Pieces of Us...
Just Stuff... - Monday, July 11, 2005
Let's see, we had a really busy weekend. On Friday I left work around 12:00 and ran my errands. I decided Skyler and I needed a "girl's night out" together, so I thought we would go to the movies. We went to see Madagascar. It was quite the cute movie and Skyler really enjoyed it. I didn't realize it but at the theater we went to, if you see a movie between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. the cost is only $4.25. Skyler is only 3 and gets in free, so we saw a movie for $4.25. Not bad in this day and age. The only setback was when we got our drinks and popcorn, it was $12.00! Geeze! Next time I'll know that we can share instead of ordering her the kid's version and myself a drink and small popcorn. Live and learn I guess!

It's pretty cool because they have little booster seats for the kids. We picked one up and went into the theater. She really enjoyed herself. She sat through the entire movie and all in all was pretty quiet. She laughed out loud a few times and asked some questions, but other than that, she was really good. I think we will try and go see more movies together in the future. The only other movie I have taken her to was Shrek 2.


Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. It was Jonathan's day to sleep in, but he had to get up and mow the yard. He hadn't mowed it in like 3 weeks. If he mows it twice a month, I'm lucky. Our yard looked like the neighborhood jungle. It's pretty bad when your poor old neighbor who has had like 3 heart attacks has to hollar at you and say,

"Guess Jonathan has really been working a lot here lately! Looks like your hard needs some tending to."

Now how how embarrassing is that? Jonathan doesn't get embarrassed at all. Yard work is not an enjoyment for him. I guess kind of how cooking isn't an enjoyment for me.

So anyway, he got up around 9:15 and mowed the yard and then later that afternoon we decided to take the boat out. We have never taken Little Man out on the boat before, so this was going to be a first. It was a chore just getting the boat and the kids ready to go. By the time we had eaten lunch, given Chase his nap and got everything ready, it was after 3:00! So we headed to a local marina someone had told us about to put the boat in. Imagine my surprise when it cost us $10.00 to put the boat in! Geeza Wheeza WTF?!?! $10.00 for the pleasure of putting our boat in ourselves! Back home in Tennessee it costs, um NOTHING! Geeze! I guess we won't be taking our butts to that marina again. The sad thing is there were probably 100 boats that were putting in that day. These people are making a killing!

So we got the boat in and was on our merry way. Skyler isn't all into riding on the boat, she really likes to just get out and swim in the water. It was quite funny to see Little Man in his life jacket. He looked like a miniature mummy. He didn't cry or anything. He was a real trooper! But you could tell he was miserable in his life jacket. One of us had to stay in the boat with him while the other one swam with Skyler. Since Chase has had so many ear infections, I didn't want to put him in the water. I sat on the back of the boat with him and put his legs in, but I didn't fully put him down in the water. It was a great afternoon and we were all pooped by the time we got home.

Sunday was my day to sleep in, so I slept in until about 9:30. Jonathan got up with Chase and Skyler around 7:30 and had them fed before I was up. Skyler really wanted to go to the water park, so she and I headed to the water park around 2:30 and stayed until well after 6:00. As we were coming home Skyler said the nicest thing to me. She said,

"Mommy, today has been a happy day. I had so much fun with you. I love you so much."

Now let's all say, "Aaaaahhhhhh." How sweet was that? I'll think back on days like this when she is about 15 and can't stand the sight of me.

We got home and grilled some hamburgers out on the grill and ended the evening together. All in all, it was a pretty great weekend. Now I guess you know why I never get anything done around the house. I guess it's just hard when you work full time. I feel so guilty and I want to spend all of my time with the kids, enjoying my time with them. Who wants to clean house and wash clothes and run errands. That's one reason why I like getting off early on Fridays. I can get most of my weekly running done before I pick the kids up. The grocery shopping, throw a few loads of laundry in, pay some bills, etc.

The bad news was Chase hasn't been napping well and has been really grumpy. Usually when that happens, it means one thing... An ear infection. So the babysitter was nice enough to take him to the doctor today so neither one of us had to miss work. And the news was, as usual, Little Man has 2 ear infections! Geeze. No wonder the little guy is so grumpy. I'm sure an evening out on the windy boat didn't make him feel any better. But he never once complained. He even slept some in his uncomfortable little life jacket. I wish I had taken the camera. He looked quite cute.

Then today, Monday, Skyler had her first swimming lesson at the YMCA. She did great! She was the only 3 year old in with four 5 year olds and she did better than any of them! She was so proud of herself. She has learned a lot from going to the lake and water park, but she still doesn't know how to "officially" swim. So we thought swimming lessons would do a lot for her.

Tomorrow girlfriend has gymnastics and then on Wednesday she has another swimming lesson. Can you say 3 year old overload! The bad thing is she loves staying busy. If we stay home one day on the weekend she is like, "Mommy where are we going today." She can't stand to stay home any more than I can. Jonathan has always called her a "Go Go Go Girl." The name is quite appropriate.

Well I think I will end for now and take myself upstairs to watch a rerun of Grey's Anatomy. What a cool show! You must catch it sometime if you get the chance.

Until next time.....

Just Stuff... Monica; 9:04 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I completely understand how you feel with being a working mom and just wanting to spend time with your kids. Of course no one really ever wants to clean, but I would much rather spend the day doing something fun with the kids then actually cleaning. Your kids sound amazing..

10:53 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

awwwww...see, just when you say everything bad about your daughter she pulls on a sly one..lol my daughter will do the same thing.

your one busy mom, i think we both need vacations..:)

me and frank try and do more quality time with the kids since we both work so hard, but its just way to hard to work it in.

sounds like skyler is really liking the special attention.

Hope chase feels better soon! It's not fun having sick kids.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com