Pieces of Us...
Today is the Day.... - Friday, May 13, 2005
Blogger is really pissing me off. I've had problems several times that when I go to post my entry it doesn't work. So I write a few paragraphs and then save it as a draft before I continue writing. I couldn't tell you the countless times I have written an entire entry and went to post and lost the whole damn thing. I just had about 4 paragraphs written and did a save draft and it frigging disappeared again! Geeze Blogger, get your act together please. I think I'm going to start writing my entries in Word and posting them over into Blogger or something.

I KNOW this didn’t happen again!!!! What the fu—is going on with Blogger? I just typed another two paragraphs and it frigging lost it again! What the hell is the deal with Blogger today! Ok, now I’m going to frigging type this crap in Word! Geeze! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, can I start this again… Where was I? Oh yeah, today is the day that Jonathan and I find out what the results are from all of the testing he has done over the last few weeks. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. His appointment is today at 4:00. I’m so nervous I could puke.

Things have been going so well for us this past week. We have communicated more, been more loving and more intimate together this past week than we have been in years!! It’s amazing what a little communication can do for a marriage. It’s weird that it took something totally off the wall to get us communicating. I won’t even begin to go into detail here about what happened because I can only imagine what would be said. But we’ll just say it was a blessing and I’m so glad we finally sat down and figured out that we do still love each other, we have a lot to be thankful for and it’s about time we got our asses in gears and got our shi- together! Whew, that was a mouthful wasn’t it? The “spark” is back in our marriage for the first time in years.

I knew all along I still loved him, but I just didn’t think we could overcome all of the problems we have been experiencing. Now I know we still have a lot of work and a long road ahead of us, but it’s certainly nice to be happy once again. Just keep your fingers crossed that things continue to look up for us. It’s kind of funny because we have been doing a lot of hugging and kissing and being really affectionate to each other and I think it is freaking Skyler out. We have both always been affectionate with our kids, but not necessarily with each other in these last few years. So when we started kissing and hugging and ticking each other this past week, Skyler didn’t know what to think about it. She thought it was very strange. Yesterday as Jonathan was putting her into the van for me to take her to school, he reached out and gave me a big kiss and Skyler was like, “Daddy! What did you do that for?!?” I thought it was quite funny. I think she may even be a little jealous!

So yesterday Jonathan and I went to Skyler’s end of school party at a local park. We had lots of fun. Skyler was there with all her little friends. It was amazing to see how Skyler’s teacher gets 12 three-year-old’s to stand in line (by last name no less) and walk properly everywhere they go. How the woman can control 12 when I can’t control 1 I will never know.

We played lots of games and had a good ole time. The teachers even got the parents involved in some of the games. At one point the parents had to try and do a hula-hoop for 20 seconds. Now back in the day when I was a size 3 (many, many moons ago no less), I was actually pretty good with a hula-hoop. In fact, when I was 8 years old I won a hula-hoop contest at a hotel in Daytona Beach, Florida. Well needless to say, many pounds later and many years later my body just isn’t what it used to be. I couldn’t even keep the frigging thing up at all!

So after lots of fun and games in the hotter than hell sun yesterday (where the temperature was a whopping 84 degrees in early May!), we had a cookout. Everything went quite well considering we had over 50 three-year olds. Skyler ate her little hot dog and then asked if she could eat her cupcake. I was in charge of bringing some cupcakes so leave it up to my non-baking ass, I just went to Sam’s and bought some monstrous cupcakes. We don’t give Skyler that much sweets very often, but I let her eat one of the monster cupcakes. About 3 minutes after she had downed the sweet, sugary confection, she said, “Oh Mommy, my tummy hurts.” And then she said, “Mommy, why did you MAKE me eat that cupcakes!” Uh, hello! I didn’t force the frigging cupcake down my child. But she has to blame someone other than herself, you know. So a few seconds later girlfriend begins to gag and we try and run out to the grass where she commences upchucking her wonderful monster cupcake. Yeah, teach my daughter to eat those sweet nasty treats, huh?

After she was finished I was going to go ahead and take her on home, but she would have none of it. Take her away from the park where she is playing with 50 other 3 year olds. I don’t THINK so! So I told her teacher that if she had any more problems to give us a call. By that time Jonathan and I had to head on back to work. The teacher never called and she was going strong when I picked her up later that afternoon, so I guess all was well.

After I left work and picked her up yesterday afternoon we then went to ballet that evening. It was her last official ballet class of the season before her recital next weekend. I can say I am so happy! Between the Tuesday evening gymnastics and the Thursday evening ballet, working full time, new baby, etc. it was pretty tough. I think this summer we are just going to stick to gymnastics and then maybe only do one thing in the fall. Twice a week is too much on a 3 year old. Hell, it’s too much on a mommy who works full time.

Well I guess that basically covers it for yesterday. It was good to hear from Caroline and I actually saw where someone else signed my guestbook! How exciting! Anyway, until tomorrow (we hope at least). I’ll update you on what the doc says this afternoon. Keep us in your thoughts today!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today is the Day....
Monica; 10:48 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mallard said...

I haven't been around much this month, either! Sorry to hear you both had a ruff patch together, but glad to hear you are both still willing to work together - love is strong glue, aint it?! Whoo hoo.
Sending you my happy thoughts. Try to keep looking for the positives and strengths where you can.
Cyalayta
Mal :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Glad to hear that your marriage is going good now. Most times it's just communication. I admit I'm not the greatest at it...but i'm getting better at it. Hope skyler is feeling better :) Take care

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com