Pieces of Us...
One More Week! - Sunday, October 30, 2005
I can't believe it, but by this time next week (Sunday afternoon), I will be in St. Thomas!!!! I have been looking forward to this vacation for such a long time. I wonder what I will have to look forward to after it's over.

I think I pretty much have my Packing List for the trip. If I don't write crap down, then I always forget something. My list has become quite extensive. I just hope we will be able to get everything into our suitcases!

Not much going on this way. Skyler has actually been pretty decent for the most part this week. No major blow ups. So that's good. Chase has been Chase. You know how one year old boys are...into everything. I never knew one child could drag out so many toys! We just pretty much leave the house trashed until he goes to bed at night. Then the three of us (Skyler included, of course) walk around the house picking up all the toys. You just wait until Little Man is walking and can understand. We are going to start making him pick up his mess! Skyler always asks why she has to help pick up the mess because Bubby is the one who made it. I have to explain to her that Bubby is too little to pick up the toys on his own, but he will soon!

Things were really slow at work this week. Most people from the office were in San Francisco for a meeting. There were only about 10 of us left behind. Since everyone else was gone, we decided to have lunch on the company on Friday as a treat to ourselves. Of course we "ok'd" it with the boss man beforehand. But it was nice to have lunch with everyone from work. We ordered sandwiches and soups from the
Bear Rock Cafe. Yum!

I really think I won't be worth much at work this week either because I am looking forward to the trip. I'll be counting the hours here before you know it.

Yesterday I had a "girl's night out" with my friend Sam. We went to Durham to shop at The Streets at Southpoint. Love the shopping there. It is so awesome. I had a $65 credit at the Apple Store where I had returned something. So I wanted to get Jonathan an
iPod Shuffle to take with us on our trip. It's 1 GB and holds about 240 songs. Nothing like my iPod Photo which holds 5,000 songs. But it's all Jonathan really needs.

The only problem is Jonathan listens to Hip/Hop and Rap and I don't really listen to that crap. Maybe a bit of Hip/Hop if it has a beat, but I definitely don't like Rap. And you can only run one iTunes at once. So it means I'll have to put some of his cruddy music in my iTunes. Oh well, I'll live. I can always fast forward through the stuff.

I have a wide range of music on my iPod. Everything from 70's to Hip/Hop to the Rolling Stones. I really like a lot of music. I currently have over 1,000 songs on my iPod and climbing. Finding and downloading the music is a pain in the butt sometimes though.

So anyway, getting back to our "girl's night out." After we went to buy the shuffle we went to Penney's to see if we could find some new clothes. Of course I didn't find anything for myself, but I did manage to find Skyler two outfits for Christmas. I'm finished with Skyler's Christmas shopping, but I have hardly even begun on Chase's. It's so hard to buy for 1 1/2 year old boys! If anyone has any ideas, I'm definitely open to suggestions.

After Penney's we went to the movies. We saw
Domino. I have to say I really liked it. It was really loud and pretty gory, but it was actually very good. The only thing I didn't like about it was the way they filmed the movie. It's hard to explain, but it gave me a headache. The movie is actually based on a true story (although I'm sure 90% of it isn't true). The girl who the movie is based on was named Domino Harvey. She just recently died. But if your looking for a good action movie, it's not too bad.

After the movie we had plans to eat at one of my all time favorite restaurants,
PF Chang's. I was really looking forward to some chicken lettuce wraps and Kung Pau Shrimp. But after we parked and went in they informed us it would be a 90 minutes wait. Um no thank you. So we headed back towards the house and ended up eating at The Outback. I was pretty disappointed, but after a couple of lobster tails, I was over it.

Skyler is upstairs taking a nap. I don't think the time change is going to bother the kids too much. I should have gotten to sleep in an extra hour this morning since it was my morning to sleep in, but I didn't really feel like sleeping in, so I got up around 7:15. Actually it was 8:15, so I guess I "kind of" slept in.

After I got up we decided to go eat breakfast at The Cracker barrel that they just built by our house and then go shopping at the dreaded Wal-Mart. So we had done all that and were back home by 11:00 a.m. That's good for us because we normally don't even get out of our pajamas on the weekends sometimes. So to have done all that by 11:00 a.m., we were doing pretty good. None of us are really morning people, that's for sure.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough for one day. I hope everyone had a great weekend and can't wait to get caught up on everyone's blogs.
One More Week!
Monica; 3:26 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

i forgot to set my clocks back so hubby woke me up for bowling at 6 in the morning, i wanted to get up at 7 to take a shower and make a special breakfast. On saturday(my only day to sleep in) my neighbors dogs kept me up they were barking and barking. geesh, no rest for the weary.

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog made me miss all the shopping and resturants.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

wow ur life is full - always! Hope this week goes fast and positively for you all!
Lotsaluv & cyalayta
Mal :o)

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com