Pieces of Us...
Back to the Grind - Monday, September 19, 2005

Ugh, I can't believe I have to go back to work today. It was nice having a 3 day weekend. Chase went home with my parents since Jonathan was going to be away all weekend. And I kept Skyler here with me. On Friday we had a "girl's night out" and went to see
March of the Penguins. Let me just say one thing about the movie. It was not really a movie, it was a documentary. Skyler was totally bored after about 15 minutes. I mean we could have watched the same thing at home on the Discovery Channel instead of paying $15.00 to see it at the movies. It was cute and if I had seen it at home for free, then it would have been great. But it definately wasn't what I expected. Skyler was bored and kept on asking questions. She usually doesn't talk during movies, but this one did not hold her interest. At least she was asking questions about the movie. But it was still annyoing. If I take her to see a Disney movie or a cartoon or something, she sits there staring at the screen. But this one definately didn't hold her attention. Can't say that I blame her really. I had read so many reviews about it. I really didn't want to take Skyler to see it, but we had basically seen everythng else. Skyler really wants to see Chicken Little. But it doesn't come out until November 4th.

On Saturday we went out to eat with my friend Sam to Outback. And then we ran over to the mall to pick up some Clinique as they were having their "Clinique Bonus Time." I have no idea why I still buy the expensive makeup. I'm sure I would be just as well off with something from Cover Girl, etc. I just started buying Clinique when I was about 15 because my cousin wore it. And I've kind of been wearing it ever since.

Then yesterday we went to the mall AGAIN because dang JCPenney's didn't have their white sale until Sunday, no not Saturday, but it didn't start until Sunday. I have always wanted a set of 400 thread count sheets. I have a set of 300 and they are really nice, so I thought a set of 400 would just be luxurious. Well we get there and they have a set of 500 thread count! So we bought the sheets and sat there and wondered whether or not to buy a
micro suede comforter. It was so nice and fluffy and I haven't bought a new comforter in about 5 years. We pondered and decided we would think about it. By the time we went to eat and then go back and get it, Penney's was already closed. So I guess that was my cue that I didn't need it after all. I washed my new sheets last night, but was too lazy to put them on the bed. So maybe today I'll get around to putting them on the bed.

So sounds like I had an exciting weekend, how about you?

Jonathan got home last night around 9:00 with Little Man. Little Man was too pooped to party, so after giving him massive amounts of hugs and smooches, I took him on up to bed. Skyler was excited to see her daddy. She hadn't seen him since Wednesday morning. Chase didn't seem to really care whether or not to see me. But I had just seen him on Friday morning. I think he was just excited to see his Sissy and he wanted to get down in the floor and wrestle with her.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning and everyone is already off to work and school, so I had a few minutes to myself and thought I would update the ole journal.

I received a message on myspace the other day from a fellow graduate from my old high school. I'm originally from Church Hill, Tennessee. This guy graduated in 1985, a few years before me. But how cool is it to hear from someone from your old hometown. He also has a website:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kyandalf/

I would love to hear from some old high school buddies. I actually belong to classmates.com and have come across a few old friends. But it seems whenever I send someone a message they either don't get it or don't respond. That really sucks. I also ran across an old Army family/friends we had met in Germany. So how cool was that! We have emailed each other a few times, but I can't never seem to sit down and give her a call. I really thought I would call my old high school friend and our friends from Germany while I was at convention and had some evening time to myself. But I'll be damned if my frigging phone didn't work way up there in the mountains. Piss on Sprint! No, Verizon, Alltell, etc. everybody worked except for Sprint! Dangit!

Anyway, enough bitching for one day. I've gotta get my butt outta here and on to the doctor's office. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of updating the ole journal again. Later!
Back to the Grind
Monica; 7:22 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I thought that movie would be a documentary myself. I don't go to the movies because i have a hard time watching the 5 free a week from work.
Glad that everyone is ok.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Mallard said...

It's a mixed feeling catching up with old school friends... a few years' ago i caught up with a girl I went to Primary School with 26 years ago! It was good but different!

Haven't heard of that flick, but I'll give it a miss, i think!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow! Sounds like life has been busy. I was really looking forward to taking the kids to see March of the Penguins, but now maybe I will wait for the DVD. Thanks for saving me the frustration! LOL.. Hey your on myspace? Thats cool, I have gotten in touch with so many old friends it isn't even funny. Look me up sometime. http://www.myspace.com/marypratt
Hope everything else is well!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com