Pieces of Us...
Not Much Going On... - Monday, September 26, 2005
Not much going on around here this past weekend. I have started cooking more. I made meatloaf for dinner last night. Of course Skyler won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but Chase ate it like there was no tomorrow. Of course, he eats pretty much anything. For now he does anyway. I'm sure as time goes on he will become pickier like his sister. Let's hope not! You may think, making a meatloaf is no big deal. But this is from a sister who doesn't know how to cook. I mean I've never enjoyed cooking and I'm so picky there isn't much I even like to eat. My step dad did all of the cooking while I was growing up. And since he and I didn't see eye-to-eye while I was a teenager, I basically never learned to cook. So websites with recipes have become my best friend. I'm "trying" to learn. But it's just too much damn trouble people! But I am trying.
Anyway, on Saturday we decided to head to
Concord Mills to do some shopping. It's a massive mall with lots of outlets. I got the kids a few clothes (like they really needed anymore). Chase didn't get a single pair of "plain" overalls for his birthday. So I went to the Osh Kosh outlet and they were having a massive sale. I got a pair of Osh Kosh overalls for $7.95. Not bad. Heck, I would have probably paid more than that for them from the consignment shop I usually go to. That consignment shop has gone sky high! What is their deal! I think they have become so popular they think they can just charge whatever they want.

We also wanted to take Skyler to this place called
Jeepers in the mall. It's like this indoor entertainment complex with rides and little roller coaster, games, etc. She loves it. So she and Jonathan spent a couple of hours in there while Little Man and I hit the mall. Not buying much or anything, but mostly just browsing. Little Man has this habit of grabbing onto everything he can reach as he strolls by. It drives me absolutely bonkers. Skyler never did that. She just cruised along. Difference between girls and boys I guess.

After that we headed to a restaurant across the street called
Razzoos. They have Cajun food and that stuff will tear your stomach up! Skyler didn't eat hardly anything as usual. However, Little Man commenced to tearing some Cajun food up! He had a whole piece of catfish, a chicken tender, 3 shrimp, countless french fries and even some of my dessert! I tell you that child will eat almost anything you put in his mouth and keep screaming for more. The only thing I hate is you can't stop and take a bite yourself. He barely breathes in between bites. And if you put some food on a plate for him, he just ends up swiping the plate off the table onto the floor. It's very frustrating. I'm hoping he will outgrow it soon.

We didn't do jack squat yesterday. Little Man and I went to return some headphones for the DVD system in the car. Then I came home and made the meatloaf for dinner.


Skyler is still giving Jonathan a hard time when he drops her off for pre-school. I'm hoping she will get over it soon. But we are going on week 4 of school. At least he didn't have to drag her in kicking and screaming this morning. He said she just cried, but walked in on her own free will. I guess that's a step forward anyway. The teacher did tell Jonathan this morning that after he is gone she is pretty good the rest of the day. I just don't understand. Girlfriend goes to bed at night fretting about getting up and going to school the next morning. Last night she told Jonathan she wanted to go back to her old school. It's kind of pitiful really. But we don't always get what we want in life and the sooner she learns that, the better off she will be. But that's kind of hard to explain to a 4 year old.

Skyler decided last night that she wanted to get started on her "Santa Claus List." Um, hello! We just had a birthday where both kids received entirely too much! Girlfriend is already thinking ahead to Christmas?!? I just want to know where in the world we are supposed to put any more toys! She has decided she wants a guitar. Like she will probably play all of 3 minutes with that one.

Well enough for today. I've got a lot to take care of. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Not Much Going On...
Monica; 7:31 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Don't feel bad I am a HORRID cook, seriously. My mother was a bad cook so she just passed it down. My husband is learning to cook alot at his firehouse (he is a paid Wash. DC fireman) so he has been picking up most of the cooking duties, for which I am thankful!
I had two girls who always quietly sat in their strollers, never touched anything, were always good in stores etc. My son, Riley, not even close. Climbs out everytime we stop, touches everything, pulls things into the stroller etc. I suppose that I should have listened when my mom told me boys were tougher to raise then girls! LOL

12:34 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I hate to cook but my mom did show me a few things. Also i am always looking for quick fix meals online because i work and have to cook something up really fast.
I like to try different things out for dinner also.

Amber falls into the picky eaters club also, but Darin will try anything once.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com