Pieces of Us...
The Babies Are Gone!!!! - Sunday, February 13, 2005
I can't believe the babies are going to be gone for two whole weeks! This will be the longest I have ever been away from either of them. Skyler has been gone for a week or so before, but never two whole weeks. I won't know what to do with myself. Don't get me wrong, I have a whole lot to do this week to get ready for our trip. Not to mention I will be working all this week to, but it is going to seem really weird with them not here.

I just called my mother a few minutes ago to see if she was getting ready to put the kids to bed. I talked to her for about 30 seconds and immediately realized that her sugar was low. Sometimes she acts and says the weirdest things when her sugar is low. I'm a little worried about the kids. I'm just afraid one day she will be holding Chase and her sugar will go low and she will drop him or something. If my stepdad wasn't there, I definitely would not feel comfortable leaving them with her. I told her to put my stepdad on the phone and I told him her sugar was low. Sometimes he doesn't pay any attention and he doesn't even realize her sugar is low. I can just talk to her for a few seconds and I can tell when it's low.

While we were home today Jonathan and I checked our sugar with mom's meter. Jonathan was a big baby. He can't stand to have his finger pricked or see blood. It's amazing sometimes how a grown 270 lb man can be squeamish at the sight of a little blood from themselves, but can see other things and it doesn't bother them at all. Men are weinies sometimes!! Can you see a man going through childbirth. Ha! Anyway, both of our sugar was fine. Mine ran 90 and Jonathan's ran 94. So it was good.



So we went to the stepniece's wedding yesterday. It was very nice. I still can't believe she is getting married though. It really makes me feel old. I remember when my sister and her husband got married Amber was only 9 years old. She had big glasses, short scraggly hair and was very homely. Now she has turned into a very beautiful young woman. But she is still only 19 years old. Just a baby! She and her husband looked like babies up there. I wish them the best of luck and hope they have a wonderful and happy life together.

Skyler did excellent at the wedding. She sat perfectly still (other than asking a few questions. One of which was, "Mommy, but where is the cake? Isn't there supposed to be cake here?") Yup, leave it up to the 3 year old to figure out where the sweets were. I think she watches too much tv or something!

She was very excited to see her cousin Sienna who was in the wedding. I took a few pictures. Sienna looked like a little angel in her flower girl dress. Skyler wanted to be dressed up like Sienna so bad. I was afraid that Skyler wouldn't understand why she couldn't go up front and stand with Sienna during the wedding. I was having horrible thoughts of her running up front and grabbing Sienna's hand or something. But she did great, and stayed in her seat and was very quiet. Well except for the part about asking where the cake was.







Aren't they little angels! Skyler absolutely adores Sienna. She calls her "my sister." They are really close. I just wish we lived closer to them so they could spend more time together. Becky (my stepsister and Sienna's mother) and I fought like cats and dogs while we were growing up. There was only 6 months difference in our ages (I was 6 months older) and we were always competing against each other for one reason or another. We weren't really close at all until we were adults and had children, etc. I'm glad we are closer now. I just wish she lived closer to us.



Skyler is almost completely recovered from being sick. She is doing so much better. I can't believe she recovered so quickly. Girlfriend definitely "milked" being sick though. She acted like her life was coming to an end and wanted Jonathan and I to wait on her hand and foot. She was laying in the floor in the downstairs bedroom watching television and I had a glass of water and a glass of Gator*ade sitting right beside her.

She would holler and say, "Mommy, I need a drink."

I'd say, "Skyler, it's laying right beside you."

"But Mommy, I caaaaaan't reach it!"

So I would walk my happy go lucky butt in there and give her a drink of water. I handed her the glass and she said, "But Mommy, I need fresh water."

"What! Fresh water! I just poured you that glass 5 minutes ago!"

Girlfriend was waited on hand and foot by her daddy and I. She milked it for two whole days before we told her she needed to get over herself. I know, I know, you say but she is only 3 years old! But girlfriend can milk it like a teenager, let me tell you. She definitely knows how to milk my mom and stepdad. She can get them to wait on her hand and foot. Ah, but I have memories of doing my poor grandmother the same way. I didn't like chicken noodle soup when I was young. Well I didn't like the chicken in the chicken noodle soup. So my mamaw would stand there and pick every single piece of chicken out of the soup before I would even touch it. Can you even imagine? Hmm, wonder where Skyler gets her stubbornness, temper, spoiled, bitchiness from..... Hmm, I dunno.



Jonathan and I went out and had a dinner alone. It was quite nice. As we were walking into the restaurant I said, "It sure does feel strange to be walking into a restaurant without holding a toddler's hand and carrying an infant carrier."

Tonight we are going to sit down and actually watch an entire movie without being disturbed once! What will we ever do with ourselves. We are going to watch The Terminal. Ever since we joined the Wal*Mart version of Net*Flix, we have been watching movies again. That is the coolest thing ever. No more running out to the video store and then having to run back to turn in movies. You can keep a movie as long as you like with no late fees. It's totally the way to go.

Well I better end for now. I'm outta here!!!

Countdown to our Cruise!!
The Babies Are Gone!!!!
Monica; 9:03 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm glad skyler is doing better. We are doing better also...I hope that school will not be canceled! We are having an ice storm at the moment. I hope Darin and Frank don't get the sickness again. But me and Amber are at the tail end of it. Good blood sugars! Whatever your doing is working for you both. Kids always surprise ya..believe me had you not worried it would have gone bad. but because you did all went well.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com