Pieces of Us...
A Long Weekend... - Friday, July 01, 2005
Can you believe this year is more than half over? This year is absolutely flying by. I just had my 35th birthday. Sometimes I sit back and I can't believe that I am 35 years old. THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OLD!!! Geeze! Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday I was back in high school.

I remember when the song 1999 by Prince came out (I think around 1984 or so). I said to myself,

"I will be 29 years old in 1999. That's a life time from now. Oh my gosh, I will be so OLD then!"

How stupid do I feel now? Now I think 50 isn't even that old. I guess that's just part of growing up and getting older, huh? I know when Skyler and Chase are teenagers they are going to think that 30 is so old! I know I used to think that.



So anyway, off the age thing. Not much going on at the house this week. Both kids are still sick, which is a bummer. It's so sad to see Little Man with a croupy cough. I think Skyler is FINALLY getting over it. I took them both to the doctor on Wednesday. Skyler has bronchitis and Chase has the beginning of bronchitis and an ear infection. So both are now on antibiotics. Fun. At least I can get Skyler to take the antibiotic. It takes an Act of Congress to get girlfriend to take medicine! She can be so pig headed sometimes. Hmmmm, wonder who she takes that after?



We have a long holiday weekend, so we are heading home to Tennessee. We are also taking the boat home with us. Can you believe we had had the thing since last July and haven't taken it out once! Not even ONE time!?!? I tried to tell Jonathan when he bought the damn thing that we wouldn't have time to go out on a boat when we both work full time and our kids are so small. I mean a boat will be great when they are older. But who wants to take a 3 year old and a baby out on a boat? Geeze. Men. You know how they get, when they get something in their mind that they absolutely MUST have, there is no stopping them. At least I finally talked him out of a Harley.

I am looking forward to going out on the boat. We are going to leave Chase with mom, but take Skyler with us. Skyler is beside herself with excitement. She has been on a boat before. My parents and my aunt and uncle have pontoon boats. But she has never been on "her boat" as she calls it. She also has a brand new Little Mermaid lifejacket that she is looking forward to wearing.

When Jonathan took the cover off of the boat a few days ago, it was all moldy and nasty. Seems he put the cover on it last summer after it we had it cleaned and it was still wet. Hence two tons of mold now cover the interior of the boat. We spent $100 to have the boat detailed by one of his co-workers last year when we bought it and now it looks worse than before! Yuck!


Not to mention the fact that while this guy was cleaning said boat, Jonathan neglected to put his truck emergency brake on, so the guy who was cleaning the boat AND the boat rolled down the hill. As said boat rolled down the hill, with said person inside the boat, it ran over one of the seats. So we had to spend $300 to replace the seat. The bad part is, when Jonathan parked the boat and truck, I said to him,

"Jonathan did you put the emergency brake on? You probably should put some cinder blocks behind those wheels."

Jonathan told me to keep my mouth shut, so when the boat rolled down the hill. Well I couldn't do anything but gloat. So shoot me!

Anyway, last night, the same guy who cleaned it last year, came back to clean it again. Geeze. My husband's motto is, "Why do something myself when I can pay someone else to do it for me." I guess I don't have much room to talk, because I do have a girl that comes in and cleans house for me every other week.



For the last two weeks Jonathan has been working some really long hours. He has been really stressed out. He had this big grand opening at the shop, end of year counts, "big dogs" coming down from corporate, etc. Sometimes I don't realize how much Jonathan actually helps me out with the kids until he isn't there. I usually pick them both up every day and have them fed by the time he gets home from work, but just getting them bathed and in the bed... When he isn't there, it's a big change. I really wonder how single parents do it sometimes. For all you single parents out there, I commend you. It's a damn hard job I'm sure. It's a hard job when there are two parents in the house, so I can only imagine how hard it is when there is only one.

He really needs the days off to take a breather from the stresses at work. He had 8 tires stolen last week. That really sucks. What sucks even worse is that it had to be an employee. How crappy would it be knowing that one of your own employees is a thief! Figuring out who did it is going to be a pain in the ass I'm sure. The sad thing is, the manager is the one who takes the blame. I mean he could be fired over something like this. Never mind that the tires are always locked. When you have other employees who have access, it's just really hard to prove who did it.

I'm lucky I work in an office and I'm not a Manager, so I'm not responsible for stuff like that. I don't think I would make a great manager. I like being the "low man on the totem pole" sometimes. At least I don't have to worry about losing my job because of other people's screw ups.


If any of you read Allison at Allison's Wonderland, she had her baby this week. So congratulations to Aaron and Allison! She is still in the hospital and wanted to update her readers herself, so we don't know what he weighed or what they finally named him. hopefully she will update over the weekend.


Man it really sucks when you don't have anything else to talk about. I guess it just proves what a boring life I am leading at the moment. No excitement going on here. Hopefully I will have more excitement to tell you about when we return from TN. I'm just looking forward to being home again and seeing my parents. I haven't been home since Easter.

I guess I will update when I get back. Take care and hope everyone has a Happy AND Safe 4th of July!!!



How hard do you think it will be to break this habit?


"Strike a Pose"
A Long Weekend...
Monica; 10:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com