Pieces of Us...
I'm Such a Liar... - Friday, June 24, 2005
I know, I know... I promised I would start writing in this journal more often, but damn my life is so busy! We'll start with how I spent my wonderful birthday Wednesday...

Well I was off, so that was good. But I was off because I was SICK! Yes, sick on my birthday. How sucky is that? Skyler has been sick with a cold for over a week now and it finally hit me late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. I work up in a cold sweat with a massive sore throat AND my stomach was cramping like mad. So Jonathan took the kids to school/babysitters and I called in sick and spent the entire day in my pajamas lounging in bed and watching television. What a wonderful way to spend my birthday, huh? Jonathan was also working a double because they are having their yearly counts at work, so the babysitter offered to keep both kids overnight. That was a Godsend, let me tell you. So I had an entire 24 hours to recuperate and not worry about the kids. We are so lucky that we have an understanding babysitter. People don't realize how lucky they are to have family around. We have absolutely no family that lives near us, so having a really good babysitter is so nice.

And may I mention that my hubby even forgot it was my birthday until 10:30 last night when I mentioned it. He has been under some major stress at work and had forgotten all about it. Now don't go getting excited or anything, because we had actually celebrated my birthday on Saturday with a trip to eat dinner at
Maggianos and an AWESOME birthday gift of a new iPod Photo!! I thought Jonathan was going to buy me this new Tiffany necklace I had been wanting, but he surprised me with the iPod instead! Let me just say I LOVE my iPod!! I spent most of Sunday afternoon (well when the kids were napping anyway) ripping our CD collection onto my iPod. Basically I have about 60% of the CDs ripped. It just amazes me that I can put our ENTIRE CD collection on this little bitty piece of technology! Not to mention a lot of my digital photos. Jonathan thinks I am obsessed with the iPod. I'm just amazed. It holds like 7,500 songs! Why have I not purchased one of these little babies before now!

Of course I have loaded the poor thing down with about 60% 80's music. You can't tell I just turned 35 yesterday can you? I feel so old! We have an intern who is working with me who is 18 years old. I was sitting here thinking this morning, "She was born in 1987. I was graduating high school the next year." Nah seriously, I'm not that concerned about getting older. I don't feel 35 and most people tell me I don't look 35, so I guess that's a good thing.


Another thing we did this weekend was have the kids' pictures made. We took them to a new picture place and they turned out AWESOME! Uh-hum, I'm not going to brag here.... Oh hell yeah, I AM going to brag! But I have two BEAUTIFUL babies, if I do say so myself. Check them out for yourself.

Aren't they absolutely gorgeous?!?



Can't tell I'm a proud Momma can you? Um, no.




We didn't do a whole lot this past weekend because Skyler was sick. She was so sick on Friday we had to take her to the babysitter instead of school. She missed one of her little school field trips. Since she was sick we didn't get to go to the water park any this weekend. She really enjoys going to the water park. She did feel well enough to go out to dinner and do some shopping on Saturday, but since she was still coughing and had a runny nose, we figured it best not to take her swimming.

Skyler is enjoying my iPod also. As a matter of a fact, she has stolen it from me more than once. She loves listening to music. She hasn't figured out how to run it yet. I just have to set it on shuffle for her and she is good to go. Believe it or not one of Skyler's favorite songs is Video Killed the Radio Star. Talk about a major 80's song there! I remember that was the first video that came on MTV. Yes my friends, I was actually watching MTV when it first aired. I can't remember if I was 10 or 11, but I remember the excitement of getting cable and tuning in to the first day of MTV. My how MTV has changed since then. Hell, they don't even play videos anymore. It's mostly shows. At least we have digital cable so we get MTV2 and the VH1 channel that plays a lot of older music. But don't you guys remember how fun it was watching all those old 80's videos? One of my favorites was Dexy's Midnight Runner song, Come on Eileen. I still love that song!

Have any of you been watching that new show called Hit Me Baby One More Time? Talk about making you feel old there! Don't some of the performers looks sooo old!?!? I watched A Flock of Seagulls and Loverboy the other night and they looked horrible and sounded horrible. But some of them have actually sounded pretty good. Cameo was great last week and so was Vanilla Ice. Geeze, I can't believe I am sitting here talking about this. But anyway, I do like the show. Am I weird or what? Uh, don't answer that question.


A special thanks to Caroline! Thanks for wishing me a happy b-day girl! You and my mother were the only two people who actually remembered! That's pretty sad isn't it? I guess once you turn about 25, birthdays don't mean squat anymore.


Well I hate to cut this one short, but I have to pick up the kiddies. Hopefully I will be able to update this later. Until we meet again....
I'm Such a Liar...
Monica; 10:12 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com