Pieces of Us...
Long Weekend Coming.... - Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I haven't had a chance to post in a couple of days. Sunday was really busy because we took the kids to have their picture taken at Portrait Innovations. If you have never used them before, I highly recommend them. They took 65 poses of the kids. Of course we only purchased a couple of the poses, but they provided us with a CD of all the poses. I loaded a bunch of them on my flickr account. So if you would like to see them, click on their picture on the right and it will take you directly to the photos. Some of them are so cute. They had a really good time posing. They are such hams.

For those of you who have been asking about how I post the videos. It's so simple. The website is: www.youtube.com You just make yourself an account and upload your video. The account is free. Once you have uploaded your video, it will take you to a page that already has the code for you. It gives you a choice of a URL and also a code to embed the video into your blog, an email, etc. Its so simple. I have a digital camera that takes video, so I just have to upload my videos. I'm not taking them from a camcorder or anything. So simple even a child can do it. So I encourage you guys to upload some of your own videos. I used to use another program called DropShots, but the You Tube is easier and it allows you to store more. So now you know. :-)


So Saturday night I took my hubby's suggestion and went out with my friend Sam. Two nights in a row away from the kids. Woo-Hoo! We decided to do the usual, dinner and a movie. We are such boring girls. We decided to see the DaVinci Code. Now I haven't read the book or anything, so I was a little unsure about it. I mean I have seen all the articles in the news about the book, but I just don't have much time to read anymore. My friend Sam had read the book. So I was a little concerned since I hadn't read the book that I may not get the movie. But we decided to see it anyway. The first movie we were going to see was sold out. So we went to see a later one. I have just one thing to say about the movie. It was great! I know it's fiction and all, but it really made you think.

Yesterday was a really busy day at work. I had a committee meeting all day. It basically takes me an hour and a half to get ready for the meeting. I have to make the coffee, put up all the equipment (two computers, LCD, screen, AV cart, etc.). Prepare the room, put out the name tents for the committee members, etc. Then after a 5 hour meeting I have to clean up their mess. Fun.

It's been about a year since I first took on this new role as staff liaison for some of the committees. When I first started doing it, it totally freaked me out. I would lay in bed at night just fretting over the meetings. It has taken me a good year to learn how to do things. I am just now finally getting used to it. It's hard to take minutes and be staff liaison for something you don't totally understand yourself. But I'm finally getting the hang of it. Thank God.

This weekend the kids and I are going home to Tennessee to visit with my parents. Jonathan is staying behind because he is acting GM and he is letting his shop manager go away for vacation. So he is going to be pretty busy. Not to mention that he is going to be cleaning out the entire garage by himself. I told him I didn't care if his building (at work) was burning to the ground, he better make the time to get that garage cleaned out! I'm normally not so bossy, but I have been asking him to help m clean it out for two years and his excuse is always, "We can't do it with the kids here." So when he was trying to get out of going to Tennessee with us for Memorial Day, I threw in the cleaning out the garage as his chore to do while we are gone. I'm so mean.

Well I guess I better end for now and actually get some work done around here. Last night I downloaded the latest version of Diner Dash 2 and I got hooked on it after the kids went to bed. Like I should be doing lots of other things besides playing a computer game. But hey, we all need to do something a little enjoyable every once in awhile. I love that game. It's so simple and easy. That's the way I like my games. But anyway, hope everyone is having a good week. I got caught up on most of your journals this morning. Talk to ya soon! I'm outta here....



Long Weekend Coming....
Monica; 8:26 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Kaklong Syikin said...

Hi, I'm syikin. A Malaysian. I blog hopped from simah's blog.:)

i agree with jess that yr kids are adorable n healthy. Luckly u have a daughter n a boy :).

11:08 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

ditto with the adorable kids!

I have to pitch a bitch with my hubby when i really want something done...usually gets worse the closer i am to "you know"

I get tired of doing everything or making sure that everything is getting done.

1:10 AM  
Blogger simah said...

woahhhhh.. bossy lady *chuckles*..do u nag as well? ı do..

ur hubby sounds like a typical man.. the more u want him to do something..the more he will postpone it...(mine too)

has it got to do with men n ego?

2:39 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Well I quickly clicked your photography link and lo and behold every state around me (sans MS) has one but our state..SIGH..maybe soon! Those are great pics!

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture of the kids is gorgeous! Wish we could use them, but I am sure they aren't here in Germany! Thanks for the explaination for the videos. I will see about that soon. HOpe you enjoyed your down time!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com