Pieces of Us...
Quick Post - Friday, May 26, 2006
This will probably be a quick post. Today the kids and I are leaving to go home to Tennessee to visit with my parents. I can't believe it's Memorial Day Weekend already. Where the heck has this year gone? Skyler gets out of school next week. The kids back home where my parents live got out around the middle of May. I'm not sure why our schools go so much longer. They didn't miss any days for snow this year either. Oh well. I guess it's just a shorter time that I have to pay for daycare.

I don't know how we are going to stretch our budget to pay for the extra full time daycare through the summer. I am paying out over $800 a month in daycare right now. Now that may not sound like much to those people who live somewhere like CA or NY, but it's a real hardship on our budget. Not to mention Chase's babysitter just asked for a $20 per week raise. Not saying she didn't deserve it. We were still paying her the same amount that we have paid for the last 5 years when she kept Skyler. But when you add an additional $20 per week, that adds up.

So anyway, just wanted to shot off an entry before we left. We'll be back on Tuesday. I might take my laptop from work so I can do some work and maybe put up an entry while we are gone. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend. Take care!
Quick Post
Monica; 11:19 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm glad i am thru with babysitters Frank works days and i work nights...it works out well.
You know you pay 100 dollars more on daycare than i make on a house payment! You would have to put a gun to my head about bills that way!

Hope you have a great time with your mom and dad. Have a good memorial weekend.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daycare is something that just make the checkbook balance go down, down, down.

I'm thankful that now my boys are old enough to be home for a short time themselves and that I usually make my school schedule around their schedules.

I dread that day that I have to pay for daycare again.

12:05 AM  
Blogger simah said...

safe joırney..cant wait 4 ur next entry..

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time. It is strange in that daycare seems so expensive in a way but when I was watching someone elses child I figured it was about $2/hour--which teens get more than that when they babysit! I always agonized over the cost of daycare when I had to put Jenna in.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com