Pieces of Us...
Finally an Update.... - Saturday, August 20, 2005

Where have I been? I've been so busy my head is spinning like a top! Things are just absolutely crazy at work. It always gets this way before convention, but it's been extra bad this year becasue one of the events girls is out on maternity leave. Sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode!!

Things have gotten so bad that I haven't been able to sleep. For 3 weeks I've been going on like 3 hours of sleep a night. I lay down at 10:30 or 11:00 and it's 2:00 or so before I fall asleep. You can only take so much of that before you go over the edge. I couldn't think straight at work. My mind would race and then I'd just draw a blank. It got so bad I finally went to the doctor. He prescribed me Ambien. Now as you may know, I'm not a person who likes to take medication. My parents are on so much medication, I don't know how they function. But I was just going crazy!

So I came home the first night and took the pill right before going to bed. The directions say to take it and immediately lay down because they act fast. I'm thinking, nothing acts fast on me. I've got awhile. So I took it about 9:30 p.m. after getting Skyler in bed. After about 10 minutes as I was sitting there watching The Young and the Restless on the DVR, Nicholas had 2 heads.... And Sharon had 8 eyes!!! I was freaking out! So I stood up to go to the bathroom and I was like banging into the walls and feeling light headed. I felt like I was stoned!! But I'll tell you one thing, I slept like a baby. Even Jonathan's snoring didn't wake me up. He said I remained in the same position all night. That's unheard of becasue I normally toss and turn like you wouldn't believe.

And the good thing was, I woke up the next morning at 5:30 a.m. with no problems. It was WONDERFUL. I just don't want to get hooked on anything. But then yesteday I looked at the paperwork from the pharmacist on the drug and it said it was a halucanagenic! Geeze! I'm a druggie! I don't care, I can be a druggie who gets some sleep and can actually function!

As you probably know, I get Friday afternoons off at work. I work enough hours during the first 4 days and I leave early on Fridays to run errands. I.e., grocery shopping, paying bills, buying clothes for the kids, etc. It's just nice to get off work at noon on Friday and get all of my running done so I can come home on the weekend and not have to worry about taking the kids with me. So anyway, yesteday I decided I wasn't going to do squat, but come home and have some "me time."

So I came home and got on the computer. I downloaded a program called "Skype" and I commenced to chat with two people for about 5 hours! Geeze, I haven't chatted with anyone in AGES. I mean like since 1999. I found a really nice guy from Italy and a really nice girl from India who is living in Canada. We all chatted for hours. It was really cool. I've forgotten how much fun it was to chat. You just have to be careful. Back in the mid 90's I was chatting a couple of hours a night. I guess it's no worse than watching television. But then after we returned from Korea and moved to NC, I never really chat again. And then after the kids came... Well chatting was the last thing on my mind. But after chatting with a couple of people today and yesterday, I realized how much fun it was.

Ok, I spoke too soon about how much fun chatting was. I was just skyped by someone and you know how your picture can come up when chatting, well this was a picture of someone's private parts! Yuck!!!!

Anyway, things have just been crazy around here this week. I don't know if I mentioned to you or not, but Jonathan is in the running at work to win an all expense paid vacation for 5 days to St. Thomas. Last month he was 11th (they are taking 10), but as of yesterday he was number 6!!!! So if things keep going well, we may be going to St. Thomas in the near future!!! How fun would that be? So he has gone to Wytheville, VA to pick up some more tires to sell over the weekend so he can win the contest. Keep your fingers crossed that he will win! I could sure as heck use a vacation right now. And we've been to St. Thomas on a cruise before, so going there and staying at a resort for a few days would certainly be refreshing. So keep your fingers crossed that he will win!

The kids are driving me absolutely batty. I guess it's just been tougher because of the no sleep thing. I took another pill last night and slept like a baby. At least Skyler is sleeping through the night again. I just know that soon Chase will start this waking up crap, like Skyler did. Hopefully she is finished with the waking up phase for awhile. I think they were getting on my nerves a little more because of the lack of sleep. I have been catching myself about to lose it on more than one occasion.

Even yesterday Jonathan, Skyler, Chase and I went out to eat dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. It was the first time we had ever put Chase in a highchair while we were eating out. We are horrible and still have the poor little thing in his infant car seat. So anyway, we took him to the restaurant and put him in his highchair. He is one of these babies that if he gets his hands on anything, he slings it to the floor. So we moved everything out of his reach. But he wasn't very happy. He squealed and carried on the entire time. I guess it's going to be a lot different with him than it was with Skyler. She was always so calm and so nice at dinner when we ate out. He is going to be hell on wheels. He is definately "all boy."


If you could see my house right now. There is probably 2000 small pieces of toys laying around on the floor. Skyler has this play kitchen with two tons of play food and Chase has managed to drag out every single piece of food Skyler owns. It is a t-total mess. I can't even think about picking it up at the moment though.

Tonight I am going out with the girls!! Yippeee!! Jonathan is the one who said I should call up my friends and ask them if they wanted to go out. But I never seem to have the energy, so I didn't. But then this afternoon, one of them called and asked me. So I thought, "Well Jonathan has already suggested it. So why not!" I'm not even sure what we are going to do. We are all so boring. We normally go out to eat, maybe a movie or go shopping at the mall. We are such exciting girls! Tonight's plan is eating at The Outback. Yum.... I love Outback's lobster tails. They are delicious! Not sure what we will do afterwards. There isn't any particular movie we want to see or anything. But at least it's a night out of the house and away from the kids.

Well I think I have run out of things to say. My life is so boring. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe!

Finally an Update....
Monica; 10:19 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Mallard said...

I've been reading thru your blog posts even if I haven't been leaving a comment! Life continues to be full for you all over there - good to see. Aint the kidlets growing up fast? Gosh! Good to see.
Cyalayta
Mal :o)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Life is boring? I can't imagine how you could think you were boring with a great job and two busy kids! LOL.. sounds like your life is perfect!

9:26 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

You never bore me monica, i love to read about your life. It's so interesting and you have a geniune love for your kids and it shows, even when your mad at skyler.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com