Pieces of Us...
We are the Movie Queens - Wednesday, May 17, 2006
On Monday one of the girls I work with gave me two free movie passes to see a "sneak preview" of Over the Hedge. I have one thing to say about this new kid's movie by DreamWorks... AWESOME!!! It was so funny, the animation was unbelievable. It was an absolute joy. Loved it. If you have kids, you must take them to see it.

They also showed a preview of this other movie that will be coming out in November called Flushed Away. It is also made by DreamWorks and it looked really cute. Skyler is already talking about going to see it. It's hard to explain to a 4 year old that something isn't going to happen for like 6 months.

Skyler and I go to practically every kids movie that comes out. It's our "girl's night out" together. Now that Chase is getting older, I need to start doing something alone with him. I want us to do things as a family, but I also want to be able to spend alone time with both of my children. I think that's important that each of them have my undivided attention for a bit each week. I know if you had 3 or 4 kids, something like that might be impossible, but with 2, I think I can still swing it.

When I was growing up and my mother remarried. I almost never had alone time with my mom. Everything we did, my stepdad was always there. I think it hurt me in a lot of ways that I never got to spend much time alone with my mother. I don't really blame my mom or my stepdad. My stepdad was just of the belief that you should do everything together as a family. But daughters need time alone with their mothers sometimes. Especially to talk about personal things, ask advice, etc. I'm definately not going to make that mistake with Skyler. I want her to know she can talk to me about anything and that I will always take time for her.

So Chase has started a very BAD habit. A couple of weekends ago we were downstairs playing in the living room and I smelled poop. So I told Chase I would be back in a moment with a fresh diapie. I ran into the kitchen, grabbed a diaper and some wipes and went back in to change him. In the 45 seconds that I had been away, Chase had pulled off his diaper and was smeering poop on the floor! Yuck! I gagged and freaked. I finally got him all cleaned up and tried to tell him that was not nice, etc. So I thought it was a one time thing.

So yesterday I went to pick up Chase from the babysitter's and when I walked in she had this pissed off look on her face and she was beside herself. She said that Chase had woken up from his nap and took his diaper off and smeared poop all over the bed. He had it in his hair, in his ears, everywhere! And she said he did it twice that day. Both times he took a nap! Me thinks this might be a sign that it's time for Little Man to start using a regular potty! Skyler never did anything like that. I guess it's just another one of those "Boy Things" huh? Ugh.

Jonathan didn't get home from work last night until after 10:00 p.m. He is having some major stress from his job. The General Manager has to have surgery and will be out for about 6 to 8 weeks. So Jonathan is acting GM. No problem, he can handle that. But then the District Manager shows up. Ok, he can handle that. But then yesterday auditors showed up! Talk about stress. He is not a happy camper right now. When it rains, it pours I guess.

I'm lucky myself this week. About 70% of my co-workers are off for mid-year meetings in DC. So the office is pretty quiet. Us girls left behind made an executive decision that it was dress down the rest of the week. So I'm in jeans, a t-shirt and my Rainbows today. Wish I could dress like this every day. How cool would that be. I can't complain, we are allowed to wear jeans on Fridays.

No big plans so far for this weekend. I'm sure Jonathan will be working quite a few hours. I hope it's nice that we can go outside and do something. I have tons and tons of clothes to wash. I should wash a load each night instead of keeping everything until the weekend. Then I have like 12 loads of laundry. I still wash the kids' clothes seperate from our's. But I wonder if I should just start washing everyone's together now. I liked to wash them seperately when they were babies, but I guess they are big enough now that it really doesn't matter.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough for one day. I need to actually get some work done. I'm outta here.
We are the Movie Queens
Monica; 12:25 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger simah said...

i agree with u..it is important to spend some personal time with each of ur kids... something i am afraid i have not been able to do much..Luckily the kids dont mind it much...

ur kids r lucky that they have a mom who tries to learn the parenting mistake of her mom so that it wont be repeated in her own children.....

11:52 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I can't wait to see over the hedge and i also want to see the animated car movie that i saw a preview before....the name escapes me at the moment tho.

I do sit down with my kids on a one on one basis and try to start some kind of conversation with them. I think my kids know that i will always be there for them.

Monica thanks for your kind comments on my blog they are much appreciated...Frank started working for a construction company as a laborer. He was more into the destruction and clean up, part of the job.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com