Pieces of Us...
Busy, Busy, Busy... - Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Life is pretty good at the moment. I still can't say enough about Jonathan. The difference in our marriage these last two weeks has been AMAZING. I just hope and pray that we continue to keep the communication open. I know Jonathan is getting tired of our late night "talks". He has started coming to bed earlier because he knows I have to have at least 45 minutes to jack my jaws to him. He even left in the middle of one of his favorite tv shows last night. He was like, "Hmmm, do I really want to watch Blind Justice? Or do I need to get my ass upstairs and do the talking with the wife so I can get to bed at a decent hour?" He evidently decided to head on up to bed because he was in bed at 10:15.

I was just beginnig to watch the new Britney & Kevin show, Chaotic. Now mind you I was only 15 minutes into the program that I had DVR'd, but I have just two words for Miss (well she is Mrs. now) Britney, TRAILER TRASH. Geeze, I thought I was raised in the back woods, but that girl has got some major problems! I was cracking up! I'm sure I will have to watch the rest of the program to get the full effect, but the first 15 or 20 minutes was pure hell!



Not much happened yesterday. Jonathan left work early and picked up Little Man at the babysitters. I picked up Skyler and headed home to give her a quick bath and then the four of us headed to Skyler's gymnastics. Then it was on to dinner, home to get the kids ready for bed and then off to bed for us. Things are going to get at least a little less busy though because Skyler's dance classes are over.

Tonight I have to take her to have her picture made in her recital costume. I just can't decide what to do with her hair. I'm a horrible hairstylist. I guess I'll try and put it up into a bun or something. It definitely has to be up for the recital, but I kind of wanted to leave it down for her pictures. She looks so much better with her hair down.

She gave us hell this morning. She went to bed no problem last night and slept all through the night, which was nice. But she was cranky this morning and didn't want to get up. Jonathan finally got her up and got her into the kitchen to fix her some breakfast while I was upstairs getting little man changed and dressed. She couldn't decide what she wanted to eat, he named through at least 5 different things and she FINALLY settled on some cereal. She hoo haa'd around for another 10 minutes and never took a bite of her cereal. In the meantime, I had already come downstairs and fed Chase while she was still sitting there staring at her cereal. Jonathan had already packed the baby's bag and made Skyler's lunch.

The two of them sing songs to each other all the time. Jonathan was singing, "Skyler is daddy's number one girl..." Well when she wouldn't eat he started singing, "Mommy is daddy's number one girl." Girlfriend absolutely FREAKED out! She went into 3 year old hysterics at the table. Crying, screaming and saying, "I'm your number one girl daddy NOT mommy!!!" It was all downhill after that.... We finally decided she wasn't going to eat her breakfast so I basically dragged her back into her room to put her dress on for school. I let her pick out the dress she wanted, because God forbid if I picked it out for her, there would be something wrong with it. Either it doesn't "twirl" or it itches, or perhaps she doesn't like the color, etc. You get the point. So I had let her pick out the dress, but once she got it on she decided she looked like a baby. Geeze! So then it was another struggle to get her dressed and out the door. She makes Jonathan carry her and the baby out every morning. Why, because she can! She loves telling Jonathan when to "jump" and "how high to jump." He thought he had it bad with his wife bossing him around, well she bosses him around more than I ever thought! Girlfriend is so spoiled it isn't even funny.

So after we all get out to our cars, Jonathan was so frazzled that he put Chase in my car instead of his. He got him back out and then liftes Skyler up into her carseat. Afterwards he gave her a kiss and then he came to give me a kiss and she went into caniptions again! She can't STAND to see Jonathan and I kissing. I think it is just totally freaking her out. She is actually jealous. Ah the life and times of a 3 year old.... I just hope Chase doesn't turn out to be a drama queen like Skyler. For now he is a really laid back baby and just rolls with the punches. We'll see how long that lasts.

My parents are coming this weekend to go to Skyler's recital. Me, mom and Skyler are going to see Sesa*me Street Live Friday night. Oh what fun! Then it's dress rehearsal on Saturday and the actual recital is on Sunday. Jonathan and I are hoping that on Saturday or Sunday night we can go out alone for some quality time together. Then my parents are taking Skyler back to TN with them for 2 weeks of camping. Two whole weeks without the little terror! Nah, we will miss her dearly, but it's nice to have a break every once in awhile. Although 2 weeks is quite a long time. It will give us some quality time to spend alone with Chase though and Jonathan will get a full night's rest for two whole weeks!


Chase was supposed to have his 9 month check-up yesterday with his doctor. The nurse called to cancel his appointment saying that the doctor was sick. This is like the 4th time they've had to cancel an appointment because Dr. B was sick. They cancelled on Skyler like 3 times in a row once and it drove me absolutely bonkers. I mean we are all entitled to be sick, but when they wait and call when you've already taken off from work and yoru heading out the door, well that just plain pisses me off! You know how some doctor's offices will charge you if you fail to cancel an appointment within 24 hours? Well maybe a doctor should be charged your missed time off from work if they don't cancel in 24 hours, huh? I'm just kidding, but it sounds good doesn't it?


Well I think I have rambled on long enough for one day. I need to get my ass to work. Until tomorrow...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yeehaw! Don't I look just precious in my Papaw's hat?
Busy, Busy, Busy...
Monica; 1:52 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm starting to think that Skyler and my Amber may have been twins..lol Altho..Skyler might be one up on Amber.. But give it some time...i say by next week i will have something to say about my little monster i mean(angel)..lol
I'm really glad that you and Jonathan are doing so well. Skyler is just not used to you guys kissing...keep doing it..she will..

1:36 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hi Monica,

I just wanted to say thanks for dropping by my blog. It's nice to meet you!

You certainly seem to have your hands full - I am breathing a sigh of relief with all my kids at school now! It's only taken 17 years...

Our 10 year old gets really grossed out when my husband & I kiss...so we just do it to annoy her!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com