Pieces of Us...
It Was a Looong & Busy Weekend... - Monday, May 23, 2005
Oh where to begin.... This past weekend was just a blur. Let's see, first on Friday night we headed to the coliseum to see Ses*ame Street Live. Skyler loved it, of course. And you know we just COULD NOT walk out of there without purchasing an $8.00 Elmo balloon! Yikes! My parents drove up on Friday afternoon, so they kept Little Man for us while the three of us went to the performance. We were sitting on the front row off the floor and Skyler was blessed with three hugs from the following performers: Prairie Dawn, Grover & one that has a nose that honks (whose name escapes me at the moment). It was great to have Jonathan with us because he normally doesn't attend stuff like that. But with our new found relationship, he is trying to do more stuff with us as a family. So way to go hubby!!




Skyler Dancing at Ses*ame Street Live


So then it was up at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning to prepare ourselves for dance recital practice. Things went great for the dress rehearsal. Skyler was in rare form with no "meltdowns" or "tantrums" all evening. Way to go Skyler! So after 2 1/2 hours of dance recital rehearsal it was home for a long afternoon nap. One that Mommy took part in on this particular day, thank ya very much.... After our nice nap it was off to one of our favorite family restaurants. It was me, Jonathan, Skyler, Chase, Papaw, Mamaw and Uncle Bruce. As always, Uncle Bruce was 30 minutes late for dinner. The poor boy can't make it anywhere but to work on time.

So then Sunday morning it was time to get ready for the actual dance recital. It didn't actually start until 1:00 p.m. (big mistakes as this is Skyler's EXACT nap time!!). So we got dressed with minimal fuss around 11:00 a.m. and headed off to the auditorium. Once we arrived at the auditorium, all hell broke loose. Skyler decided she wanted to keep her dance bag with her while she was waiting on her turn to dance. She was actually sitting in the balcony with her class and the rest of us were sitting down in the audience. I told her she couldn't keep her bag because mommy needed to keep it for her because it had her change of clothes for her next dance number, etc. Well she began to have a "meltdown". Then daddy arrived and, as usual, wanted to just give her her way to shut her up. She took the bag back to her seat and sat down and proceeded to take everything out of the bag. So I took it away from her and we'll just say, she lost her sh--. She started screaming and yelling and throwing herself on the ground. So I took Miss Hellion to the bathroom and tried to calm her down. She proceeded to keep yelling, screaming and throwing herself on the ground.

So after about 10 minutes of that I proceeded to drag her down the stairs and outside of the auditorium, screaming and kicking all the way. Oh the looks the people were giving me could have pierced me like knives..... So we made it outside and had a nice "talk" at a tree. I was about 30 seconds from hauling her ass out to the van and heading home and saying, "To hell with this damn dance recital." My hell child was having a major temper tantrum. It was approximately 5 minutes to show time and I FINALLY got her calmed down and back to her seat in the balcony. It's a good thing I didn't put mascara on Miss Hellion or we would have been in major trouble.




I may "look" like an Angel...
But deep down....


I can say that she made it through the entire program without a hitch. There weren't any smiles while on stage, but she remembered her routine and performed beautifully. I will also report that Chase was a perfect angel, as always, during the 2 1/2 hour performance. He sat quietly on mommy's, daddy's and mamaw's laps during the show (with a few excited squeals put in for good measure).

After the show daddy, papaw and Uncle Bruce gave her flowers. She really ate that stuff up! She thought she was major hot stuff with her flowers. She also gave a rose to her dance teacher, Miss C.




Skyler Receives Flowers from Her Adoring Fans

After such a busy weekend Jonathan and I decided to have a night to ourselves. It's not often that we have a babysitter for the kids. We hardly ever get to go out alone since all of our family lives in Tennessee. So we headed to the movies to see Sahara and then to eat dinner. All in all it was a good weekend, but now we are both exhausted.

Did I mention that my mom and dad took Skyler home with them to Tennessee for two weeks!!! So no Miss Skyler for two whole weeks?!?! What will we ever do with ourselves? They are taking her camping and fishing. Oh what fun they have to look forward to. When I talked to mom this afternoon she said Skyler had two "meltdowns" on the way home. Hmmm, me thinks that we will be making a trip to TN to pick up our hellion sooner than two weeks!!!

Oh the peace in the house this evening. It has been so peaceful. Little Man didn't know what to think without his loud mouth sissy hanging around and bothering him all evening. He had a peaceful dinner and a quick evening nap after dinner. Then he was down like a champ at exactly 8:00 p.m.

I know we are going to miss Skyler dearly, but you know, sometimes it's nice to get a break! Speaking of breaks. Did I tell you we are already planning our next cruise! Yup, we are going to sail on the Car*nival Lib*erty in November! Yippee!!!

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough for one day. Hopefully I'll have more time this week to write more entries since Miss Priss is gone. Until we meet again....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It Was a Looong & Busy Weekend...
Monica; 9:47 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

*I* think you did the absolute right thing with skyler. I know i "would" and "have" done what you did.

The flowers were a nice touch! I bet she felt really important!

Chase is gonna love the quiet and the attention that he will be getting.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Monica! Darin will be 11 in August. Feels like yesterday that i had him. Junior high starts so early here. My junior high started in 7th grade. I had Darin when i was 24....I can't even believe that i am going to be 35 in June! :P

11:57 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

My birthday is June 8th...I was born on my dad's birthday. He will turn 58 and me 35.

I think i started the kids at a resonable age. Altho neither were planned. My mom had me when she was 21.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com