Pieces of Us...
Time to Register for School Already? - Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Ugh, last night I had to go to Skyler's school to attend this "mandatory" meeting to register for the upcoming school year. As I've mentioned before, she goes to a private Christian school. The ONLY reason we are sending her to this school is because its less than a mile from our house and it is very economical. It's much cheaper than sending her to daycare. Daycare is like $500 a month around here and the Christian school is like $280. Big difference! And not to mention the fact that she is actually in a "school" setting and not just playing at daycare. Don't get me wrong, this school has taught her a lot, including discipline, how to interact with others, etc. But sometimes the place just makes me want to scream!

I'm all for her going to a Christian school, but some of the things they believe I think is just absolutely ridiculous. I mean the boys can wear t-shirts, jeans, etc. But the girls have to wear dresses down to their ankles practically and to beat it all, they even have to wear shorts under the dresses! Now how stupid is that? It's fine, Skyler likes wearing cute little dresses that "twirl." You know how 3 year old girls are.

But last night at the meeting they have come up with this big bright idea to have the kids wear uniforms. Ah, the dreaded uniform. Now I would be all for uniforms, but their idea of a uniform is a polo shirt with the name of the school on the front. Boring! The bad thing about that would be, the boys still get to wear their jeans, but the girls would have to wear a skirt EVERY day! No way! No more dresses that "twirl." I don't think so. I think it is so biased that the boys can wear jeans, but the girls have to be dressed up.

I don't plan on sending Skyler to school there after next year anyway though. I'm going to try and get her into a Magnet School and if that doesn't work out, then I'll just send her to the local public school which isn't so bad. It's about 5 miles from the house, so it's not really far away or anything. It's silly that I'm already worry about where the poor child is going to go to school and girlfriend is only 3! I'm sure I will be horrible when it's time for her to pick a college!

I made the mistake of taking Skyler with me to the meeting last night. They had it in the chapel which is next to the school. Girlfriend cannot sit still for an entire hour. She wasn't too bad, but she was definitely getting on my nerves. Not to mention the fact that stupid me sat on the second row. You would think that I had enough sense to at least sit in the back or something. I left Chase with Jonathan. He bathed him and was giving him his night time bottle when we got home. I basically threw Skyler at him and told him to give me the baby because if I had one more minute with her I was going to strangle her. I know she and I are really going to bump heads when she gets older. Hell, we already bump heads and she is only 3!


This morning started out on a bad note to. I usually get up around 5:45 and get my shower taken and start getting ready for work. About 6:30 I wake Jonathan up. It takes an "act of Congress" to get the man up. He definitely is NOT a morning person. I mean you would think that after 10 years in the Army he wouldn't be so hard to get his a-- out of bed. But no! You have to turn on the light and practically bang on pans, etc. to get him up. The man would sleep for 12 to 15 hours a day if you would let him. I like my rest, don't get me wrong, but he really needs his. How he made it for so long in the military without being late, I will never know.

I will give him one thing, he is pretty helpful in the mornings. I get up and get dressed and then I wake Skyler up and get her dressed. After he has taken his shower he takes her downstairs and fixes her breakfast and packs her lunch and snacks for the day. Then I wake "little man" up and get him dressed. I place him in his carseat and pack his diaper bag and Jonathan takes him to the babysitter and I take Skyler to school. In the afternoons I pick both of them up, because Jonathan doesn't usually get home from work until an hour or two after I do. That's basically how our routine goes.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I take Skyler to gymnastics and dance class and Jonathan stays home with Chase. So he is very helpful when it comes to the kids. I will give him that. Of course, he SHOULD be helpful because they are his kids to and I work just like he does. N0thing makes me angrier than to hear a woman who works say that her husband doesn't help with the kids. I made sure as soon as our first child was born that I included Jonathan on everything. I wanted him to know how to do everything so he could help me out. I have a friend whose husband doesn't do anything with their daughter and I think that is just ridiculous. What would happen if she died or something? The man wouldn't even know how to take care of his own kid.


I can't believe we are little more than a week away from our cruise! Woohoo! I know I keep on talking about it and you are going to be sick of hearing about it, but I am really looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to our days in New Orleans before the cruise. I am really going to miss the kids though. I have a lot to do before we leave for TN on Friday. It's a pain in the a-- to pack for the kids for two weeks. Skyler is fairly easy, but Chase is a real pain. I still have to pack bottles, formula, pampers, sassies (pacifiers), spoons, bowls, baby food, strollers... Well you get the picture. There is so much to take when you have a baby. Ah, but he is well worth the hard work. He is the most precious baby in the whole

Time to Register for School Already?
Monica; 1:30 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Once again my life repeats itself from your blog.
I give Frank lots of credit for helping me with the kids, except for yelling at them constantly. But all in all he is a good father. Just slightly impatient.
Dresses all the time? Geesh most private schools offer blue pants or skirts or skorts.
Don't worry, your just excited about your trip...and i am going to be waiting to read about when you get back...take care

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com