Pieces of Us...
You Know Your A Redneck When.... - Saturday, July 16, 2005


You know your a redneck when you go to a child's birthday party and you think it's fun to hook up the riding lawnmower and a couple of little wagons to make a "Choo Choo Train." Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We went to one of Jonathan's co-worker's little boy's birthday party today. They had their backyard set up really cute with lots of stuff for the kids to play with, including this little "train." Skyler had a great time. Jonathan's friend is married to a girl from Mexico. According to his friend, they are notoriously late. He told them the party started at 10:00 a.m. so they would be on time. The party actually started at 2:00 p.m. So we showed up fashionably late around 2:30 and there was only one other family there. By 4:00 p.m. I was feeling pretty sorry for the little boy that no one other than his grandmother and grandpa and a friend or two was going to show up. Then finally around 5:30 all of the family and friends showed up. Three and a half hours late no less!

She had a great time though. He had set up a little kitty pool and put the slide from the swingset with a water hose on it. The kids did lots of sliding. He had also set up a soccer field for the little kids to play on. When everyone finally showed up around 5:30, it was a mad house. We were all exhausted by then and finally headed out about 6:30 or so. I am too pooped to party. I'm glad we got Skyler down for an early nap before we left. Otherwise there would have been hell to pay.

Tomorrow we are planning on going to the lake with the boat. I'm looking forward to it. We had a great time last weekend when we took it out. Skyler is getting braver in the water, but we still can't get her to stick her face in the water. I guess it will all come in time. At least she isn't screaming and hanging around your neck without letting go anymore. Girlfriend would practically strangle you and not let loose, just two weeks ago. So she's come a long way already.

Little man ate his first cupcake today. Unfortunately, I had left the camera outside in the stroller and didn't get a pic of it. He took one little lick, his eyes got really big and then he went in head first. He was loving him some cupcake that's for sure. I think Skyler had enough sweets to kill a cow. She'll probably be bouncing off the walls tonight.

Next weekend I leave for a work trip to Wilmington. I'm really looking forward to it. As I've mentioned before, it's not a really big meeting, only about 180 people from 5 different states. It's nice to get away sometimes, even if it's for work. At least my parents are coming over to help Jonathan with the kids.

We are thinking about canceling our cruise in November. With two kids now and two daycares and all the medical bills.... Money has just become pretty tight. I mean we make really good money, but it just seems the more you make, the more you spend. $800 a month going out in daycare doesn't help either. I'm hoping and praying that Skyler gets into headstart this year. That way I won't have to pay for the private school. The way headstart works around her is they take the kids that need the most help first. I.e., the ones who can't say their ABC's, know their colors, can't count, etc. Then if they have any spaces left, they draw a lottery. So I'm not sure what her chances of getting in are. I don't think she would get in during the first round. Girlfriend has been saying her ABC's since she was 15 months old. She can count to 50 and can recognize letters. So I don't think she would fall into the category or needing extra help. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll get in with the lottery. Let's keep our fingers crossed. That would be approximately $350 a month of daycare off of us. Of course we will still have to pay for after school care, but that's better than private school tuition AND after school care.

Has anyone been watching the new show Rock Star - Inxs. I have to say it's a pretty good show. Much better than American Idol because the singers a much better. I just think it's pretty weird that Inxs is doing a show to find a new lead singer. Apparently the previous lead singer, Michael Hutchence supposedly committed suicide in 1997. Geeze, it doesn't seem that long ago, but it's been almost 10 years. I'm definitely getting old. Anyway, so now the aging rock group is looking for a new lead singer. I've been watching it and it's decent.

Skyler and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. I have just one word for the movie.... weird. I mean this movie was freaky. Of course, I didn't enjoy the first one, so I knew I probably wouldn't like this one. That is just one freaky book, let me tell you. Johnny Depp was good as always, the whole movie was just, well weird. Skyler enjoyed it though, so that's all that matters. She really likes going to the movies now and it's a time she and I can do something together without Little Man and daddy around. Our "girl's night out" as we like to call it.

Well I hate to cut it short today, but Chase is sitting at my feet boo-hooing because he is ready to go night night. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm outta here!

You Know Your A Redneck When....
Monica; 7:14 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Isn't it a sin not to love willy wonka and the chocolate factory?lol
I like it mostly except the part when they ride in the boat and gene wilder is singing. I really don't like that part.

I heard and do fashionably late but 3 hours...wtf? lol poor kids.

have fun on your trip. It must be nice.

I know what it is like to struggle for money..i'm doing that right now for the trip we are suppose to be taking the first of August. I am hoping to shift things enough to go. We also have a camping trip in the middle of August.

You spend alot of money on your kids. Wow! I'm glad i had a great neighbor (she ran a daycare from her house), and my mom that watched my kids.
Now my husband works days and i work nights. It works out for us much better this way. Besides if we don't see eachother how can we fight.lol..

2:56 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

So long as the kids enjoyed themselves - go for it!

How could you possibly EVER Top "Willy Wonka"?!? Ack! lol

Cyalayta
Mal :)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the comment on my site.. I am not looking forward to the actual moving part, but the house is exactly what we want.

I am most certainly a redneck then.. and can't even count how many times my kids have been amused riding around on a lawn tractor!LOL

I think that it is fantastic that you have a girls night out with your daughter. Those are the kind of things that make a mother daughter relationship so great.

Good luck with the daycare thing!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how could they be THAT late to the party. WOW!!! Oh well....different strokes I guess.

I'm in visiting from blogging mommies and thought you had a great blog. I'll be back :)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com