He had never done anything like that before. Jonathan said I should have seen his face as he was coming down the slide. Another regret at not having the camera. The only problem is he isn't big enough to climb up the rope ladders and stuff to get to the top of the slide. And I could barely climb up it myself while holding onto him. He had so much fun. When we got home that night he was exhausted.

Skyler and I didn't do much of anything last weekend. Jonathan left on Friday to visit his buddy in Asheville. Then Saturday morning he got up to go to TN to pick up Chase. He spent Saturday afternoon at his grandmother's house helping her do some things around the house. Then Sunday he got up and went to my parents' house to pick Little Man up.

Skyler and I hung around the house most of the weekend. After three nights at Pump It Up and BounceU, I was pretty much exhausted. Things are so much quieter around the house when you only have one child. Skyler can pretty much take care of herself. She watches cartoons, plays with her Barbies or colors and draws. We played games, colored and just hung out. Its so much more peaceful when there is just one in the house.

As soon as Chase got home Sunday evening, things turned chaotic in the house. At least there wasn't any arguments between them that first evening. They were so excited to see each other. Lots of hugging and saying they missed each other. But come Monday afternoon....the fights begun. Does it ever get any better between siblings? I certainly hope so. My brother and I didn't fight and argue like that. Of course, there 11 years difference between us so I was pretty much a built in babysitter.

Lets see what else is going on.... The other night I watched Failure to Launch with Sarah Jessica Parker and Mathew McConaughey. It was pretty good. Not one of my favorite movies or anything. Then last night we watched She's the Man with Amanda Bynes. Now that movie was cute. Skyler started watching it with us and we ended up letting her stay up past her bedtime to finish watching it. She and I sat and snuggled on the recliner watching it. It was quite cute and funny.

We have absolutely no plans for this weekend. We are having to cut back on our spending and be thrifty. Medical bills have completely wiped us out. The good thing is we have water park season passes, so we can go to the water park. Its lots of fun and the kids really enjoy it. Can you believe summer is almost over with? Geeze it has like flown by this year.

I can't belive Skyler will be starting kindergarten next year. When they say your kids grow up right before your eyes, they aren't kidding.

Since this post is already pretty long, I'll get more into that over the weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Another Week Gone By....
Monica; 1:55 PM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this sounds lame, but how about sitting around talking or playing cards or board games? It's really about the relationship, not the entertainment. It will save a lot of money!

7:06 PM  
Blogger simah said...

hope u'll yave fun at the beach...!! money..yeah..i know what u mean...a constant worry cause isnt it? have a great weekend!

2:42 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I don't know anyone that can say that they aren't worried about money. I'm so stressed that my neck is sooo sore that i can barely turn it. I will be posting later about our trip to king's island.. take care monica i hope you have lots of fun on your vacation.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com