Pieces of Us...
I'm Loving the New iPod! - Wednesday, July 13, 2005
I have to tell you, I am loving my new iPod! I downloaded my first Podcast the other day and I must say, I am HOOKED! Yessiree! I'm loving me some Podcasts. I've tried to get Jonathan to listen to a couple, but he just blows me off. Not that I have time to sit and listen to too many Podcasts or anything, but when Skyler and I lay down to watch our 30 minutes of Max & Ruby or Sponge Bob every night, it's a good time to put the ole iPod headphones on and listen to some Podcasts. I mean please people, how many reruns of Max & Ruby can one mom take!

I don't have much time to write tonight because I want to head upstairs and watch some shows I have on the DVR. Last night's episode of Big Brother and The Closer. We love watching BB. We've watched it every year it comes on. The Closer is a great show to. It stars Kyra Sedgwick and it's a great show. There aren't many programs that Jonathan and I will watch together, but those are two that we both really like.

A big shout out to Mary. I visited your blog and was trying to leave you a comment, but my frigging anti-virus thing has blocked pop-ups from your site for some reason. The thing kills Jonathan. He hates it. He can never open any of his emails from work and what not. I've got to remember to work on that one day. UPDATE: Logged in from work and was able to leave Mary a note.

CONTINUED NEXT DAY...

We ended up staying up until midnight last night watching The Closer and BB6. We hardly ever stay up that late because Skyler is still in the habit of waking up in the middle of the night and keeping Jonathan up for awhile. Well she woke up at 5:00 a.m. this morning and never went back to sleep. Jonathan told her she couldn't get up because it was still night time. But as soon as the sun came out she was bouncing out of bed. Since she was up so early, I just gave her a bath. Both she and Jonathan are going to be hard to deal with today I'm sure. Jonathan cannot function on 5 hours of sleep. He requires at least 8 or he is a total grouch. Skyler will be wiped out by noon today.

Last night we took Skyler to her swimming lesson at the Y. She is doing really well. We just need to have her practice putting her face in the water. She can swim fine with the little floatie thing on her, but she doesn't want to put her face in the water. I guess that's to be expected from most 3 year olds. I definately think she will be swimming by next summer at the latest. I didn't actually learn how to swim until I was 9 and I really want Skyler to learn much earlier. Mainly because we go to the water park weekly and now we have the boat so we go out on it on weekends to.

Anyway, almost the moment her swimming lessons were ending, there was a big crack of lightening and everyone had to get out of the pool. It's an indoor pool, but they still make you get out during thunderstorms. When we got her dressed and started to leave it was a downpour! I told Jonathan to wait a few minutes and it would stop raining so hard, but no, the average man doesn't mind getting a little wet during a rain storm. So he headed off to get the car. He got soaked!! I don't mean just a little wet, but it basically looked like he had just jumped in the pool, pulled himself out and started walking down the street. Even though he pulled up to pick us up, we all got soaked to.

So this morning I open the door to the van and it reaks! I don't know if Jonathan got my seat so wet that it began to stink or what. But it smells like rotten eggs in my car. Nasty! I tried leaving some of the windows open this afternoon to air it out. I even drove into work this morning with the windows down. But the stench is still permeating from the van. Any suggestions? If I can ever find my Febreeze, maybe that would help.

Things at work are starting to pick up pace. Convention is only like 2 months away and we are really kicking it into high gear. I'm looking forward to going to convention this year. It's lots of hard work, but a lot of fun to. Next weekend we are having a fairly large meeting in Wilmington. I'll be gone for about 5 days, so Jonathan will be left back here with the kids. My mom and step dad are supposed to come over from TN to help out. Not that Jonathan can't handle the kids by himself or anything, but extra help when one of us is gone is always nice. Not to mention that Jonathan normally works until 7:00 or 7:30 every night.

Well I've ran out of things to say for now. So I'm outta here!
I'm Loving the New iPod!
Monica; 10:00 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Could it be some food under the seats? A week ago my parents gave us some ribs to take home. Well Frank forgot to take them into the house. After a few days my car stunk so bad it smelled like a dead body. I look at a small piece of bag and pulled it out from underneath the seat and there they were. It took a few days to get the odor out of my van.

hope you find it.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Yeah we thought the same thing, but I don't let the kids eat in the car or anything. We did look all under the seats, in the back, etc. and couldn't find anything. Who knows. It's gradually getting better today though, so I'm thinking it had to be the wet seat.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the shoutout.. I appriciate it.. I also love reading your blog.. Your kids sound great.
As far as your van goes.. Lysol makes spray stuff that has odor reducer or something in it.. It is awesome. We had an issue about a month ago were I am assuming that milk got spilled onto the seat and smelled so so bad. The lysol took care of it!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com