Pieces of Us...
I'm Back! - Saturday, September 17, 2005

I know, I know, I bet you can't believe I am finally back! Heck, I can't believe I'm finally back! The last few weeks have just been an absolute blur!! I am sooooo glad convention is finally over with. We prepare all year for this one big hellacious event. And when it's finally over... It's just relief. I took a few photos of the hotel. It was absolutely gorgeous. Let me tell you how out of place I felt at this place. I mean they had "afternoon tea." Now please tell me when is the last time you have visited a hotel who has "afternoon tea." I hate to tell you but the local Days Inn that Jonathan and I usually stay at, barely has cable. Much less "afternoon tea." The hotel was built in 1766 and is ancient. The interior is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. Anyway, you can check out the photos of the hotel here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88301815@N00/sets/963806/

Lord, I don't even know where to begin on the updating the journal here. So much stuff has happened since I last wrote. I guess I'll just have to remember it as I go along. Convention was fun. It was a lot of work, but there was some fun thrown in there to. I'm just really thankful that I enjoy my job. So many people don't. Now don't get me wrong, there are times when I'm not too happy with it. But for the most part, I'm pretty darn lucky! I mean come one now.... I get to stay at places like that! How the heck can you complain about that!

The only sad moment of the convention was when some of our members from Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, the Outer Banks, etc. had to leave because of hurricane Ophelia. I know some of our members lost a lot of possessions and had some damage to their homes and businesses. But at least everyone is alive and well, unlike the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The kids are doing well. We had their birthday parties at the first of the month over Labor Day Weekend. I've uploaded some pics to the flickr account of the birthday party. So please feel free to click on the link on the right to view them. I've just opened a pro account, so hopefully after my paypal payment clears, I can organize my flickr account better.

Anyway, the kids totally racked up at their birthday party. I mean these spoiled rotten younguns received so many clothes and toys that we couldn't bring it all home at once. Geeze, they are so spoiled. I counted the outfits Chase got for his birthday and I stopped at 17! Yes 17 outfits! At least I won't have to worry about buying him any clothes this winter. Skyler received more toys than clothes. Everyone knows she has enough clothes to clothe an Army.

Skyler received her most wanted gift.
The Dora the Explorer Casa. Just let me tell you one thing, $60 for a house with NO furniture is a rip off! They make you pay $10 for each set of furniture. By the time we get that small thing fully furnished, we will be $150 into it. Dang it!

They received so many gifts, I can't even begin listing them. Skyler also received a
Barbie bicycle. She was a little afraid of it at first because it wobbles back and forth. But once she got the hang of it, she was off. Chase really likes cars and trucks that make noise. So he received several of those. And of course, lots and lots of clothes. Lots more toys. They just got too much stuff! I don't have anywhere to put it all.

Right now, as we speak, Jonathan is in Florida preparing to go see the University of Tennessee battle it out with the Florida Gators. I personally think Florida is going to win, but I'm still holding out hope. He drove all the way to Florida with a high school buddy of his to see a 3 hour football game. The man can't drive 2 miles down the street for a loaf of bread, but he can drive 12 hours to see a 3 hour football game! Men!!! He is staying at the house of an old Army buddy we met while we were living in Korea. He just left the keys to his house for Jonathan and his friend to stay there. Pretty cool and trusting, huh? I can't say I would have probably done the same for anyone. But he is a really nice guy.

On other news, Jonathan won the tire sale at work and won a 6 days all expense paid vacation for us to St. Thomas!! Woohoo!!! The only bad thing is it's the week before our cruise. So it looks like we will be taking a 2 week vacation instead of 1. Boo hoo, I'm gonna cry. NOT! The St. Thomas trip returns the day before we were to fly out for our cruise. So 6 days in St. Thomas, fly back and then the next morning we leave for Fort Lauderdale for our 8 day cruise. We are going to be vacationed out by the time we return that's for dang sure. I'm not really happy about leaving the kids for two whole weeks and the babysitter thinks we are horrible parents for leaving them that long. But you know what, they will survive! They are going to spend one week with the babysitter and one week with my parents. They will be spoiled rotten even worse than they already are by the time we return.

Another funny thing is we were also going to be visiting St. Thomas while we were on our cruise. So now we will visit it twice in two weeks. Aren't we just deprived?!? I just wish they weren't back-to-back. But we can't get our money back on the cruise and I'm sure as hell not turning down a 6 day all expense paid vacation to St. Thomas. So two weeks of vacation, here we come.

Well enough rambling for one day. I know I have lots and lots of stuff to get caught up with. And I need to read Mary's, Caroline's, Mallard's, Allison, etc. journals to get caught up with you guys. But I did want to just drop a line to let everyone know I'm back! Can't wait to get caught up with everyone really soon! Take care!
I'm Back!
Monica; 12:25 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mallard said...

Welcome back!

5:00 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Wish i could go to half the places that you go! The hotel looks like a dream!

You would hear no complaints of vacations and cruising from me either. Two weeks without kids, I'm with you, they will survive! lol

glad to have ya back
Have fun! and take lots of pics for us deprived people! lol

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com