Pieces of Us...
It's Gonna Be A Long Day.... - Sunday, February 06, 2005
Well yesterday was great! I left the house about 2:00 p.m. and went to pick up my friend Sam at her house. We then proceeded to the mall and shopped until we dropped! I had dropped off some of the kids' clothes at the consignment shop on my way to Sam's house and after we finished up at the mall, we headed back to pick up the money. This consignment shop is so picky. They only take about 10% of what you take. And don't get me wrong, most of Skyler's clothes are Gap, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, etc. I can't figure out why the place is so picky.

Anyway, we had a great time. Let's see here, what all did I buy.... Well I bought about 6 shirts at Belk's because they are having their winter clearance sale, you know. I mean we absolutely can't buy anything at full price. No, if it's not 70% or more off, then no shopping for us. Why you say? Because we are cheaper than hell, of course! Sam and I always kid because we are both overweight and it is impossible to find anything to fit us. I'm short and stubby and she is tall. So she can't find things long enough to fit her and I can't find things short enough to fit me. Go figure, huh?

It amazes me that stores only sell things in teeny teeny sizes. I mean when are these people going to figure out that 60% of women are a size 14 and above. HELLO RETAILERS!! Get your heads out of your ass and figure it out already. I told Sam that we should open a store called "Fat Girls R Us" and we would be millionaires. We would shun those skinny little waifs who come in and ask for clothing. HA!

I also had to buy a gift for my step-sister's daughter who is getting married next weekend. She didn't bother to register anywhere, so how the heck am I supposed to know what to buy her? I asked my sister and she said just buy her whatever. Now don't you just hate that. I mean in this day and age it really pays to go to Target, Walmart or somewhere and actually register for what you would LIKE to receive. It just makes things so much easier.

I bought absolutely nothing for the kids or my husband. Yesterday was for ME! Yessiree. I probably haven't bought myself clothes in 2 or 3 years. So it was nice to actually go out and shop for myself. And when you can get good deals to boot. Well you just have to! Not to mention that I wanted a few dressier things for the cruise. I despise to dress up. I mean just give me a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt any day. Even when I was really small (my wedding dress was a size 3), I didn't like to dress up. I like comfort and don't really care about how things look.



After we shopped at the mall I could barely walk. We had probably 8 bags between the two of us and actually had to have someone from Belk's come and bring a flatbed cart and take our stuff out to the car! I knew I liked shopping at Belk's for some reason. The main reason I probably shop there is they have free gift wrap. What a timesaver that is! Nah, the reason we really had to have someone help us out with our stuff is because the gifts I had bought for my step-niece were really heavy. But it is nice that they offer that service. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tip or not, but when the lady took us out and she just kind of turned and said, "Thank you for shopping at Belk." I kind of assumed I wasn't supposed to. Don't you just hate it in this day and age when you don't know who you are and who you aren't supposed to tip? It's really a pain trying to figure that out when I travel for business.

After we left Belk and picked up the credit at the children's consignment shop we headed to a local restaurant to eat. Neither of us had ever eaten there before and I must say, it was very, very good. We waited for about 45 minutes for a table and then one became available in the bar, so we sat down there. The service wasn't that great and I despise eating in a smoke-filled room, but at least the food was good. I think the service would have been much better if we were eating in the actual dining room. It was one of the drink waitresses that was waiting on us and she was so busy with the customers who needed a drink that she didn't really have time to deal with us much.

I had "she crab" soup and a spinach salad that was absolutely divine! It was the best spinach salad I have ever had in my entire lift. And the "she crab" soup was to die for. Yum! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I ordered a shrimp dinner, but by the time I had eaten the spinach salad and "she crab" soup, I was full! So I ended up getting the shrimp in a to-go box and Sam took it with her to have for lunch today.

I'm really glad that I am getting out with my friends again. Another one of our friends was supposed to go with us, but at the last minute her mother decided she didn't want to babysit her kids, so she couldn't go. Bummers.

After gorging ourselves at dinner we headed to the movies to see The Wedding Date. It was a TOTAL chick flick!! I mean it was lovey-dovey-sappy. Right up our alley! I mean you can never get the dear old hubby to see those sappy chick flicks! So it's great to go out with the girls and just indulge yourself a bit. I'm glad it wasn't one of those tear-jerkers, or I would have lost my stuff.

By the time the movie let out it was after 11:00 p.m. This is probably the latest I have been out in years. I called Jonathan to let him know I was on the way home and what do I hear?!?! Miss Skyler is still up! Oh hell no! What is girlfriend doing up at 11:00 p.m.? I normally put her to bed at 8:00 p.m. She had been sick all day and laid in bed watching Annie over and over again. I bought her Annie last week while I was at Target. My dad took me to see the movie when I was 12 and I just loved it. I knew Skyler would love it because of the singing. But girlfriend has become obsessed with it! Jonathan said she watched it completely through 4 times yesterday! Geeze! Maybe I need to buy her some more show tunes, huh? It was quite enjoyable for Jonathan because she just laid in bed and watched tv all day. I never let her watch tv that long. But when it's a day with daddy, well girlfriend gets to do whatever she wants as long as she lets daddy watch his ballgames! he he he he

So I come strolling in the door at 11:30 and Skyler is in bed and screaming at the top of her lungs. Jonathan said he has tried every way in the world to get her to bed, but she just kept on screaming and hollering so he basically spanked her bottom and put her to bed and she was screaming her head off. So I head upstairs, rub the sweat off of her forehead, talk a little sweetness to her, kiss her good night and walk out the door and we don't hear another peep out of her. Jonathan was like, "How the hell did you do that?" I guess he just didn't have the "mommy touch" last night.



Today was my day to sleep in. Chase got up around 7:15 a.m. and Jonathan took him downstairs with him. He fed him his breakfast and a bottle and then Skyler got up. They played down here until about 9:30 when Jonathan sent her upstairs to wake me up. Not that I had been asleep the whole time or anything, but sometimes its just nice to lay in bed and not have to deal with the kids. We really should start getting up and going to church. Especially since Skyler has been asking to go to church. But it just seems like there aren't enough hours in the weekend to get much done and if we went to church there would be less. I know that's a bullsh-- answer, and we REALLY need to start going. Note to self: Get your a-- out of bed and find a church for the family.



Jonathan has already left to go party with his boss for the Super Bowl. Ugh, 12 hours of guys drinking, watching football, gambling and slapping each other on the back. Yuck! Why do guys have to do this "male bonding" thing? I know, its just an excuse to get out of the house and avoid the kids. Both kids are taking a nap right now, so I have a few minutes of down time to write an entry. Not that many people find my life very interesting or anything. But it's good therapy to write sometimes.

Well I guess I will end for now. I only have like 15 loads of laundry to do and only half a day to do it in.

Until tomorrow.....





Chocolate Face




It's Gonna Be A Long Day....
Monica; 1:59 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! I know what you mean about kids have different rules when it comes to which parent is watching them. It still amazes me how close our lives are.

Sounds like you got alot done with your shopping. About the clothes...we have special stores that full figure woman can go. The Avenue...Fashion Bug Plus...Some stores do cater to us fluffy girls :).

If it makes you feel any better...I read alot of blogs on a daily basis...but i don't always comment. Maybe others are doing the same. I have alot of friends that read my blog...but they don't comment...they comment in front of me..lol Sometimes all it takes is commenting on another blog and then they read yours and recommend and so on.

Take Care...are you counting down in hours about your cruise yet?

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com