Pieces of Us...
I Must Pack!!! - Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Ah now the stress begins.... I don't know why I always get stressed before a vacation. Hmmm, maybe it's because I'm the one who does ALL of the planning to include shopping for the vacation to find the best deal, making the reservations, getting the airline tickets, hotel, transportation, etc. Then after I have completely planned the vacation, I must then make the lists of things we must not forget... I.e., cruise documents, airline tickets, money, etc. Then I must wash up the clothes for the vacation, make all arrangements to be away, i.e., house sitter, babysitter for kids, mail pick up... Then there is the packing. In the days before the kids, I did the packing for not only myself, but Jonathan to. I no longer pack for him, he is a big boy and can do it himself. Anyway, you get the idea. Hell, by the time I have prepared for my vacation, I NEED a damn vacation! It must be nice to be Jonathan and just have everything planned out for you. All he has to do is slam his clothes into a suitcase and he is on his way. I worry about everything else... Ah, I need a break.

I have made myself a list that I usually just update from year to year. Tonight I must begin the task of packing. Packing is such a pain in the ass. It seems we always end up forgetting something or another. I give Jonathan just a few tasks to do, i.e., pick up the hotel discount tickets from his GM (Jonathan get's an employee rate for us to stay at the Day*s I*nn), get the money I am owed for typing up his company's business plan, etc. And I have to remind and remind and remind him over and over and over again to finish those two simple tasks. Geeze, what a waste of time. Are all men this way? Or just my husband? Someone please tell me!


Do I sound stressed? Well I am. We have a lot going on at work this week. I had the task of getting these commercials from Chicago to show at our Executive Committee meeting tomorrow. I asked for the DVD last Tuesday. They were supposed overnight them to me, but by Friday, no DVD. So I called on Friday and no one ever called me back. So yesterday I'm really pissed and I called Chicago again. "Oh someone must have dropped the ball," I was told. "No shit Sherlock!" So they PROMISE to overnight the commercials to me yesterday and I should have them by noon today. Do they get here? Oh hell no! Now I lied and said our meeting was today, so they would get their butts in gear and get them to me today, but obviously that didn't work. So now I am hoping and praying and praying and hoping that they will arrive tomorrow morning before our 10:00 a.m. meeting. I have a feeling they won't. So my EVP is going to think that I dropped the bomb! Geeze. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do arrive in the morning, or I am toast.

I have bookoo PowerPoints to do for tomorrow to. I don't know how I ever got roped into being the "computer guru", but somehow I am. I am definitely not a computer geek. I've never had a class on anything computer related really. I just can read a manual and pick things up like any other normal human being should be able to do. But at least it makes me useful at work. So I guess that is a good thing.


I will probably be freaking by tomorrow. Tonight I am going to wash up some clothes and start my packing. I am so excited, but I will be so tired by the time I leave that I probably won't know what to do with myself for the first couple of days. We are going to spend two nights in New Orleans before the cruise, so that should be fine. I went out and bought myself this nifty Fodor's book on New Orleans, but I haven't even had the time to read the damn thing. Go figure, huh?

My hubby says I try to plan things out too much sometimes. But somebody has to at least be semi-organized. Organization is definitely not one of Jonathan's strong points. I think he would be a much better Manager if he would at least attempt to organize himself better. He even admits he needs better organization skills, but he refuses to take the time to try and do it.


Well I guess I better end my bitch session for now and get my hiney upstairs and start packing for this trip. The bad thing about cruises are you need so many clothes. You need your "resort casual" clothes. Then you need your "dining room" clothes. You need your shorts and t-shirts. Then you also need dress-up clothes for those horrid dress up nights. Well, you get the picture. It's too much crap to pack in one suitcase! Now the airlines have this 50 pound rule for each suitcase. It used to be 70 pounds, but now it's 50! I guess we will just take two smaller suitcases each instead of the one giant one each we normally take.

Well I'm off to pack. Wish me luck that I won't forget something of vital importance! I'm outta here!



Countdown to our Cruise!!
I Must Pack!!!
Monica; 6:16 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com