Pieces of Us...
Long Time No Hear From Me....... - Thursday, May 04, 2006
Oh God, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I know everyone probably figured me off for good. Things have been so busy that I just kind of had to put the blog on the back burner for awhile. Work and the kids became so chaotic that I seriously considered going to the doctor to get some kind of anxiety medication or something. Work was just unbearable... The good news is, they finally saw that I was about to crack and have changed my job back to my original one. I was working for two departments and now I'm back to only one. So I am so relieved and thankful for that.
I wouldn't even know where to begin to catch up on what has been going on in my life these past few months. I haven't read any of the journals I normally read. But now that things are beginning to calm down, I really hope I can get back into the swing of things. This journal/blog or whatever you want to call it was a great release for me. So I think it kind of blows that I haven't had the time to actually even do something I enjoy.

Anyway, moving on.... Remember a few months ago when I was talking about possibly applying for Skyler to go to the school for the performing arts? Well we did apply and she was accepted!!! We are so excited. I took Skyler by the school last week to register her and we asked if we could walk around. Skyler absolutely loved the school. We also met her drama teacher and I have just one thing to say about him... He is HOT!! He is awfully young, but what a cutie! He took Skyler around and showed her the music room, dance studio, drama studio, etc. Skyler is beside herself with excitement. I just hope that we aren't making a mistake by not sending her to regular public school. I think she is really going to love this school, but I worry about her transitioning back to normal school when she hits middle school. I guess we all worry about the decisions we make for our children. That's part of life.

Skyler was a flower girl in a relative's wedding a few weeks ago. I'll put some pics up here in a few days. She absolutely loved it. Of course she thought she was hot stuff. I think she was trying to outdo the bride! I was really proud of her, she did an excellent job, even if she did sit down on the steps for a moment while they were having the ceremony. One look from me and she jumped right back up though. I guess she was getting tired of standing up there for so long.

They played Adam Sandler's song "I Wanna Grow Old With You" after they had said their vows. I thought that was pretty funny. It was a very non-traditional wedding. There was no cake, but a Krispy Kreme doughnut tree instead. To each is their own. I thought it was quite funny.

Ok, so I have ran out of things to talk about today. Have some things to finish up, but hopefully I'll be back soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed anyway.

Long Time No Hear From Me.......
Monica; 11:55 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Monica,
Thanks for the comments.. Honestly there are days when I am not even sure how I do it. Part of it is a tremendously supportive husband and family, that always helps! I havent had a chance to catch up on your blog in forever, but I promise to get to it soon. Hope all is well with you and yours.. congrats on Skylar getting into the performing arts school, I wish they had things like that in this area!

12:58 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Welcome back! I have been waiting very patiently. Glad your back in the game. I know its been really hard to update the ole blog. But i try.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com