Pieces of Us...
Sick Again..... - Friday, July 22, 2005

Here is a shout out to new reader Kate! Thanks for stopping by. Kate is into scrapbooking. I would love to be talented and have enough time and patience to get into scrapbooking. What a cool way to make memories of your children. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back soon!

It never fails, someone in this house is ALWAYS sick. We were in the process of getting Skyler and Chase better when BAM, I get sick. I started feeling really crappy the other day and by mid-afternoon, I was dead to the world. I also hurt my back and ended up having to call off work on Monday. I still feel like crap, but the major yuckiness only lasted for about 48 hours or so. Now Jonathan is sick with it. And you know men, they drag it out forever.... I also heard Skyler coughing again last night, so I'm hoping and praying that she doesn't come down with it again. That would be a major bummer. It seems I get sick almost every time or every other time the kids get sick. But Jonathan is lucky, he only gets sick about every 7th time the kids get sick. Damn him! Nah, I'm glad he has a better immune system than the rest of us. But it looks like the kids have inherited my health genes instead of his. That sucks.

Jonathan took Skyler to her swimming lesson by himself on Monday. She finally learned to jump into the pool on her own! Woohoo! Now she will run and jump in. I'm impressed! I didn't learn how to do that until I was 9 years old, so she is a good 6 years ahead of me. Now we need to work on her actually "swimming" without the life preserver thing around her waist. All in good time, I'm sure. I'm really proud of her though. Just a few short weeks ago girlfriend wouldn't even let go of you in the water. I mean she would have a "death grip" around your neck. Now she is running and jumping in on her own. So she has come a long way baby!


All in all it's been a pretty good week. Well except for the getting sick part. Monday I was sick and Jonathan had to take the kids to daycare, pick them up and then take Skyler to swimming lessons at the Y. I had the entire house to myself all day long. Even though I was sick, it was nice to have a peaceful, untinterrupted day all to myself.

Tuesday I went back to work, picked the kids up after work, and then took Skyler to gymnastics.

Wednesday it was another swimming lesson at the Y for Skyler. Jonathan went with us for this one. Well actually all 4 of us went. Little Man had to get in on the action to, you know. Can't leave him out. Although I know he was just dying to get out of his stroller and take a dive into the pool. I even took the video camera and the digital camera to her swimming lesson on Wednesday. I'll get the pics downloaded and put a few up in the next post or two. After that we went to dinner at Lonestar and then home for baths and bedtime.

Thursday we actually stayed home. Jonathan was sicker than a dog and fell asleep on the couch as soon as he got home. He is feeling a little better today, but he isn't back 100% yet. So it was a boring night at the house last night.

And tonight we just stayed at home again. I even cooked! Can you believe that one! Of course cooking for me means something that can be thrown together in 15 minutes or less. It was this canned chicken and vegetables and I put clumps of Bisquick on top to make kind of a chicken pot pie. It was actually pretty good. Jonathan ate the entire dish! Skyler of course wouldn't eat it. She kept saying, "Mommy that is nasty!" Geeze, look what I have to look forward to. Someone who is as picky as me when it comes to food. Little Man, of course, will eat anything you put in front of him. Obviously he liked it to because he had two helpings, just like his daddy!

Sunday I leave on a business trip. I must be a really bad mommy, because I am actually looking forward to being away from the kids for a few days. It kind of makes me feel guilty. But I've been reading Jane's journal and realized that lots of moms feel guilty about stuff. It's nice to hear it from someone else's mouth. I mean I like getting a break from my kids. I enjoy going on my business trips, staying in nice hotels, eating nice meals with my co-workers and not dealing with the day-to-day "mommy routine." Does that make me a bad mom? I certainly hope not.

Sometimes when I read other mothers' journals and they talk about how they spend 24/7 with their kids and how they couldn't STAND to spend even one moment away from their child.... Well I just don't feel like that. But does it make me a bad mom? I certainly hope not. Sometimes I wonder if it gets back to Jonathan and I waiting so damn long to have kids. We should have had the kids much earlier, that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything in the world. But I actually enjoy going to work every day. I enjoy the breaks I get from home life when I travel for work. And I also enjoy Jonathan and I taking vacations without the kids. So sue me!

Getting back to my business trip... I leave on Sunday and won't be back until Thursday, so there won't be any posts while I'm gone. I usually take one of the Wi-Fi laptops from work, but with so many of us going to the conference, I'm sure I won't be able to get my hands on one. This conference is going to be great because it's pretty small, only 200 or so attendees. And the best news is, it's not my department that is in charge! So woohoo! I'm just a plain ole worker at this conference. Yeah! The lady who has done this particular conference has done it 100% on her own. It was her first conference and I think she has done an outstanding job. Way to go P!! I'm sure everything is going to run smoothly.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough for today. I have absolutely nothing else to talk about. I probably won't post again until next weekend since I will be gone most of the week. Hope everyone has a great week!


"Come on Mom, let me rest!"
Sick Again.....
Monica; 8:26 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I used to feel guilty about spending time away from my kids, especially working the long hours that I work, but then I realized that it isn't that you have to be with them 24/7.. its all about making the time you do spend with them count. So now I just try to make sure to spend more time playing or reading with them..

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited!!!!! I've never had a shout out before!!! Thanks and dito on what Mary said.

8:40 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I guess i am guilty of being a bad mother if i enjoy going to work rather being at home all the time with my kids...i love them but my 7 to 8 hours at work gets me away from the fights the 2 have and mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mommmmmmmmmmmmmm mommmmmmmmm all day long...
I would love to have a job that got me away for a few days. I'm secure with doing that if i know that they are ok where they are at. which would probably be with their dad or my mother's..best friend or our good neighbor.

have fun!!!!! enjoy!!!

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com