Pieces of Us...
A Day Trapped In The House - Sunday, May 07, 2006

Don't you just hate wet and rainy days. It was absolutely gorgeous outside yesterday and today... Blah! Don't get me wrong, we sure as heck need the rain. Jonathan is attempting to actually grow some grass this year. We have a new neighbor who keeps his yard so gorgeous and here we are right beside him, with no grass, just weeds and weird purple flowers.

So last weekend Jonathan got out the Weed & Feed that had been sitting in our garage for a couple of years now and we went to Wal-Mart and got a spreader and he actually put the stuff down in the front yard. Woo-hoo! My husband did some yard work (other than mowing). I was amazed. And then for 4 or 5 days afterwards, he actually came home and watered the yard. Will wonders never cease. I'm sure it will be weeks before we see any results, but I'll keep my fingers crossed until then. And yeah to Jonathan for attempting to grow some grass this year!

So getting back to yesterday, we got up early and headed to a local carnival. From 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. the kids could ride all the rides for free. Now I don't now about you, but if something is free, then I'm all over it. I figured the place would be so crowded you would have to stand in line and feel like you were at DisneyWorld or something. But when we got there, it was surprisingly empty. This is only the second year they have had the "free hour" so I guess not a lot of people still know about it. So for an hour we ran from ride to ride letting Skyler ride the carnival rides. Believe it or not, she rode quite a few. I just have one thing to say about this child, she has no fear whatsoever of any of the rides. We rode a couple of rides that I know she probably shouldn't have been on at her age (nothing that went upside down or anything), but she just loves the wild rides. Jonathan and I always have loved the wild ones to, but as we get older things just aren't the same. Just chalk up another reason why we should have had our kids earlier I guess.

That evening I took Little Man to the mall to get his haircut. I knew Jonathan wouldn't want to go with me, so I thought just Chase and I would go alone. He is so good and easy to handle when it's just the two of us. I had mentioned it to Skyler earlier in the afternoon that Chase and I were going out to get a haircut and I figured she would have heart failure because I wasn't taking her. But when she protested, I just reminded her how often the two of us go out to the movies, dinner, etc. without Little Man. So when it came time to go, I just threw on Chase's shoes and we headed out the door. We got his hair cut and walked around the mall a bit and then picked up a pizza for supper. We were probably gone less than 2 hours. So when we got home I asked Jonathan how she had reacted when she found out we were gone. He said she had never even come out of her room and even noticed we were gone!

Friday night Skyler and I went to the movies to see The Wild. Believe it or not, it was pretty good. She enjoyed it and so did I. Afterwards we met Jonathan and Little Man at our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner. Obviously Little Man had not had a very good day because he was fussy and whiny and wouldn't eat hardly anything. So since Jonathan and Chase rode separately, they hurried up and hauled ass to the house. Chase is normally pretty good when we go out to dinner, but I guess everyone has their days.

Sunday totally blew. It was wet, rainy and downright cold. Saturday afternoon the temperature was in the eighties and then on Sunday it was in the upper fifties and lower sixties. What the heck gives with that. We spent a good part of Saturday afternoon out in the backyard with the kids. And then Sunday we were cooped up in the house all day. We didn't even get out of our pajamas all day!

Jonathan and I watched Batman Begins while Chase was taking a nap. We hardly ever get to watch a movie anymore. I love Netflix. Having the movies delivered directly to the house and then being able to keep them as long as we need is so awesome. If you rent more than 2 or 3 movies a month, I highly recommend Netflix.

Last week I also received the first season of the Brady Bunch. I absolutely loved the Brady Bunch growing up and I thought Skyler might like it. So I stuck it in the DVD player in the van while we were running about town and she absolutely loved it. I bet she has watched all seven episodes through about 3 times. She loves it and she can already sing the theme song.

So since it was such a wet and rainy day on Sunday, I finally had some time to upload some of the wedding pics and a few new pics of the kids. You can find the wedding pics of Skyler as the flower girl here. And a few new pics of the kids here.

Well I guess I better end for now. I really want to get caught up on reading some of my favorite journals. Take care!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Day Trapped In The House
Monica; 12:22 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Skyler looked absolutely gorgeous! I bet she loved getting primped up.

You can tell Chase has grown some.

We take the kids to the state fair and get the bracelets for them to ride all the rides as many times as they want to. They have a blast!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com