Pieces of Us...
It's a Monday, Blah.... - Monday, May 16, 2005
Nothing exciting to really write about today. I hate Mondays. It seems you barely have time to get caught up on laundry, cleaning up the house, playing with the babies before the weekend is over and it's back to work again. Blah. I need another vacation. I know, I know, we just went on vacation back in February, but I need another break. With my life these past few weeks, I think I am in "burn out city" or something. The stress of all the crap going on in our marriage, Jonathan's medical problems, etc. I feel like I'm just heading down hill or something. Ugh, complain, complain, complain.


I have our yearly attorney seminar at work on Friday. We have about 40 people coming, so not a big group or anything. I ordered their catering today. I'm going out on a limb and trying a new caterer which is probably stupid on a group like this, but what the hell, right? It's about 80% men so feed them some meat and they will be happy. It will be nice to get this meeting out of the way though. Next thing I really need to concentrate on is convention. Our dept. is going to be a little different this summer because one of the girls goes out on maternity leave next month. We are lucky we have two summer interns who will be coming in to help while she is away. When I was on maternity leave last year, they didn't have any extra help.


As I said before, nothing really going on today. Jonathan has a MASSIVE migraine. He came home fairly early from work and came straight in and took some of his new migraine medicine. He did have some samples of one medicine that dissolved in his mouth and he really liked it because it gave him immediate relief. The doctor gave him some new samples of a pill format and it must take a lot longer to take effect or something. He came home, took the medicine and then went outside with me and the kids to play on Skyler's new swingset. Skyler was being bratty and was refusing to try and learn how to swing herself. She just wants to boss her daddy around and tell him what to do and make him swing her for an hour. When we switched and he started swinging Chase and I was swinging her, she got all pissed off and started throwing a major temper tantrum. Girlfriend has got to learn that she doesn't get her way ALL the time.

After the temper tantrum was over she heard in the distance the ringing of the ice cream man's truck. May someone shoot the man who invented the ice cream truck! We broke down and bought her an ice cream, but made her put it in the freezer until after supper. She ate her supper and was then allowed to partake of some yummy ice cream.

Little man went to bed like a champ, as always. I just hope and pray that he stays as good as he has been since he was born. He is no problem to put to bed at all. Give him his bottle at 8:00 and lay him down at 8:10 and he is down for the count until the crack of dawn the next day. You can't ask for much more than that.


Last night Jonathan and I went to bed around 11:00 and I had to "talk" to him until around 1:30. I know he is getting tired of my "talk" sessions that run well into the night. But I told him he needs to come to bed earlier. At least we are communicating, but I know it has been rough on him staying up so late. The boy needs his beauty sleep that's for sure. He requires more sleep than the babies. And, of course, Skyler work up around 2:00 or so. So he had to head downstairs and take care of her and lay on the couch for a bit before he came to bed. I guess it's no wonder he has a massive headache after that, huh?



Well for not having squat to talk about tonight, it looks like I rambled on about nothing. I'll end for now and hopefully will have more interesting stuff to talk about tomorrow.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Blow Daddy Blow!!
It's a Monday, Blah....
Monica; 9:07 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I know what you mean about doing everything in a weekend...in my case i have Monday's and Friday's off on a usual basis..Monday's are usually laundry laudry laundry, Friday's i pay bills, grocery shop and anything else like clean my aunts floors for her. You can throw some more laundry on Friday also..lol Some day's off eh?! Besides all the dinner making and cleaning of the house...geesh i'm tired of just thinking about all i do..lol I take care of my house..my mom's house, run errands for them. blah blah blah. I seem to be running into alot of woman that take alot on their plates. Why do we do this to ourselves?

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com