Pieces of Us...
Things I'm Afraid Of.... - Friday, October 28, 2005
I think Caroline is trying to pay me back for making her do a list of things she has done in her life. But she has asked her readers to a list of things that they are afraid of. This one is kind of tough. I've always thought of myself as the "adventurous type" when it comes to things like sky diving (tandem of course); riding on airplanes, race cars, etc. So I'm going to have to think about this one for a bit...

I will tell you one thing I am afraid of is kind of stupid. They aren't even real, but if they were real at one time or another, I must have been killed by one or been one myself, not really sure. But the one thing I am afraid of is VAMPIRES! I know, it's ridiculous. There is no such thing as VAMPIRES, but they freak me out so bad if I even catch a glimpse of one on the television, say advertising a movie or something, it freaks me out and I scream like a little girl. And then I think about them all night when I lay down. So I definitely have a huge dislike for anything to do with VAMPIRES.

So anyway, here is my list:

1. Vampires

2. Death of a Family Member. Of course, losing anyone in my family, especially my kids, hubby, parents, etc. That one is a no brainer there.

3. Gory/Scary Movies. I have never liked scary movies. I'm one of those people if I'm watching a scary movie and something jumps out of the closet or something, I jump out of my seat, scream like a little girl and almost pee myself. So you don't see me watching too many scary movies. Especially ones with VAMPIRES!!!

4. Speaking in Front of Large Crowd. I'm with
Caroline on the giving speeches thing. I hate standing up in front of a crowd. The bad thing is, I have to do it quite often with my job. Most of the time I try and pass it off to someone else if I can. I especially freak out when my boss is trying to be nice and recognize me in front of a few hundred people for the good job your doing, and then you have to go stand up there like a fool. It's nice of him to recognize me, but its also really embarrassing.

5. Failing at raising my children to be good/productive adults. We've had such a hard time with Skyler here lately. I definitely feel sometimes like we are both bad parents. I guess it's a learning process, but we haven't been doing a very good job here lately.

6. Failing to do a good job for my employer. I've been given some new duties at my job recently and I feel like I'm doing a horrible job sometimes. I've always tried to do a good job at whatever task I have been given, but here lately, things just don't seem to be coming together like I wish they would. Maybe it's just a learning process for me.

7. Marriage failing. Jonathan and I have both been through some rough times in the 15 years we have been together. When we first married in 1991, our family and friends all said it wouldn't last two years. So I guess we kind of showed them, huh? But there are still times when I wonder if we are going to make it. There are definitely more good than bad times though. I guess everyone has problems/rocky times in their marriage, so we make it work and move on.

Those are the only things that come to mind at the moment. It's weird... I'm not afraid of normal things like spiders, snakes, heights, etc. I've always pretty much been fearless in so many ways. My daughter is the same way. She isn't afraid to try or do anything at least once. Not saying we don't learn our lessons sometimes after doing something stupid, but for the most part, I'll try anything once.

So there you have it. Now how bout you?
Things I'm Afraid Of....
Monica; 8:59 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm with you on the scary movies! I hate them! Give me a comedy any day :)
You know i was not trying to get you back, but you did stir some ideas and i am glad you participated in mine...i'm still thinking for additions to yours.
The more i read your blog the more i think how much we are alike. Altho i would never do the sky diving or other near suicide things.lol

3:35 PM  
Blogger Mallard said...

Whew... good to see you two linking up together via blogdom! Whoo hoo!

I just went thru my list this arvo... hmmm... it's a biggie!
http://au.geocities.com/
maljam2002/profile.html

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com