Pieces of Us...
Another Update!! - Sunday, August 21, 2005

I bet you can't beeeliiiieeeevveee I am updating again! No not me, never! I have probably spent more time on this computer in the last couple of days than I have in months! I don't know what has gotten into me. I know one thing, I need to get my a-- doing something around the house, i.e., picking up, doing laundry, etc. But I'm just 'not in the mood'. Oh well, so what if my house stays dirty for one week. At least I'm enjoying myself.

Speaking of enjoying myself... Like I mentioned yesterday, Jonathan was gone all day to Wytheville, VA to pick up some tires to sell so he could attempt to win the contest. Yippee!!! As soon as he made it back with the tires, he sold 6 right there and then. So I am hoping we are still in the running! St. Thomas here we come. I am going to be so disappointed if he doesn't win. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Anyway, after he got back, I went to dinner with two of my friends, Sam and Lynn. Today is Sam's birthday, so we thought we would go out and celebrate her birthday the typical boring, married lady way... Dinner, of course. So we went to Outback. I had two delicious lobster tails annndddd yes, a fuzzy navel!!! I couldn' tell you the last time I have had an alcoholic drink. It was heaven. But you know me, I've never been much of a drinker, so one was all I could handle. I had to drive myself home and since I've been taking this medication, I thought one was enough. Now that Jonathan can't drink anymore I definitely don't want to drink in front of him or anything. I may only have 3 drinks in an entire year anyway, so it's not like I'm an alcoholic or anything. I've just never really enjoyed drinking. Go figure. I guess that's a good thing, right?


Being home all day cooped up in the house with both kids almost drove me bonkers. Normally Jonathan is here to help. I KNOW there is no way in he-- that I could be a SAHM. Sorry girls. I really don't know how you do it. By 6:15 p.m. when Jonathan walked in the door, I was ready to pull my hair out. I was feeding Chase his supper and as soon as Jonathan walked in the door, I handed the bowl to him, told him and Chase goodbye and I was outta there. I didn't even tell Skyler goodbye because I figured she might throw a fit and want to go with me. I don't go anywhere very often without her, so she would not have taken too kindly to me walking out the door without her. Most my my "girls' nights out" include me and Skyler going to dinner and a movie.

I guess we will head to the waterpark today. It's pretty sad that we only have a few more weeks before it closes. This summer has gone by so fast. I can't believe Chase is one year old and Skyler will be 4 on Tuesday. It seems like both of them were just born yesterday. They really grow up before you know it. I know everyone always says that, but until you have your own kids, you really don't realize how fast they grow. I know before we know it, Skyler will be dating and Chase will be driving. The thoughts of that just sends shivers down my spine. Yikes!

Well this is going to be a short one today. I need to get the old bathing suit on and get Punk ready for the water park. Until we meet again...
Another Update!!
Monica; 10:00 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Good luck with the sales contest! My hubby and I are going on a cruise next fall.. and I am seriously already counting down the days.
I am happy that there is another fabulous mother in the world who could not possibly be a stay at home mom.. I thought I was all alone in that. Glad to see I am not..
Have a great week!

9:17 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm crossing everything that i have for you and your hubby to go on that vacation.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

I love those homemade pizzas - yummie!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com