Pieces of Us...
Sick, Sick, Sick... - Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Last night was a HORRIBLE night. It all started about 2:00 a.m. I heard Jonathan screaming at the top of his lungs and then I heard a door slam. Apparently Skyler had woken up at 1:00 a.m. and said it was time to get up and she was hungry and wanted a bowl of cereal. And yes, we did feed the child supper! Anyway, as I've mentioned on this blog before, Jonathan covets his rest.... If he doesn't get his beauty sleep he is a total bear. He has been sleeping downstairs for a couple of months because of his absolutely annoying snoring. So since I have the baby in my room, I let Jonathan deal with Skyler most of the time. She usually doesn't have any problems, but all toddlers wake up and have bad dreams every once in awhile. So I guess he had been messing with her for over an hour and he finally had it and turned off her nightlight and shut the door. Well that totally set Skyler off and she went into a hissy fit. I went in there to make sure she was okay and she was fine. I told her that if she didn't calm down I was going to leave and shut the door to. She didn't calm down so I quietly walked out and closed the door behind me. She screamed for some time and then finally fell asleep. I went back to her room after she fell asleep and opened her door. I can't stand the thought of not being able to hear her in case she really needed something.

About an hour later I heard her hollering for me. It's amazing I heard her, I rolled over (Jonathan had gone back to sleep in our bed this time) and said, "Did you hear something?" He of course said, "No, I was asleep." Well I listened for a bit longer and I heard her yelling for me. You just know the difference between a "I'm pissed" scream and "Help me!" scream. So I went running in there and girlfriend had puked all over the bed . Yuck! Well I knew she was sick, but Jonathan kept on saying she had just puked because she had screamed so long. So he took off her sheets while I threw her in the tub for an ultra-quick bath. We put her back to bed and were in bed for no more than 1/2 hour when she started crying again. This time she had puked and pooped in her pants! It was nasty. So I knew right then she had some kind of "bug" because she was throwing up and had diarrhea. Double Yuck! Jonathan felt pretty bad by this time because he had no idea she was sick earlier. She never said she felt bad, she just kept on telling him it was time to get up.

So I threw her in the bath for the second time that night and it just got worse. I stayed home from work today and she puked no less than 20 times. I have tried keeping liquids down her, but when she drinks anything, it just comes back up. So we made a doctor's appointment and headed there around 4:00 p.m. (the soonest we could get in). Well let me begin to tell you what all she has wrong with her...

1. An ear infection (what the he--, she hadn't been complaining about her ear)
2. A stomach virus/bug (no kidding!)
3. A cold/cough (she has had this since she began school in August)
4. A viral infection (ooh, that doesn't sound good)
5. And get this.... Pneumonia in her right lung!!

Good God, my child is going to die! Of course I totally freak out, but the doctor assures me it's only a mild case of pneumonia and everything else is easily treatable. So they load girlfriend up with some major antibiotics. And luckily they gave them to her via shots because she couldn't hold down any medicine (even if we could get the dang stuff down her). So poor little baby has two boo-boos on her legs from the shots, a prick on her finger from them taking blood and puke on her shirt where she threw up while we are at the doctor's office. What a day.

So I'm home with her now. Jonathan came home for a bit and went out to get us something to eat. He had plans to go watch the Duke/NC game tonight somewhere. He didn't offer to stay home, but I knew if I had asked him, he would have stayed home with me. She has been asleep since 6:30 anyway with no vomits since we put the lovely "suppository" up her little booty. I'm hoping she will sleep all night, but knowing my luck she will be up at 1:00 a.m. thinking she has had plenty of sleep to last her. I just hope she gets to feeling better.

I'm going to stay home with her tomorrow morning and then Jonathan is going to take a 1/2 day off and come home and stay with her so I can get some stuff done at work. Chase's babysitter offered to let him stay with them tonight so we could focus on Skyler and so he wouldn't be around her and catch what she has. I need to call and check on the little booger and see how he is doing. This will be the first time he has stayed all night anywhere other than my mom's house in TN. I'm sure he will do fine. He is such a good baby. We are really lucky to have such a good babysitter. She would keep Skyler overnight if I was sick or something so I could rest. We are lucky. Since we don't really have any family around, it's nice to have someone like that to lean on when you need them. She is like a second grandmother to the kids.



Well enough of the sick story. That's about all I have done today is clean up vomit and roam around the house trying to pack up the kids' stuff. I didn't realize Skyler was so sick and I have been packing their stuff up thinking we are heading to TN on Friday for Amber's wedding. If Skyler isn't better then I guess we won't be going. Jonathan said I should take Chase on to TN and leave him so he won't be around Skyler. That way I could attend the wedding and then come home to be with Skyler.

As you know, we are supposed to leave for our cruise at the end of next week. I hope Skyler is well by then. Otherwise, I guess we won't be going. I couldn't leave her knowing she was that sick. And it is so difficult to get in touch with someone who is on a ship in the middle of the ocean. We also aren't going to any port where my cell phone will work. Last year we went to St. Thomas and I had perfect Spr*int service there. How cool was that?

Last year I was 4 months pregnant when we went on the cruise. I didn't have any problems or anything. It was a rough sea week. There were really big waves and the boat went from side to side. Anyone who tells you those ships don't do that is full of sh--. They don't usually do it, but it can happen. It didn't bother me, other than me hitting the sides of the walls every once in awhile while I was walking. But it obviously bothered some other people as there were "doggie bags" laying down the hallways (clean ones of course for people to pick up if needed) and outside the elevators. I thought that was pretty funny. I guess I know for sure that I don't get seasick if I didn't get seasick then, huh?



So I am thinking of having a "professional" design my blog and move it to Word*press. I mean I think I have done a decent job so far, but I would love to make it look much better. I also really want a calendar on the page that has links to the days you have posts. I think that is totally cool. I would also like the blog to show only one post per day instead of all of them down a row like it is now. I mean that isn't bad, but I would prefer it the other way.

Does anyone know anyone who does decent blog designs at affordable prices? I also want to get my own domain, but I am having a rough time thinking of what I would want it to be... Do you ever get that way sometimes? I have come up with one I really like, but it kind of sounds like someone else's journal, so I don't want them to think I'm copying them or anything.

I never realized how hard html was. I did figure out that I can do things in Front*page and then paste it into my html on the blog. I was trying to write html myself when my friend Sam at work said, "Hey dumba--, why don't you just use Front*page and just paste it into the blog." Well duh! Why didn't I think of that?




Well I guess I better end for now. Skyler is awake and I need to sit with her for awhile before I put her to bed. Hopefully she will be feeling better by tomorrow. Wish us luck. Well I'm outtahere!!


Can You Believe How Much He Has Grown???
Sick, Sick, Sick...
Monica; 8:22 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

poor little girl, i hope skyler gets better. She should be better before your plans for the cruise, especially with antibiotics in her. I'm going thru my second flu in 2 weeks. Last week was fevers and muscle pains. This week its vomiting, fevers, chest congestion, sinus drainage. the coughing is the worst! I just got a little more congestion to get rid of and i will have made it thru. I'm hoping everyone else don't get it again. I have been trying to stay away. This time i was lucky to be off when i was at my worst. I thank god for dayquil that's my miracle drug ...letting me make it thru work. lol Its too hard to find replacements to work for you. Well i hope that you and your hubby don't get it before your cruise. take care..

1:54 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

Oh my goodness - look after yourselves!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com