Pieces of Us...
Just One More Day to Go Before We Leave on Vacation!!! - Wednesday, February 16, 2005
I can't believe I only have one more work day to go before we leave for good ole NOLA!!! Yippee!!! Hmmm, wonder what I will have to look forward to after this? Well anyway, I am sooooo excited!!! Last night I made reservations for us to do a swim with the dolphins in Cozumel. Now if your an animal right's activist, please do not get on your soap box and give me any crap about Free Willy, cruelty to animals, etc! I DO NOT want to hear it! So just keep your trap shut, please.

We made our reservation with
Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel. I have actually had an experience once before with dolphins. When I was 19 my then-boyfriend Anthony and I took a trip to Key West. On one of the Keys...which one I forget now, they had a place called Theater by the Sea. You could swim with the dolphins for like $25.00. That was the good ole days. It's a hell of a lot more expensive now. That was like in 1989 or something. Anyway, we practically had the entire place to ourselves. It was very cool. Believe it or not, we were sooooo poor that we didn't even have the $50 to do the swim, but the people there were really nice and let us touch them and get some pictures, etc. How cool was that. Damn, it's wild to remember that we were so poor we didn't have enough money to do much on our trip. I think we ate out at a restaurant once and the rest of the time we ate like bags of potato chips and crackers. Ah, those were the good ole days, eh? Anthony if your reading this, the memories, huh?

Actually I still keep in touch with Anthony. I think I have mentioned him once before in this journal. He is happily married with two children and one on the way, so don't start getting any stupid ideas though!

Anyway, back to the cruise.... I also made a reservation with
Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman. Last time we went to Stingray City with the ship. The crowds on the boat were horrendous, so I thought we would try it on our own this time. There really isn't much to do in Grand Cayman other than snorkel or go to some beach somewhere. Jonathan is ont much of a beach person. Believe it or not when we go to Cancun if we walk out on the beach twice, I would kiss your butt. I'm sure all that will change once the kids get bigger and want to go to the beach though.

Did I mention that I like to "pre-plan" everything? I have been reading the forums on the cruise message boards. My favorite is
Cruisemate. Last year when we took a cruise I saw a recommendation for this guy who gives tours in St. Thomas. His name was Godfrey and we used him and he was absolutely AWESOME! So I think I can trust a lot of what they say on the boards and use some of their recommendations. The only port I don't have plans for so far is Montego Bay. Everyone of the boards says that Jamaica is horrendous. The people are really pushy and try to sell you drugs and the vendors are pushy and scary. So we will probably not venture out on our own there and just do something safe with the cruise line.

Well enough about my wonderful vacation plans. I'm sure you are just dying to hear more of our fun in the sun while you guys are back here freezing your booties off in the cold months of winter! Ha! Aren't ya just jealous?



Well the sh-- hit the fan at work today. I won't even bother going into detail about it here because if by chance there are people at work (or any of the 32,000 members we represent) read this thing, I could get into some deep doo-doo. Let's just say my life is probably going to be changing at work real soon to. Kind of like when I went on maternity leave when I had Skyler. I was hired to do one job and when I came back from maternity leave, I had a whole new job. In addition to the job I already had, of course. I'm just afraid I may come back from vacation and have another new job or something! Now wouldn't that be fun. At least it's refreshing to know that my bosses can give me more work and they know I can handle it. Hmmm, that is a good thing isn't it?

Oh yeah, I remember mentioning yesterday about the big screw-up with the DVD of the commercials I was waiting on... Well would you believe that the guys out in CA actually finally got their act together and got the puppy to me. They actually sent two. One they mistakenly sent to arrive in the afternoon and so they stuck another one in to arrive in the a.m. But unbelievably the one that was supposed to arrive in the afternoon (which btw, was Fed^Ex) actually arrived before the UP^S one did. Go figure that one, huh? So needless to say, I received my DVD with the three all important 30 second commercials in time for the Exec. Comm. meeting this morning. If our President only knew what "hoops" I had to jump through just to get that sucker here.

Did I mention I love my job? No seriously, I do. I feel very fortunate for the job I have and the people I work with. They are basically a good group. At least I don't dread getting up in the mornings and heading to work or anything.


Well I am still in the middle of washing a crap load of clothes. I never knew 4 people could dirty up so many dang clothes! I think the main reason why I have so many clothes to wash up is when I started getting out some of my summer stuff that had been in the closet for the last 6 months or so, well you know they just kind of smelled stale. I like for my clothes to smell fresh and flowery and after hanging there for so long, well they just smell awful. So I decided to wash them up. I mean who wants to go no a cruise smelling like your grandma's closet!

As I was throwing the clothes off the second story balcony that looks down into our living room, Jonathan was like,

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Why I'm washing my clothes, of course." I said.

"Well how come you aren't washing my summer clothes." He asked.

"Um, because your a big frigging boy and you can do it your damn self!" I replied.

Men. Sometimes don't you just feel like throwing their ass off of a cliff somewhere? Ah the times that has crossed my mind in the last few years, let me tell you. No perfect marriage for this bitch. You won't hear me saying sweet nothings about my dear hubby too often. He is good in a lot of ways, but he sucks in many other ways. Just your typical male, I suppose. Remind me to raise my son to NOT be like his daddy in too many ways!

One of our members who is from the mountains of NC is the nicest man/husband. He is so courteous to his wife. He opens doors, calls her "dear", pulls out her chair at the dinner table, etc. He is really soft spoken and he treats his wife like a Queen. He has also trained his sons the same way. Ah, to have a husband like that. How wonderful would that be. I often tell Jonathan that he was "raised in a barn." He gets pissed, but he knows it's true.

I once heard one of my bosses at work say, "There are two kinds of people in this world. Your "golf" people and your "NASCAR" people." Hmmm, well my hubby plays golf and he likes NASCAR. So where the he-- does that leave him?


Okay, off my rant about my dear ole hubby. I wonder if anyone out there actually reads this journal. I know, it takes years to build up a following on your journal. It still amazes me how so many journalers have so many people who are actually interested in reading about their lives. Well my life certainly isn't very exciting or anything. If the Internet had been around back when Jonathan and I were living overseas.... Oh the stories I could have told. I mean I know the Internet was "around" back then, but it wasn't really big. Just look at how the www has changed the world. If e-mail had been around while we lived in Germany, and instant messaging, digital photos, etc. Our lives would have been so much better. We wouldn't have had to depend on the PX for EVERYTHING (because God knows you couldn't afford to buy crap on the German economy). You could have logged on to Old Navy, JCPenneys or whoever and ordered your clothes. You could have logged online and ordered Christmas presents. Life would have been so much different that's for sure.


Well I need to get off my arse and finish up these clothes. Jonathan and I are going out for an enjoyable "alone" dinner tonight. Japanese sounds good to me. I love going to those Japanese steakhouses where they cook the food in front of you. Yummy. Well I will try and update one last time before we leave on our trip. But if I don't.... Well you will survive without me for a week or so. I know you will. I'm outta here!!!




Just One More Day to Go Before We Leave on Vacation!!!
Monica; 5:31 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

You have the best time ever!!!!!!!
I can't wait to read about it! Sounds like your going to have all sorts of fun.
And Amen on the men!

2:59 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

I know this'll get there after you leave, but - have a WOW of a time away together! Whoo hoo!
Hey, I still keep in touch with lots of old female friends who are married with kids - the friendship is great.
Cyalayta
Mal :o)

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com