Pieces of Us...
Where Has the Weekend Gone? - Monday, October 17, 2005
Ugh, it's Monday. Don't you hate how fast the weekend goes by. It seems I have all these plans of things to accomplish over the weekend and before I know it "poof" it's Monday again. I didn't get much accomplished this weekend. But at least we pretty much had a "temper tantrum free" weekend. It's kind of scary because I am starting to see the same things in Chase that Skyler has.... The temper, the "If I can't have my way I'm going to throw myself on the ground and scream." Yikes. My life isn't going to get any better any time soon. Oh well, we will forge on and pray for when they are older. I guess I'll have worse things to think about then. Like sex, drugs, getting into college, etc. Ugh! Why did we ever have kids! Nah, I'm just kidding. I love my kids more than anything, but damn can't they be challenging little hellions sometimes?

So Skyler and I went to a birthday party this weekend. It went pretty well. Skyler played with several of her schoolmates. They had one of those big bouncy castles. The first thing Skyler did was climb up into the bouncy castle and she was politely "body slammed" by the birthday boy. I think it took her by surprise because she isn't used to being rough housed too much. But she was the only girl in the bouncy castle and all the little boys decided to throw one down on her. Girlfriend was stunned at first, but then she bounced up and commenced to body slamming him right back. Well as best as she could. The birthday boy just turned 5 and he pretty much is twice the size of Skyler. But she held her own.

I felt I was right at home. It was kind of a "redneck heaven" at the birthday party. This family owns about 20 acres and they have like four 4-wheelers, 5 motorcycles, etc. that they right all around the property. I guess with 3 boys, you want to give them something to occupy their time and get them out of the house. I would freak out turning my kids loose on those 4-wheelers, but hey, to each is their own. The five year old can also ride this little bitty dirt bike. Skyler can barely ride her bike with the training wheels. I guess having two older brothers helped and motivated him a lot to learn how to ride. But it was pretty funny seeing a little five year old zooming around on a dirt bike.

After the party I dropped Skyler back off at home and headed to Wal-Mart to do the grocery shopping. Don't you just hate how you go into Wal-Mart thinking your going to spend like $50 and you end up coming out of there spending more like $150! Dang! I'm counting the days until they open the doors of this new Wal-Mart right by our house. No more driving 12 miles. No sirreee, I'm going to have a Wal-Mart less than 2 miles from the ole house. Sam Walton would be proud to hear me say that wouldn't he?

As I was checking out at Wal-Mart, I realized that Jonathan had taken my debit card and he also had the checkbook. As I was sitting there mentally cussing his ass out and thinking to myself, what am I going to do? Then I realized I had the ole Target Visa. So I pulled it out and was going to pay for purchases with the Visa. The girl gave me this really snotty look and said,

"Your kidding right?

I'm like, "Excuse me"

She said, "Your not REALLY going to pay for your purchase at Wal-Mart with a TARGET card are you?"

I'm like, "Um, well it is a Target Visa, and basically yes. Because I don't have anything else to pay with seeing as how my husband confiscated my debit card this morning."

I was sitting there thinking, "B---- step back and let me pay for my frigging food why don't ya!" Geeze! It wasn't like she was saying it in a cute or funny way. She was being a real smart ass about it.

And while I'm on the subject of Wal-Mart, I don't know if it's just here in my area or what, but the cashiers don't put your merchandise in the buggy. They just keep on turning the little thing with the bags on it and even if you try and be smart and not start loading the buggy yourself. When it gets full, they will start putting your bags in the floor. Um hello, what happened to the good ole days of customer service where they could at least walk their lazy butts 2 feet and put your bags into the buggy! I guess it's just as well because they end up squashing half your stuff anyway. I have noticed that back home in TN the cashiers are friendlier and nicer and do put your stuff in the buggy. Must just be where we live or something I guess. People just aren't as outgoing and friendly as they are in TN.

Ok, enough bitching about Wal-Mart. I just had to get that off my chest. So yesterday Skyler and I headed to JCPenneys. My husband and I are so lazy (or forgetful either one) that we only get our mail like 2 or 3 times a week. So I had gotten the mail a day or so earlier and there was this coupon for Penney's for 30% off. They were having a sale on Sunday from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m. So I'm thinking, "Cool, I can finally break down and buy that
microsuede comforter set I have been wanting." And Chase also needed some winter pajamas and I haven't been able to find very much at the consignment shop.

So we head to Penney's and they are having a really good sale and I'm thinking by using my 30% off coupon, I'll save a ton. So I get like 3 pair of pants, two shirts for myself, 2 pairs of pajamas for Chase and my much coveted microsuede comforter set and I take it up to the cashier. She rings it up and it's well over $200 and I'm like, yikes! But I have my 30% off coupon here, so not so bad. So I hand her the coupon and she looks at me and then she looks at my coupon and she says, "Um I'm sorry, but this coupon was for last weekend." I'm like, "What? No surely your mistaken, I just got it in the mail this week." She said, "No, it's for last week." So dangit! I didn't get to use my coupon.

Well there was no way in hell I was going to be able to buy all that crap without the coupon, so I had to put pretty much everything back. Except for Chase's pajamas and my microsuede down comforter. It was actually on sale. So I finally got it! Woohooo! I put it on the bed last night and it was heaven. I highly recommend it if your looking for a new comforter. So that was my stupid moment for the weekend. I guess it should teach my butt to check my mail more often, huh?

So if your ever wondering why sometimes you might see more photos of Skyler here than Chase.... I think I finally figured it out last night. Girlfriend is a picture hog! I was trying my best to get a picture of Chase yesterday and for the life of me, she kept on jumping into the photo. I either got her totally in front of Chase. Or somewhere in the photo was one of her body parts. Geeze. Poor Little Man can't have a decent photo taken for nothing. I guess that's just part of growing up with a brother/sister. But I keep warning her.... You just wait until he starts walking and talking girlfriend, your goose is cooked! She torments him a lot right now. She'll sit on him and pin him down where he can't move. Those days are coming to an end real soon. I have a feeling as soon as he is mobile, she is going to get a run for her money.

Well I need to get some work done. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Can't wait to get caught up on all your blogs!




Upload Video at JussPress.com
Where Has the Weekend Gone?
Monica; 7:32 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

here in michigan is the same way, but they may say "you want to start grabbing some of these bags?"
I miss shopping at jc penny, i did alot before husband, kids, house and things, but now i can't afford but sometimes if you walk in there at the right time ...CLEARANCE ITEMS!!!!!! I don't get to go to the mall often, I usually make an appearance around christmas to look at the decorations and get some items that you won't find at Kmart or wal-mart or target.

I'm already worrying about Amber and Darin about the sex, and drugs. I told my husband the other day that now that Amber started we can become grandparents the minute she starts an interest in boys!!! God help us!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Tonia said...

in Toronto, there has been law said : "No video phone or digital equiment in the public pool area !" so bad, I really want to have a clip like yours to keep.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com