Pieces of Us...
Bet Gone Bad... - Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I just had to put up this photo of Jonathan and some of his co-workers... Apparently they are all into this "male competition" thing and love making bets against other locations. Seems Jonathan is in a little competition with one of the Virginia locations. They had this bet that one would hit a certain sales number before the other one. So whoever lost the bet would have to wear a pink "Loser" shirt and wash the other one's truck. Now call me crazy, but how crazy is that! Men and their bets and competitiveness! Geeze!

So anyway, the Virginia location beat Jonathan out by a few thousand dollars, so Jonathan's location lost the bet! He and his General Manager had to travel to Virginia (on one of the days I was at convention no less) and partake in a pig-picking (paid for by the NC location of course), wash the Virginia location's service truck and basically muddle in their loss. He he he he

Jonathan actually took it all in stride and proudly wears his pink "Loser" shirt as you can see. I guess that might teach him to make any more bets, huh? Not! They already have another one going on. Men and their male egos!

I can't remember if I've mentioned this or not, but now that Skyler is in public school, they do not have a daycare service for the Pre-K students. So she gets out of school every day at 2:15. My work was graciously kind enough to allow me to change my hours (yeah for my work helping out a working mom). I now work 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tues.-Fri. and work 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday. This allows me time to get in my hours (without a lunch though) and still leave early enough to pick up my daughter from school. On Mondays Little Man's babysitter picks her up since she only lives a couple of miles away from the school.

So yesterday was my first day of picking her up. I didn't walk out the door until 2:04 and was booking it to get to the school on time. Luckily, I found out it only takes me approximately 10 minutes to get to her school, so I made it on time. Whew!

It was so weird to get off so early. She and I headed to the grocery store and did our shopping. Then we came home and I gave her a bath and she watched a few minutes of cartoons. I then thought out supper plans and we headed to pick Chase up. We were back at the house by about 4:45. How wonderful is this!?!?! No more rushing home and arriving at 6:15 p.m. to a screaming and whaling 1 year old and 4 year old because they are starving. I am so happy! I really hope this works out and kudos to my work for allowing me to do it! Did I fail to mention I LOVE my job? Only on almost every post here. I know your tired of hearing it. But hey, "I LOVE MY JOB!!"

So today I think I am going to break down and go buy that micro-suede comforter I was wanting. I haven't bought a new comforter since Skyler was born and it was so comfy and luxurious. I think I deserve a new comforter. Don't you!?! I know Jonathan is going to be like, "What the hell do we need a new comforter for? The old one is perfectly fine." Men just don't understand women and their household needs sometimes. Not to mention most people spend 8 hours a day/night in their beds. So you gotta be comfy!

Speaking of comfy, do you know my lazy a-- still hasn't put those darned 500 thread count sheets on the bed yet. Where are they you ask? Why they are still in the dryer from their Sunday washing.

So we are 52 days away from our cruise! Woohoo! And now we also have the St. Thomas trip to look forward to. Seems that Jonathan deleted the original email from the company that came back in June where it originally told where we would actually be going. So we still don't know where the hell we are staying. Now this is bothersome to a pre-planner like me. I want to know exactly where we are staying and I want to know NOW so I can pre-plan people! I mean I need to make decisions like if we want to get a rental car for the trip, where we might dine, where I want to shop. I just want to KNOW!!! I don't sound anal here do I? Uh, don't answer that please. :-)

I do think it is funny that we will be in St. Thomas one week and then on our cruise the next week one of our stops is.... why St. Thomas! So we will be there twice in two weeks. I think that on the day our ship docks in St. Thomas we'll just stay on board and partake in an empty ship. We never stay on board on port days. We always get off. The spas and other areas have specials on those days because 95% of the people get off. So this will be cool to kind of have the entire boat to roam with not so many people.

Did I fail to mention that Jonathan also won another certificate for another cruise next year? It's only for one person, we'll have to pay for the other. But who can argue with that, huh? So poor us, looks like we will soon start making plans for another cruise in late winter. I just say this because someone I know kind of made fun of Jonathan's job. I mean he isn't an executive or anything and some would consider his profession a bit "redneck" considering where he works. But I work in an office situation and we don't win nice vacations like this. And neither do any of our hoity-toity members. So there!

I once heard someone in my work field say, "There are two kinds of people in this world. You have your NASCAR folks and you have your people who enjoy a good game of golf." Well my husband does both, so where does that leave him? Don't you just hate uppity people who think others are beneath them?

Ok, how I got off on that I don't know. But anyway enough yakking for today. Later!

Bet Gone Bad... Monica; 12:25 PM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks quite pretty in his new shirt. I'm glad he likes it.

We keep wanting/dreaming of a cruise sometime but the timing and budgeting is always wrong. Couple of years down the road when our daughter can enjoy it without being so dependent on Mommy. Congratulations on the vacation. I hope you get all the relaxation you need.

2:30 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

You are so lucky to be able to go on all these vacations. I would be happy with just one cruise in my lifetime!
Lucky girl!
competition is always good and they don't look upset about it. all in good fun.
When you go on all this fun, ya better take lots of pics!
Sounds like your new work days are going to work out for you well. Were you able to cut down on the babysitting bill?
Take Care Monica!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow! Two cruises! Thats awesome! If thats what a redneck job will get you, then bring it on! LOL.. we never get cruises or vaations, sometimes a travel mug or two..lol
So, Skylar did get into public school then. Is she liking it ok? I am glad. Also it is very cool that your job is letting you change your hours.. I love employers that are mom friendly. Take care!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com