Pieces of Us...
Where Has All The Time Gone? - Thursday, October 06, 2005

I know, I know, here I go again with the sparse updates. As fellow blogger Mallard sometimes says.... "At least your not chained to your blog..." Or something along the lines of that... No, I'm not chained to my blog, I'm chained to my kids! But at least I will be getting a break from that here soon with the upcoming vacation. I know, I'm a horrible mom looking forward to being away from my precious "angels." Ha! Well just call me a horrible mom then, because I'm really looking forward to the break!

Skyler is still driving us absolutely bonkers. At least the school thing is still going well though. But the temper. Good, God! If this child makes it to the age of 18, well she will just be lucky. I thought Jonathan was going to strangle her last night. If you tell the child "No," she jut totally freaks out. Jonathan wanted to watch a television program last night and Skyler wanted to watch Tom & Jerry. Jonathan politely told Skyler that his favorite program was coming on and if she wanted to watch tv, she could go to her room and watch it there. Skyler starts in with her, "Please, please, please..." And she just keeps on and on and on and on. No matter how nicely you say it and even if you don't use the word "No," she can't take the hint. It ended up the two of them getting into an argument, him sending her to her room and a crying and kicking and screaming fit commenced. It's a good thing that Little Man is such a good sleeper, because he always sleeps through the drama that is a 4 year old girl. Lucky ducky.

It took me a good 15 minutes of talking smoothly to her to get her calmed back down. I know Jonathan has been stressed with work here lately and Skyler has been a pain. Please tell me that at some point in her life she will outgrow this?!? Please, please tell me it isn't going to last forever!


***

Things have been super crazy at work here to. I wonder if things will ever calm down. There used to be lulls in the work, but for the last year or so, it just seems things never really calm down. I guess that is to be expected when you basically work for 3 different departments.

Yesterday we had this political program. If I can tell you one thing, it is I am NOT interested in politics. My boss would strangle me if he heard me say that, but politics is just something that doesn't float my boat. So I had to sit in this program all day long running PowerPoint programs. I will have to say that some of it did slightly interest me. And my boss was kind enough to even say a thank you and the audience gave me a round of applause for my AV techniques, so it was kind of nice. Not to mention I had a fabulous lunch at a gorgeous hotel.

***

Jonathan and Chase are leaving Friday to go to the Tennessee/South Carolina game in Knoxville. Actually Jonathan will be dropping Little Man off with my parents at their campground. They have been camping for the last week or so and getting ready to take the camper down for the winter. So at least I will only have to deal with Skyler for the weekend. Not that I can't handle both of them or anything, but if he is going to be near my parents, why not send one of them off to Mamaw & Papaws. Skyler and I are planning on going to see W&G. We are still waiting on Chicken Little. Skyler can't wait until that comes out.


***
You know I'm sitting here thinking, and for the life of me, I can't remember what we did last weekend. It seems like the day I hit 30, my brain went to pot. I started having short-term memory losses, things started getting confusing and my prioritizing ability just plain ole disappeared. Geeze, what is going to happen when I hit 40 in a few years? Will my brain be totally fried?

Oh yeah, now I remember what I did! Saturday I went to a women's show at the coliseum with my friend Sam. It wasn't half as good as last year. Neither one of us bought a single thing. Afterwards we had dinner at one of those Japanese steakhouses. And then we went to see
Just Like Heaven with Reece Witherspoon. I will have to say I enjoyed it. It is definitely a good "chick flick" to go see with your girlfriends. As Sam said as we were leaving the movie, "But I wouldn't want to take a guy on a first date to see that movie." Well I enjoyed it. So if you like "chick flicks" rent the DVD when it comes out.

That's pretty bad when it took me a few minutes to remember that I had a REAL girl's night out with my friend this weekend. Skyler and I have girl's nights out at least twice a month, but I very seldom go out with my own friends.

***

I haven't had a chance to get caught up on my blog reading. Hopefully I can do some of that this weekend. I just dread trying to put Skyler to bed. So far we haven't mentioned to her that Little Man and Daddy are going to be gone this weekend. I know she is going to freak out when she finds out. I'll deal with that tonight I guess.

This morning I was going to take her to school and let Jonathan take Little Man, but she commenced to throwing one hellacious fit because she wanted Bubbie to go to school with her and watch her wash her hands and pick out her lunch. Jonathan takes both kids in the mornings and I pick them up in the evenings. He takes Skyler to school first and just takes Little Man into the classroom with him. If he took Little Man first then he would have to come back through some massive school traffic.

So fit number one came this morning when it was time to put on her clothes. She whined and screamed and made scenes. And when she is screaming, she makes no sense whatsoever. It finally boiled down to Jonathan had put her shirt on first instead of her hairbow. Good God! What the hell does it matter! Four year old girls and their "rituals." What is the deal? My pediatrician says it's perfectly normal and both of his daughters were like that. I've actually called the pediatrician's office in tears before. But they just kind of laugh at me and say "She'll grow out of it eventually." That's not what the hell I want to hear! What about now! It's a good thing I'm not a child beater or anything because the pediatrician's office sure as heck isn't very much help!

Not to mention it has taken me 10 weeks to get Little Man a well baby visit for his one year old appointment. Um, hello, he turned 1 back in August and I have called 3 to 4 times a week to try and get his appointment since the end of July. We finally got an appointment for October 10th. So I'm sitting in lunch on Wednesday at the hotel during the political program and my cell phone rings. It's the pediatrician's office. The lady is like, "Ms. ___, we need to reschedule Chase's appt. Dr. B. will not be in on Monday." I'm like, "Your kidding!" These people know me by name because I have harassed them almost daily for 10 weeks! She is like "I'll have to call you back tomorrow with the new appointment." I'm like, "Oh hell no, you need to give me a new appointment RIGHT now." This is how we got into this the first time around. When I took him in for his 9 month appointment they are supposed to give you their next appointment right then. But they had already cut off their computers, so they said they needed to call me the next day with the appointment. Well they never did and then look what happened.

So she put me on hold FOREVER and then finally came back and rescheduled it for the 11th. Which is good because I have a committee meeting on the 10th and couldn't have gone with him. Jonathan was going ot take him. So now at least I get to go. And let me tell you, I am going to give this pediatrician a piece of my mind!

I know, you ask "Why don't you just switch pediatricians?" It's because Skyler LOVES her pediatrician. She ASKS to go see him! How often does that happen? But the man is so popular, it takes an act of congress to get an appointment.


***
So anyway, enough rambling for today. Hopefully I can update again this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I took one of those silly online tests. Hmm, guess I'm not a nerd after all! I borrowed this from The State of Indiana:


I am 47% loser. What about you? Click here to find out!
Where Has All The Time Gone?
Monica; 1:07 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I would love to be the one to say to you that Skylar is only four and she will grow out of it by 6 or so.. but I can't because she sounds like her and my Olivia are two peas in a pod, and Olivia is six. So good luck. Maybe some girl time will calm her down for a while.. LOL

1:23 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

ok...Have ya tried to just let her scream in her room? She will eventually quiet down and figure that all this drama is not working anymore.

Amber throws her fits, i send her to her room and when she finally calms down then we will have a discussion on her behavior. Yes i know they can throw thier fits for what seems like forever. But it isn't. Sometimes it makes her fall asleep, which is what can also be the problem.

I'm no doctor, but i'm just telling ya what works for me. You can't talk to them when they behave like that. So i feel you don't talk to them until they can be civil. And i make sure that i say "stay in that room till you can talk to me right". And i throw in a little "or i will spank your behind". Yeh i know bad mom! I'm over it! lol

If i was you i would be counting down the minutes till vacation myself. I had already thought that you went Sunday, apparently it's not till this Sunday...Have lots of fun and take lots of pics.

Yeh i travel way out of my way to see my doctor. But i have been seeing him since i was like 16 years old. My kids have seen him since birth pretty much. They love him and they know where the suckers are hidden! lol

take care monica

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com