Pieces of Us...
Moving Right Along... - Saturday, May 28, 2005
I can't believe Skyler has been gone for almost a whole week. I really miss her, but things have been pretty quiet around here. Chase hasn't been feeling very well for the last few days. He was really grouchy all day today. Today Jonathan and I did absolutely nothing. I got up around 7:00 a.m. with Little Man because it was Jonathan's day to sleep. I fixed Little Man his breakfast and bottle. We then played for a couple of hours and I laid him back down and I crawled back into bed with Jonathan around 9:30. We laid in bed for another hour or so talking and what not and then finally crawled out of bed and came downstairs to get something to eat.

After we ate we watched a movie we had received from Net*flix. It was
The Bour*ne Supre*macy. It was pretty good. Although I hadn't actually seen the first one. Last night we watched My*stic River and it totally sucked. At least we thought so anyway. It was sooooo slooooow..... Not to mention it had a really fu--ed up ending. The last movie we have is Oce*ans Twe*lve. I didn't like the first one, so I don't even think I'll watch this one. Then we'll send these movies back and get some more. We hardly ever have time to sit down and watch a movie together when Skyler is here. So it was a real treat to sit down and watch several over the last couple of days. That's why we like Net*flix so much. They send you the movies and if it takes us a day to watch them or a week, then we just send them back. Very cool.

The day just drug by. We are both so used to being busy that we didn't really know what to do with ourselves. Around 5:00 we finally decided we had to get out of the house so we headed to
Moe*'s for dinner and then to my all-time favorite ice cream place in the world Cold Sto*ne Cream*ery. Yum! If you've never had ice cream from there and you have one near in your city, you must try it. It's really cool.

Tomorrow we are going to head to Durham to do a little shopping at
The Stre*ets at South*point and then eat lunch at my all time favorite, P*F Cha*ngs. I am so excited because we just found out they will be building one near us. So yeah!!! No more long drives to Durham to eat at the PF!! Woohoo!


I am so looking forward to our trip to the mountains next weekend. I asked my supervisor if I could go into work on Monday (it's a holiday and we are closed) and work and then take Friday off instead. He said no problem. I'm so lucky to have a flexible work situation. Did I mention I LOVE my job! They also let me work a few hours from home, take shorter lunches and then I get to leave early on Fridays. They call it "flex time." Which is very cool. Much better than punching a 9 to 5 time clock, for sure.

We are still trying to think of some stuff to do while in Boone. I was thinking of maybe going to
Grand*father Mountain. And, of course, no trip to Boone would be complete without having dinner or lunch at The Dan*iel Bo*one Inn. Yummy. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to do in Boone. It's a big ski town, well at least the surrounding area is, but there isn't as much to do in the summer time. Everybody thinks we are absolutely crazy for not going to the beach, but I think some peace and quiet in the mountains will do us good.

This morning I told Jonathan that the cabin we are staying in doesn't have a television. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him that. The boy can't live without his tv. Now when we lived in Germany, we lived off base in a town with very few Americans and we could barely pick up AFN (Armed Forces Network), so we only had one fuzzy American television channel. So if we could live for 4 years like that, I think Jonathan can make do without a tv for 4 whole days. Don't you? In all actuality, I was just kidding with him anyway. I'm sure they probably have a television, but I just wanted to see his reaction.


I just realized something, without Skyler in the house, it's pretty damn boring around here. I have absolutely nothing to talk about. The good news is, things are going pretty smoothly with Jonathan and I, so nothing to discuss there. Damn my life is boring! So boring, that I think I will get off here for now and watch some Cold*Case with Jonathan. Until tomorrow....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


How many frigging pieces does this damn swingset have?
Moving Right Along...
Monica; 8:48 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mallard said...

Hiya. Really glad the two of you have some quality relatively child-free time for these two weeks... just so you can stop and listen to each other again. That's huge - I'm very proud of you both!!!

I know how it feels trying to put one of those plkay things together - it took 3 grown men a few hours in the pouring rain one Xmas day to put one of those &$#@! things together! But it still gets some good useage all these years' later, so it was worth it.

Cyalayta
Mal :o)

4:15 AM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

That was evil to tell him no tv..lol

But can ya imagine what it was like before tv or games or anything..We actually went outside and played. That's why we are all getting fat! we are all less active.

In August i plan on us all going to New Jersey to see hubby's dad.
Hopefully if i can swing the money around a bit. We do need a break from here.

I hope Chase is getting better.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com