Pieces of Us...
The Weekend... - Sunday, June 26, 2005
Well not much to talk about today. Our weekend was pretty uneventful. We really didn't do much of anything. Next weekend (the 4th of July) we are taking the boat and going home to Tennessee for a 4 day weekend. I dread getting on the roads for that one. Everybody and their brothers hit the highways on holiday weekends. We are stupid, just like them, and do ourselves. We usually like to go home over the 4th though because they have a really nice parade and my parents live right on the street that has the big parade. I was telling Jonathan yesterday that we should get all of our junk together, the kids clothes, old toys, etc. and take it home and have a hellacious yard sale on the day of the parade. But whether or not we will get off our asses and get the stuff together before next weekend... I don't see THAT one happening.



Hell, I can't even remember what we did this weekend. Yesterday we watched a movie while the kids were napping. That's basically the only chance of peace we get on the weekends. We watched The Phone Booth. I give the movie a definite "thumbs down." The ending sucked and just sitting there watching this guy in a phone booth for an hour and a half was boring. I'm sure it was a cheap movie to make, no less.

After an uneventful day of playing with kids, washing clothes and watching a movie we then took the kids to the water park. Skyler really enjoys going. This is the first year she can ride all of the slides and what not by herself. Of course we stand there and watch her at the bottom, but she can walk up to the kiddie slides and slide down all by herself now. She had a really good time.



Jonathan had to into work this afternoon. Hopefully all these hours he has been putting in will come to an end after Tuesday. They are having their big grand opening of the new bays and it has been mid-year counts, so he has been working really long hours and he is really stressed. We've been lucky though, since he went back to the shop, he really hasn't had to work late or work on weekends. A complete change from when he was in the store. So I'm glad he is back in the shop. But sometimes I think he misses the challenges of the store.

Before he left for work I took the kids out to drive their car. Here is a pic:



Cruising Along


Um, can't tell my kids are spoiled can you? No sirreee. I would have LOVED to have had a little car like this when I was growing up. I was deprived!



Since I have absolutely nothing else of interest to talk about today. I'll just leave you with some pics I finally downloaded from the digital picture of our trip to Boone. I realized I didn't talk but like 5. And, unfortunately, I didn't even get one of the little cabin we stayed in. Bummer.









"Don't take my damn picture!
The Weekend...
Monica; 3:43 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I didn't like the phone booth either.

Kids today have all the fun stuff. My kids both have a t.v. in thier rooms with cable no less!!! for cartoon network. I never had that! That car would have cost me alot of begging and i would still have gotten the answer no...lol

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com