Pieces of Us...
Changes - Saturday, May 20, 2006

So not much going on around here this week. Jonathan has hired himself a new assistant manager. This one was "hand picked" by corporate. A recruiter from the corporate office whom Jonathan greatly admires and trusts called him up and asked him if he could hand pick one of Jonathan's new managers. Since Jonathan trusts him completely, he said, "Sure." We were very surprised when Jonathan found out his newest assistant manager was a girl. You would just have to know in Jonathan's line of business, there aren't that many females. So he was pretty surprised.

No problem, Jonathan has worked with females before. He doesn't have any problems working with girls. In fact, when he worked the store, he said he would rather work with females because they didn't give him as much crap, they were much more dependable and they listened better. (Seems he has learned a thing or two in his old age).

Then Jonathan finds out this girl is fresh out of college. She is 22 years old. No problem, Jonathan has someone he can "mold." He figures she will work with him for 18 months or so and then she will probably move on somewhere else in the company on her way as she climbs the "corporate ladder."

Well she and her parents were coming down this weekend to look for an apartment. So Jonathan finally met her. He was really surprised when he met her and found out she was very attractive. All of the guys in the shop just kind of stopped and stared. So not only is she a beautiful girl, but she was really nice. Me being the nice person that I am had gone to several real estate companies and gathered up "relocation packets" and stuff for her. She was very nice and very thankful. Then last night we had dinner with her and her parents. They seemed like really nice down home people.

Normally I don't get all up in Jonathan's business at work, but sometimes you just have to check things out for yourself. I'm nosy, what can I say. Sue me.

So since Jonathan is acting GM right now while his manager is in the hospital, he has been really, really busy. I've basically had the kids every night by myself (except for last night when my friend Sam came to babysit the kids while we had dinner with his new manager). And then today Jonathan is going to be gone all day with the auditors and then traveling to Duke to visit with his boss.

When Jonathan got up this morning I was feeding the kids their breakfast. I made them some strawberry muffins and scrambled eggs for breakfast. He came down and started cleaning up the kitchen and washing up the dishes, so I wouldn't have to. Very nice. He was just leading in to how he was going to be gone all day. But it was at least nice for him to clean up the kitchen so I didn't have to.

So after he tells me he is going to be gone pretty much all day today and pretty much all day on Sunday. He's then like, "Why don't you call Sam and ask her to go out to dinner and maybe the movies tonight." I'm like, "You sure as heck don't have to ask me twice. I'm all over that." So after I got the kids cleaned up after breakfast, I was on the phone calling Sam. I have no idea where we are going to go tonight or what movie we are going to see, but it will be good to at least get out of the house.

Chase has been a grouchy baby here lately. He just screams and screams if things don't go his way. And I'm not talking about a little whine. He screams like a banshee. It gives me a headache. I don't know what his problem is. I'm going to say teething. Because if this is how he is going to be permanently, God help me.


Click on Chase's photo for pics of the kids at the Lazy 5 Ranch

So I finally had a few minutes to put a few of the Lazy 5 Ranch pictures up. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of pics of the kids actually feeding some of the animals. It's kind of hard to take pictures and make sure that your kids aren't falling over the side into a pack of animals at the same time.

Well I guess I better end for now and actually get some work done around the house. Little Man is taking his morning nap at the moment. And Skyler is in her room playing with her bazillion Polly Pockets. Catch up with you guys real soon. I'm outta here.


Changes Monica; 9:47 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger simah said...

that is one way to slide!!! just wondering...*or u can say i am being nosy heheh*..dont u get worried to have a beautiful girl like that working next to ur hubby?i know i would...though i trusts my hubby 100 per cent..

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Great slide video! Is that you saying "Come on!"

Its good to be nosy. Its your BUSINESS as the wife to be nosy. When you are nosy, things don't get past you. I learned that the hard way. Even if you trust your hubby, I wouldn't trust anyone else... if you catch my drift. I'd be all up in his and her business every single day.

1:17 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

That playground looks like it was alot of fun.

I would say that the fussy chase would be the teeth also. *hopefully*

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I need you to post a tutorial on how to post video clips. That was cute. I kept waiting for the punch on the spouses new pretty colleague. What are your feelings? Do you ever worry about him flirting or messing around? Hope you had a great time out!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

I know I know, all I seem to comment is how gorgeous your kids are but it is true! I swear!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com