Pieces of Us...
Throw In the Towel... - Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sometimes I wonder if I should just throw in the towel on this blogging thing. Things have just been so crazy around here I can't even keep my mind straight.


Work has just been exhausting. It's one committee meeting after another and I am just going crazy. I'm still learning about all this committee stuff. Especially learning about taking minutes. Let me just say one thing, my minute taking experience is pretty non-existent. I'm learning, but good God, it's going to take me forever! As soon as things calm down in the legal department, they will then pick up in the events department, so it's a never ending cycle. I just do my best and keep on trucking.

Anyway, let me tell you one thing. I went to the mailbox yesterday to get the mail. I was nonchalantly going through the mail and opened up the gas bill. I almost shit a brick people. Excuse the French, but good God almighty what the hell are these natural gas people thinking! My gas bill was $415.00! You have got to be kidding me! Last month it was $150 and this month its $415.00! Oh hell no. Someone is screwing us people. They have to be. I mean I know we all read the news reports talking about how high heating bills were going to be this year, but please. It hasn't even been that cold here in North Carolina. We have hit 60 degrees probably like 10 days out of this month. So after opening the bill I got my happy butt on the telephone to call and figure out what is going on. Well I was on hold for over an hour people! Yes, 65 minutes and no one ever answered. I'm not stupid here, but evidently they were being bombarded with very unhappy customers. Then this morning they are actually talking about the gas bills on my favorite radio station.

What really sucks is we are leaving on another cruise next weekend. I'm sure I mentioned it here before. We are taking Skyler on a 5 day cruise out of Jacksonville. Well then we got the big bright idea to ask Jonathan's grandmother along. I didn't realize Jonathan was going to tell her we would pay for it. I figured he would ask, but if she wanted to go, she would pay her own way. But anyway, we are paying for it. But what he NEGLECTED to tell me was she is a horrendous snorer and gets up 6 to 7 times a night to use the restroom. Now we can't afford two cabin rooms, so we will all be sharing a teeny tiny room. And all of you know how difficult it is for me to fall asleep and even once I get to sleep to STAY asleep is not possible without my best friend Mr. Ambien..... So I'm not sure how well this cruise is going to go over. But I shouldn't bitch. I know lots of people who have never been on a cruise. Jonathan actually won this cruise again through work for the two of us. We just had to pay for Skyler and now, Jonathan's grandmother. So wish me luck on that one.


Last night I did something really fun. I went to a MOPS meeting. Now for those of you who have never hard of MOPS, it's actually a group for Mothers of Preschoolers. I had searched for a group ever since Skyler had been born. But they always seemed to be geared towards SAHM (stay-at-home mothers). The group meetings were always held on a weekday during the work day, so I was never able to join one. So a few months ago I found a group that met at a local church and it met in the evenings from 6:30 to 8:30. I thought, "How cool is that?" So I had put it on my calendar for the last two months, but things just always seemed to come up and I couldn't go. But last night for the first time I went. They actually have childcare so you can attend. But Little Man goes to bed at 7:30, so keeping him out until 8:30 wasn't such a good idea.

Anyway, so Jonathan kept Little Man and Skyler and I went to the meeting. Let me just say that was probably the best time I have had with other women in like forever. Everyone was great, the meeting was fun. I highly recommend a MOPS group if you have one in your area! What a great way to meet other moms.

I am so behind on reading everyone else's journals. What a bummer. How do people who have 3 or 4 kids and work full time do it? I sure as hell don't know how they do it. If your one of those people, I bow down to you! How do you keep from losing your sanity?

I have really sucked at taking pictures here lately. Chase changes so much every day and I have been a horrible mother by not taking photos. I haven't had their picture made since he was 9 months old. I am such a bad mom.

I know, I'm all over the place with this entry today. I just wanted to get something up so you would at least know I'm still alive. I promise to try and get caught up on some of your journals. I really miss reading them.

Anyway, enough rambling for today. I know this entry is just all over the place. Gotta run and pick up Little Man early today! Tootles!


Throw In the Towel...
Monica; 3:28 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to get caught up. At least your days at work go fast (if you are kept that busy)! I hope you can find some fun in the cruise. That would be ironic to have to suffer through it!

1:46 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Don't give up...we all understand that your a working mother and you had to catch up on your job from your travels.

Hope that you have lots of fun on your next cruise.

That gas bill would have me in tears!!!! I cried about a 150 dollar bill.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to meet some moms too, but so far I am still a "STAY-AT-HOME" mom, since my son not really like his dad to look after him even for couples of hours... maybe he worked most of the time when he is awake(his working hours is from 3pm till 3am), and my husband sometimes will be away from home (to China) a couples of months a year since my little son was born.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Dont you dare throw in the towel. I enjoy reading this way to much, plus it gives me peace of mind to realize that there are other mothers out there who are sometimes as crazy as I am! LOL..
Have fun on your cruise! I bet Skylar will have a blast. I expect lots of pics!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com