Pieces of Us...
Drama - Saturday, May 13, 2006
This has been an awful week. I had some major drama at work. I won't even bother to go into too much detail because, hey, this thing isn't password protected. We'll just put it this way, I now know that my 7 years of hard work, loyalty and busting my ass means absolutely nothing. You ask for one little thing that is perfectly plausible and you get shot down. It's either live with it and move on, or find another job. Oh well.

After this "thing" happened at work, I couldn't sleep for two nights. It's not even that major of a deal. It was just the point. I asked for something simple and I was told, "It's not going to happen. Get over it." And I was dismissed. Makes me feel like a valuable employee. Not.

Anyway, moving on. Not much else going on this week. The kids are good. A little drama at the house this week with Jonathan over him going to the race in SC. He ended up not going. I didn't ask him not to go, but he just springs things on you at the last minute. He had mentioned going last weekend and then I kept asking him if he was going and he kept saying, "Probably not." And then on Friday he says he wants go to again. Geeze! He was going to be gone the whole weekend and I had asked him all week about it. Can't men ever make up their minds until the last minute?

Not to mention it's Mother's Day weekend. Of course that doesn't mean anything around here. The first year after Skyler was born I was all excited thinking I was going to get a present or maybe a card or something for Mother's Day. And when I didn't, I asked Jonathan about it and he said, "Why would I get you a card? Your not MY momma." Yeah the love and appreciation that goes on at my house. I got Jonathan a Father's Day card and a present the first couple of years, but when he never bothered to get me anything from Skyler, I just kind of stopped. We don't exchange birthday presents, anniversary presents or even Christmas presents most of the time. A few times he has bought me a Christmas present or two. But not often. I got him a few things this year, but not one single present from him. His excuse is, "You handle the finances, so you can go buy yourself anything you want whenever you want to." It's just the point I guess. Kind of like the job, accept it and move on....

Does it ever seem as you get older you have less and less to look forward to. I mean there is the occasional vacation and a month or so before it happens I get really excited about going. But I just don't have much of anything to look forward to or feel excited about. I remember when I was younger when I would live for the weekend. It would be like Wednesday and you would start getting so excited because it was almost the weekend when you could go out, sleep late and hang out with your friends. Or when you were looking forward to summer vacation. Two and a half months of no school, just sleeping in and doing whatever you wanted. Too bad when you are a grownup and in the real world, we don't get to take a 2 1/2 month vacation.

Last night we went to eat at this Asian restaurant that was a total knock-off of PF Chang's. I mean the decorating, the menu, the food, even the booths were exactly like PF Chang's. The only problem was, the food wasn't like PF Chang's. Wasn't even close. We've always had to drive to The Streets at Southpoint or to Raleigh to eat at a PF Chang's. But now we are getting one here. Woohoo! It won't open up until next month. But I am soooo excited. I love me some PF Chang's!

What was so surprising is we couldn't figure out what Skyler and Chase were going to eat. Neither one of them really likes rice all that much. We eat at those Japanese steakhouses all the time, but they really just like the shrimp and chicken. So I ordered them a child's portion of chicken lo mein. They absolutely loved it. Chase chowed it down like it was his last meal or something.

One of the problems I have with Chase is you can't sit anything in front of him when your at a table. Whether it be a glass, plate, napkin, straw, menu, etc. if you set it in front of him he swipes it off into the floor. It drives me absolutely batty! For this reason I have to put his food directly on the table. I know, I'm a bad mom, think of all the germs and what not there. But hey, if I put his food on a plate, he swipes the plate in the floor! No matter how much I talk to him or scold him, he still does it. When we eat at home I just have to put his food directly on the highchair tray. He does the same thing at home. It's pretty funny when we go out to eat because we have to clear everything out of the way in front of Chase and then cram everything close to us.

My question to you mothers is, is this something he is going to grow out of? Hopefully it won't be when he is like 5 or something. It is driving me absolutely batty! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to stop? If so, please let me know.

Another thing I have noticed about boys are they are soooo destructive. Boys don't play with their toys, they destroy them. I mean he doesn't really tear much up, but he just throws everything. Our house was never trashed with toys when Skyler was a baby. Now you can't even walk in our house. And it doesn't do you any good to pick them up. Not until he has gone to bed at night anyway. Because you can pick them up and he just throws them right back out. We have started to make him put his own toys away now. We kind of make a game out of it by singing, "Toys away, toys away, it's time to put your toys away." We also make Skyler help us, but she whines and moans and says, "But Mom! I didn't make this mess, why do I have to help pick them up. Bubbie did it!" She's right, but it won't kill her to help pick up to.

Skyler got up at 6:45 a.m. Ugh. Chase slept in until 8:10! It sure would be nice if they would both sleep in at the same time one day. I don't really mind getting up early because Jonathan lets me sleep in on Sundays and he sleeps in on Saturdays. He got up about 9:15 this morning.

So as you know, I totally can't cook. But for few months now I have been trying to learn how to make gravy. Skyler absolutely loves biscuits and gravy. Each time I try it doesn't really turn out very well. It's okay, but not like what my stepdad makes. It's either too white, too runny, lumpy or something. So I've been making it like 2 or 3 times a month and each time it improved a bit and I got closer and closer to it turning out. Well today it finally turned out! It was brown, it wasn't lumpy and it was great! Skyler ate 3 biscuits and gravy! Woohoo! Now we'll just have to wait and see if it was a one time fluke or if I have finally figured it out. I mean how hard is it to put grease, flower and milk together anyway?

Well I guess I have rambled on enough for one day. I have a lot of things I need to get started on. Little Man has gone down for a morning nap. Oh yeah, I have one more question. Can someone please tell me how to keep the damn birds off of the kids' swingset? Jonathan hoses the bird crap off and by the next day it's covered again and I mean covered! It is driving me absolutely insane. They can't even enjoy their swingset! Geeze! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Drama
Monica; 10:50 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Seems like we have the same complaints in the men department.

The stuff our parents did when we were young does not seem to work on the kids of today.
So you try to come up with your own ways of doing things, you either hit a home run with it or strike out.

Happy Mothers Day tho.

I hope that things work out with your job.

11:20 PM  
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog! I was wondering how you might have happened by, then when I got over here, I see Caroline, who is one of my most long time and faithful readers. A good introduction, heh heh...

Ah, Men. I am one who goes and buys myself a little something, then comes home and shows it to my guy, usually saying "Look what You got me for my birthday!"
I just got a pair of 10k gold earrings to wear at my HCC graduation ;)

When I appreciate my guy most is when he is up on the roof cleaning the crud from the gutters, or puts air in the tires of my bicycle, or trims the claws of the cats.
Little things go beyond money.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I just got caught up on all your entries I'll combine all my comments here. First off, it makes me mad that your husband doesn't treat you with a little more romance and gifts. He sounds so practical. I had to give the what-for to my husband a few times before he realized that another hospital stay, Valentines or Mother's Day goes by without some flowers. I told him just to get me potted ones. So that is what he does now. On my birthday I told him all I want is a cake and a card--to know he thought of me. We don't really give Christmas or birthday gifts to each other since we buy what we want at the time.

As far as boys--mine is the same way!! I don't know what it is that he has to dump or throw things, or spin or push the buttons. But I wonder how I am going to survive him because he has so much energy. I see some boys are like that, some not. I probably have a pre-ADHD kids--ha ha.

Your daughter looked stunning in those flower girl photos. Her hair made her look so grown up. Like those kid models that look better than us adults!

Sorry your job has been so stupid to you. I am glad I am not dealing with all that political stuff right now. Hopefully some day you can be in management and treat people better than you were treated!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com