Pieces of Us...
Peace... - Thursday, May 26, 2005
So Skyler left with mom and Bob on Monday for two whole weeks in Tennessee. I can only say one thing about our household....Peace. Things have been so quiet at home, that we do not know what to do with ourselves! Poor little Chase seems like he is in heaven without his sissy running around screaming and carrying on like she normally does.

Mom called me yesterday and said that she was going to "air mail" Skyler home. Evidently she is giving them a really hard time. No surprises there! She actually said, "I don't know how you guys do it." Hell, I don't know how we do it sometimes! She can be a perfect angel one day and the next, she turns into the Devil's Spawn or something. Yikes!

Mom said that she was giving her an especially hard time last night as they were trying to get her to go to bed. They normally don't even attempt to spank her, but Mom was having such a bad time with her that she got out the fly swatter and "threatened" to spank her.

She said, "Now Skyler, if you don't start minding and get your pajamas on right now, Mamaw is going to spank your bottom."

And Skyler's reply was, "Go ahead and spank me, I don't care." She said this as she had her hand upon her hip and was giving Mom the "evil eye." Now please tell me what you are supposed to do with a child that has no fear of her parents or grandparents whatsoever!

The one good thing about Skyler is she is an angel at school. She is also normally really good whenever we are out in public. It just seems she is this way at home. It's like she knows exactly what buttons to push to send you over the edge. We are in for some rough waters ahead as girlfriends grows up, I'm sure.


So I have been making plans for two trips today. The first is a trip to the mountains next weekend. Jonathan has to work all of this holiday weekend because he gave his assistant manager the entire weekend off. So I'm making plans for us to go to the mountains for the first weekend in June. Sometimes it helps to work with REALTORS. One of my committee members is renting us a cabin in Blowing Rock for 50% off. So that's really nice. I never realized how expensive cabins were. I mean we normally get the discount coupons for the good ole Da*ys Inn and pay like $29.99, so renting a cabin was a huge shock, even with the 50% off. But hell, you've got to splurge every once in awhile, eh?

We are going to spend 3 nights in the cabin. Little Man will be staying with his babysitter. Mom and Bob will bring Skyler to Blowing Rock on Monday and will meet us at Twe*etsie Railroad where they are having Day out with Tho*mas the Train. Skyler just loves Thomas. So it's a win/win for everybody. We get to spend a day with Skyler and my parents and we don't have to drive all the way to Tennessee to pick her up! Woohoo!

I feel so ashamed to say it, but it feels so good to have a wee break from Skyler. She is absolutely hell on wheels right now. I know when she gets back from TN she is going to be even more hellacious because my parents let her get away with murder. But the two week break is so worth it. I know, I'm a horrible mother!

Getting back to the trip to Blowing Rock... I can't wait to go to the mountains and have 3 whole days of nothing but me and Jonathan. I'm trying to think of some exciting stuff to do while we are there. Most people can't believe that we would want to go to the mountains and not to the beach, but Jonathan just doesn't really like the beach. When we went to Cancun a few years ago, he only stepped foot out on the beach one time the entire week we were there. And whenever we go on our cruises, we never go to any beach. We did go to Megan's Bay in St. Thomas a few years ago, but we weren't there very long.

Speaking of vacations, I also made a deposit on our next cruise today!!! Woohoo!!! We are going to cruise on the
Car*nival Lib*erty in November. It's a brand spanking new ship that hasn't even been built yet?!? It sets sail from Spain in July. So that will be so cool to cruise on a brand new ship. We can't wait!! Here are the Lib*erty's ports for our cruise:

1. San Juan
2. St. Thomas
3. Antiqua
4. Tortola
5. Nassau, Bahamas

We've been to St. Thomas and Nassau, but we haven't been to the other ports. It's an 8 day cruise. I am so excited!!! I really wanted to try another cruise line this time because we have been on Car*nival for all 4 of our cruises. But when I started comparing prices, no one can even come close to the deals you can get with Car*nival. I mean an 8 day cruise for $750 bucks! You can't beat it! That includes all your meals and everything. We just have to pay for our flight, excursions and incidentals.


Okay, enough about the cruise. Jonathan and I have been kicking back and taking it easy this whole week with Skyler gone. Little Man isn't feeling very good. He felt really hot when I picked him up from his babysitter's this afternoon. I took his temperature and it was 101.2. I gave him some Tylenol and a cool bath and we put him to bed. He was really sleepy and didn't feel well at all. I'm hoping he will feel better by in the morning. It sucks really bad when a baby is sick. They can't tell you what hurts them and you just have to guess. Poor Little Man. He is such a good baby and I hate to see him sick.

Well I guess I have rambled on enough for one day. We don't have anything planned for this weekend. I think Jonathan is going to play golf on Saturday morning and Saturday evening I'm having a "girl's night out" with my friend Sam. So not much going on but some rest and relaxation here. Until we meet again....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I'm too sexy for my bib
Peace...
Monica; 3:53 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

How do you make reservations for a cruise that the boat is not built yet....lol
Sounds like fun! I am hoping that one of our anniversaries i will be able to take one.

Money sucks right now...but hopefully it will get better.

Amber does alot of little things that really make me angry..like the other day...i walked into her room just to find her taking a pair of scissors to a pair of pants. she had them distroyed..she says they did not fit her anymore...i say they did..
or clipping pictures in magazines and storing them in her dressor...
i have one better than that...She has recently went thru my photo albums and took pictures out of them and she now has a bunch of my pictures loose everywhere...ACK!
This is when i want to choke the life out of her..lol..

If your son has a fever for more than 2 to 3 days...see a doctor! It's an infection somewhere! Or Green snot...a big infection tell tale sign.. I don't know if you know that or not...

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com